Saying goodbye to Project Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
csxt8058

Saying goodbye to Project Vibe

Post by csxt8058 »

After almost six years of faithful, trouble free driving, it is time to say goodbye to Project Vibe. I had planned on keeping it for a couple more years and then trade for whatever suited my fancy at the time. I went looking at dealers yesterday and in the end I couldn't pass up the deal that was offered to me.

I ended up trading for a 2015 Malibu LT, I really like the style of them and I figured do it now since the 2016 looks horrible, to me anyway. It was kind of bittersweet last night as I 'stripped down' the Vibe, but I know it'll make someone else a great car and hopefully they will take care of it as well as I did.

I won't disappear from GenVibe though, I'll peek in from time to time to see how everyone is doing. I received so many great ideas for Project Vibe during my stay here and I thank everyone involved in that. :)

JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
Nathankenney94

Re: Saying goodbye to Project Vibe

Post by Nathankenney94 »

Post some pics of the new ride
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

First, let me just say that although I'm sad to hear you got rid of the Vibe, I'm glad to see that it was not totaled which is what I first thought when I saw the title of the thread. Now for the rest of my post...

awww man... after you just put that nice exhaust on it :cry:! I'm sad, but understand your reasoning. Hopefully the new owner of the Vibe will join up here. Did you take any aftermarket parts off it or did you leave it as is?

Good luck with the Malibu and as Nathan said, post some pictures of it when you get a chance ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

How are you going to mount the train horns on the Malibu?
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Gonna miss you here :cry: At least you replaced it with a classical American ride. Thank You ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

yeah strip that new exhaust off it and send me a PM :D

Congrats on finding a new ride!