Thanks and Goodbye

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
meinmi

Thanks and Goodbye

Post by meinmi »

Just a quick note to thank everyone here for all the help over the last 4 or 5 years. I've loved my vibe and it has been one of the most trouble free cars I have ever owned. The hard truth is that with 245,000 miles on her and most weeks finding me 400 or 500 miles from home I wanted something with fewer miles and less likely hood of breaking down at an inopportune time. Don't worry, I'll be selling it to someone for them to begin their "vibe journey of Love". It ought to make a perfect car for a new driver.
I would have liked to replace it with another vibe but they are getting hard to find with under 100,000 miles on them and I don't like how the 2nd generation looks. Add that to my fondness for leather seats and it was an almost impossible search.
I actually went with a Honda Crosstour; I know a unique looking car that many people find ugly but I like how it looks, it is a great interstate cruiser (incredible ride and nice power), and I'm getting 30mpg on the interstate with a v6.
Thanks again of the help and enjoy those special little cars.
Mike
Last edited by meinmi on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsa Guy

Re: Thanks and Goodbye

Post by Salsa Guy »

Awesome and hope your new car services you as well as the Vibe!
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Glad the Vibe served you well. Enjoy your Honda. :)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Sorry to see the Vibe go :( Best of luck with your "new" vehicle ;). With any luck, the next owner of your Vibe will become one of us :)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibenvy wrote: With any luck, the next owner of your Vibe will become one of us :)!
That should be MANDATORY :o Glad the Vibe served you well all of these years. Too bad you didn't have "nerves of steel" and was willing to continue using it till 400k miles or more. Good luck with your Honda!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
meinmi

Post by meinmi »

Trust me the nerves of steel part was tempting and I was really looking forward to going past 300,000 and "stopping" the odometer but I've recently needed to do a lot of traveling overnight and the thought of waiting for AAA to send a tow truck at 2 am hundreds of miles from home and trying to find both a motel and a trustworthy mechanic got the better of me. For the next owner 300,000 and 400,000 should be gimme's.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

its always tough to give up a long lasting reliable car like the vibe, but when its time its time, and your new car sounds like its going to be a new fun journey for you!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM