RIP Vibe.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
deafanddiabetic

RIP Vibe.

Post by deafanddiabetic »

It's with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to the neon blue dream.

I was on a major street and someone blew a stop sign and I T-Boned them at 45 mph. It happened so quickly it was insane, airbag, things flying, I cut my face open on something and my neck is worse for wear. But I'm alive. I'm an avid motorcyclist and ride 5 days a week, but this day I chose to leave it home because of the rain that morning. I'd be dead if I had ridden and for that I'm thankful for better circumstances.

I'll be getting a settlement for the car and injuries etc, etc but my insurance company told me that at the end of all of it I'd be in possession of the car to either sell for scrap or part out at my discretion.

So, this is basically a "who might need something out of the wrecked vibe that I could try and help you get if it's feasible" thread.

I've already started my hunt for another one, I drove 3600 miles in it the last week of July to the west coast and back and averaged 34mpg the entire trip and it was an absolute dream. I will never own another car.
Attachments
IMG_20150817_163337268.jpg
IMG_20150817_163337268.jpg (70 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
gtv237

Re: RIP Vibe.

Post by gtv237 »

That is truly sad. It looks like the viber took a bullet for you. It's a shame people have to be such morons on the road. Glad you're ok!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Ouch !!! :o Hopefully you got hit by an insured driver AND they are giving you more than fair compensation. Your neck is worse for wear? Not familiar with that term but it doesn't sound good. Anyways while reading this tragic story I can't help but wonder "where on earth you're located"? Locations posted on our avatars are very helpful in at least having a general idea where GenVibe members are located without disclosing too much private info. So, where are you located? If close to Ohio/Michigan I may grab some parts.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
trb

Post by trb »

Sorry to see such a unique and nice Vibe end up like that. But at least it kept you safe and it is great you are planning on another one. When mine got crunched, it was automatic that I was looking for another Vibe to replace it.

Good luck on the settlement and in the search for a replacement!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Oh man! That must have been horrible!
If your neck hurts you must see a doctor to get it checked out. It is probably the typical trauma that happens when your head gets jerked forward, then back to hit the headrest. Medication can help with the pain and the medical records will help with dealing with the insurance. People sometimes forget that when they are in shock.

I hope you are back to good health quickly and i hope you find a worthy Vibe soon.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
deafanddiabetic

Post by deafanddiabetic »

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

"Worse for wear" is just some nomenclature that says it's not great, but it's not awful. My friends and I describe it as "it's seen some city miles"

Anyway, I got an X-Ray yesterday and they didn't find any neck fractures or misalignment in my spine, but they can clearly tell that I have whiplash in my neck and lower back from my spine being straight and inflamed. Normal for that type of accident, but some muscle relaxers and rest I'll be fine in a 6-8 weeks. I'm very sore, but I'll be okay.

I got such a heck of a deal on this Vibe that I don't think I'll find another deal like it, I'm already scouring Craigslist and Cargurus and finding similar models with higher miles for $2-$3000 more than I paid for mine. It's quite disheartening thus far, but I really need the fuel economy and versatility of the Vibe/Matrix. I found a 2009 1.8L model locally for a decent price, but I've got to wait to see how the insurance stuff plays out first. Thankfully he was insured and is claiming responsibility for the accident. I feel bad for him, too even though it's his fault. I'm going to impound today to pull some things out of the Vibe (Like the nice touchscreen double DIN stere I just put in it).

I'm located in Nebraska and am willing to ship things for whomever had asked that.
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Important thing is you're alive. There are other Vibes and Matrixes out there. It may take some time to find a good one. Good luck.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Wow! Glad you're alright. Sorry to hear about your nice Vibe. Hopefully everything gets sorted out for you pretty quickly. I had a similar accident (hit black ice in my Volvo 850 and slid head on into a Suburban) almost two years ago and it took 9 months for the other party to resolve the matter. It can be a pain, but at least the other party for you is accepting responsibility. Good luck in your search!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Nathankenney94

Post by Nathankenney94 »

I'm sorry to hear that bro but glad you are going to get another vibe. I am intrested in the floor mats and cargo Mat if it has it and the seat belt latch.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Man, that really sucks! Such a beautiful two tone Wave :cry:! The most important thing is that you're okay though. Be sure to keep us updated on what happens with insurance, etc. Good luck with your search for a "new" Vibe.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
GTwannabe

Post by GTwannabe »

can I have your parts?

ohh. and.. uh.. very sad and all. I feel.. uh ... bad?.... yeah...

Can I have you parts?
Kendrick Lamar agrees... Keep your Vibe alive and well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF8aaTu2kg0
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

Glad to hear you're OK. Things can be replaced, lives cannot. Good luck searching for a new Vibe!
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

That sucks! But you walked away and that's what counts.

A moment of silence for a Vibe that gave its life for yours...

Good luck on the hunt for another Vibe!
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum