New member, 09 Vibe 2.4l

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
draygen

New member, 09 Vibe 2.4l

Post by draygen »

Hi everyone!

I'm a new member, I just bought an 09 Vibe last week, blue metallic, premium monsoon sound, moon roof, roof rack, 17" chrome alloy wheels, 2.4l automatic. Purchased with 29k miles , in Boston, MA - cheap!!

I must say, I'm so in love with this car. It drives like a dream and I think it's a really nice looking vehicle. Glad to be a part of the crew!!
2009 Pontiac Vibe 2.4L Auto - Steel Blue Metallic
Sun and Sound Package
17" Chrome Clad Wheels
Luggage Rack w/ Cross Bars
tpollauf

Re: New member, 09 Vibe 2.4l

Post by tpollauf »

draygen wrote: Purchased with 29k miles
Welcome to GenVibe :D That's very low mileage for a 6 year old Vibe. Private sale OR dealer? Curious as to the $$$ Clean title or was this wrecked? Post pics when you have a chance & welcome to this forum ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
draygen

Post by draygen »

Hi tpollauf,

Yeah - Clean title, single owner, bought from a dealership - they had it at 12,000$ , I got them to go below 10k$ plus a 3 year extended warranty.
I was completely surprised by the low mileage, whomever owned it took care of it and I think they just didnt have very far to drive or something - because it doesn't seem like it was just garaged... It drives like new and is spotless on the interior. I can't stop staring at this car;) I went from a 2001 Ford Taurus rust bucket that needed over 3k in engine/front end work.

Sun and Sound Package
17" Chrome Clad Wheels
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Hi draygen: welcome to GenVibe.
From Ford to Pontiac Vibe.....I can relate. I don't miss my Windstar at all and I am sure you will not miss your Taurus for long either. Heck, I can clean my whole windshield from one side for once!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
draygen

Post by draygen »

vibrologist wrote:Hi draygen: welcome to GenVibe.
From Ford to Pontiac Vibe.....I can relate. I don't miss my Windstar at all and I am sure you will not miss your Taurus for long either. Heck, I can clean my whole windshield from one side for once!
OUCH! Yeah a Windstar? I forgot all about those :) My Taurus was downright unsafe, I think it needed ball joints, lower control arm, EGR valve, O2 sensor and probably a replacement tranny... Plus the rust around the rear wheel wells was so bad it would have been a pain to fix up. I was tired of it. It was so nice to get a nice car thats almost new but 6 years old, then discover its actually a really great/good looking, peppy, practical car.
Sun and Sound Package
17" Chrome Clad Wheels
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Welcome aboard!! Thanks for posting a photo, it looks very nice...those are the wheels I wish mine had :|

JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

great looking vehicle there for a great price, plus the premium features!

nice to get a warranty too, but you likely won't need it ;)
draygen

Post by draygen »

Thanks everyone! I'm very pleased. I don't completely understand why it has chrome clad 17" wheels since I've noticed from my research that only AWD comes with them, but either way I love my cars shoes ;)
Sun and Sound Package
17" Chrome Clad Wheels
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! That is a sharp looking Vibe! As for the wheels, the documentation says that the chrome wheels were on the AWD models and the 5 spoke brushed wheels were for the FWD cars, but I can say for a fact I've seen both wheels on the FWD cars enough times that they must have come from the factory that way. My guess is they were using whatever wheels were available to build the cars. Oh, I just noticed you have the roof rack too like the AWD cars. Are you 100% sure it is FWD and not AWD?

Good luck with it. Sounds like you got a great deal on it, for sure!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
draygen

Post by draygen »

trb wrote:Welcome! That is a sharp looking Vibe! As for the wheels, the documentation says that the chrome wheels were on the AWD models and the 5 spoke brushed wheels were for the FWD cars, but I can say for a fact I've seen both wheels on the FWD cars enough times that they must have come from the factory that way. My guess is they were using whatever wheels were available to build the cars. Oh, I just noticed you have the roof rack too like the AWD cars. Are you 100% sure it is FWD and not AWD?

