New Member- Trying to spruce up my 2003 Vibe to sell it; advice needed

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
AR2003Vibe

New Member- Trying to spruce up my 2003 Vibe to sell it; advice needed

Post by AR2003Vibe »

HI!

I have a 2003 Pontiac Vibe with around 160,000 miles on it. It has a few issues - (mainly aesthetically) that I need to fix in order to sell it to anyone.

Sadly, I don't think that it is worth much but I'm hoping that ya'll can offer me some advice or resources on places to get some used parts etc.

Off the top of my head, here are the main issues: (note: I promise I treated this car well!!)

1. Door handles fell off of every door. I have replaced the drivers side but need replacement handles for the remaining three doors
2. A fuse blew and the clock/radio/cig lighter no longer works. I'll post a picture and see if anyone has a replacement part for the cig lighter
3. Need a replacement tank for windshield wiper fluid
4. The interior light doesn't work

There are a few other issues that I'll have to post with a video. I did have a major problem with rain leaking in but I think that I fixed that.

This car has its issues but I'd like to do what I can (financially) to fix at least some of the problems enough that someone would buy it. I dont know if I would feel comfortable selling it to a private party.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I'm just kinda overwhelmed, need the money and really need to get this thing out of my garage. :) Any suggestions would be great!

Will follow up with additional issues and video here in a few.
Nasmfell

Re: New Member- Trying to spruce up my 2003 Vibe to sell it; advice needed

Post by Nasmfell »

Hi. Good luck. The Vibe resale has really dropped. You'll be lucky to get $4000 out of it,if that, Having issues makes it seem less desirable to a potential owner. Sorry.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Replace it with the same size. Hopefully the issue was from plugging something inappropriate into the cig lighter because diagnosing a short is a pain if you don't really know what you're doing.

Try jiggling the interior light switch. It may be in the same circuit as the cig lighter. Open your owner's manual and look.

# TO1288126
or # TO1288112 on rockauto for a reservoir.

DORMAN Part # 88504 right front
# GM1520146 right rear

Ebay the last one, I guess.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
JerBear

Post by JerBear »

I'm really not trying to be a smart Alec but the smartest thing you could do is fix the issues and drive the darn thing. I know that is not what you are wanting to do but I think unless you won the lotto and are buying a new car with cash whatever you get will be very hard pressed to beat a Vibe for utility , value, dependability and yahda, yahda, etc..... Rock Auto.Com is a very good source for parts and price with one stop shopping if you or someone you trust can do the work.
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

JerBear wrote:I'm really not trying to be a smart Alec but the smartest thing you could do is fix the issues and drive the darn thing. I know that is not what you are wanting to do but I think unless you won the lotto and are buying a new car with cash whatever you get will be very hard pressed to beat a Vibe for utility , value, dependability and yahda, yahda, etc..... Rock Auto.Com is a very good source for parts and price with one stop shopping if you or someone you trust can do the work.

The OP has made up his/her mind. He/she wants to sell to free up space while making a few bucks in the process.
trb

Post by trb »

You might want to list where you are located since someone on here might be close by and interested in it. Easy sale!

Good luck on it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car