Big Electrical problem

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
checklst

Big Electrical problem

Post by checklst »

Sorry for the long post as my first but my search is coming up almost empty. First let me tell you what I was doing when the electrical problem occurred.

I was replacing the A/c heater Blender motor. I had car running watched door close and bounce(would not shut off) I wanted to keep door in outside air circulation so I pulled the wire connector off the blender motor. THATS when all heck started....first the A/C blower motor turned off and I heard the A/C compressor clutch go off....I lost all dash lights and all gages along with the 110v inverter. The turn signals are gone along with the Power windows, the OBD check engine light and air bag light is on. I do have flashers, no turn signal. The good news is I can listen to the radio while I try to fix all the systems.........LOL

Anyway its 2007 vibe base 1.8. I have check all fuses(all good) under dash and under hood.....I did do a swap on a few relays that had duplicates under the hood and the relays over the glove box......so far no luck. :oops: Stumped!!!!! any thoughts.

Thanks in advance
Derf

Re: Big Electrical problem

Post by Derf »

With multiple systems failing at once with fuses and relays reasonably being ruled out. I would suspect a common ground bus issue. After you noticed the issue, did you plug the connector back into the motor? If so, after connecting the harness were the issues resolved.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
joatmon

Re: Big Electrical problem

Post by joatmon »

There is a 100A Main fuse bolted into the underhood fuse block, usually the only time people blow that is when the cross connect jumper cables, so I don't know how you may have blown it, but it is a possibility that MAY be the problem. There is a wiring diagram showing the power source, what goes through that 100A fuse and what doesn't, attached to a post in viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33423&p=373795