Good luck with it. Sounds like you got a great deal on it, for sure!
Thanks! Yep I'm certain, I checked for a driveshaft going to the rear and I see nothing. Also it's 5 speed, which if it were an AWD I'm sure it would be a 4 speed based on what I've read...
Sun and Sound Package
17" Chrome Clad Wheels
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

draygen wrote:
vibrologist wrote:Hi draygen: welcome to GenVibe.
OUCH! Yeah a Windstar? I forgot all about those :) My Taurus was downright unsafe, I think it needed ball joints, lower control arm, EGR valve, O2 sensor and probably a replacement tranny... Plus the rust around the rear wheel wells was so bad it would have been a pain to fix up. I was tired of it. It was so nice to get a nice car thats almost new but 6 years old, then discover its actually a really great/good looking, peppy, practical car.
Yes, a Windstar. It is still serving a family in town.
My Vibe was not love at first sight but it has grown on me for the exact same reasons that you like yours. Just today it went through my mind: "unbelievable, this car is 10 years old and runs this good with no rust to speak of."
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Thanks for posting a picture of your gorgeous Steel Blue Metallic Vibe for us to enjoy right away! My mom's 2009 Vibe GT (see my signature picture below) is the same color and man is it a beautiful color! She's gotten tons of compliments on it from complete strangers.

As others have said, the wheels were supposedly AWD-specific, but really aren't. I definitely do think they're pretty rare though, as I've only seen a handful of 2009-2010 Vibes with them in person over the past 6 years. They''re definitely pretty darn nice looking too :cool:.

Do you have any plans for any modifications to your "new" Vibe?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
draygen

Post by draygen »

vibenvy wrote:Welcome to GenVibe! Thanks for posting a picture of your gorgeous Steel Blue Metallic Vibe for us to enjoy right away! My mom's 2009 Vibe GT (see my signature picture below) is the same color and man is it a beautiful color! She's gotten tons of compliments on it from complete strangers.

As others have said, the wheels were supposedly AWD-specific, but really aren't. I definitely do think they're pretty rare though, as I've only seen a handful of 2009-2010 Vibes with them in person over the past 6 years. They''re definitely pretty darn nice looking too :cool:.

Do you have any plans for any modifications to your "new" Vibe?
Hi!! Yes absolutely. I love this car so much that it's probably worthy of some slight (slight, if I can contain myself lol) modifications. I at least want seat covers and floor mats that have "vibe" and the Pontiac emblem on them. Plus some mat for the cargo compartment so it's not an ice skating rink. Any other suggestions??

Draygen
Sun and Sound Package
17" Chrome Clad Wheels
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Draygen wrote:Hi!! Yes absolutely. I love this car so much that it's probably worthy of some slight (slight, if I can contain myself lol) modifications. I at least want seat covers and floor mats that have "vibe" and the Pontiac emblem on them. Plus some mat for the cargo compartment so it's not an ice skating rink. Any other suggestions??
Sorry for the delayed response.

I can tell you from firsthand experience, once you start modding, it's hard to stop :P! Wet Okole makes great custom fit seat covers, although they're pretty pricey. I don't have them, but have read many positive things on here about them and from what I've seen, they look great. As far as floor mats go, unfortunately GM discontinued their all weather rubber floor mats for the 2009-2010 Vibes a few years ago after the whole "Toyota unintended acceleration" debacle, so your chances of finding them are next to nothing. These were the only floor mats I know of that had the Pontiac arrowhead and Vibe logos on them. You may want to look into WeatherTech's all weather floor mats or floor liners. Again, they're a bit pricey, but well worth the money. Fortunately, GM does still offer their all weather rubber cargo mat which has the Pontiac arrowhead and Vibe logos on it. The part number for it is: #19170827. I recommend GMPartsCenter.net for any GM parts and / or accessories you may want to get. Their prices and custom service are barnone. Speaking of the GM cargo mats, we actually have two of them in each of our 2009 GTs. The second mats cover the backs of the rear seats almost perfectly when they're folded down, so if you haul a lot of stuff with the seats folded down, you may want to consider ordering two of them ;).

As far as suggestions go, I have a ton, but it all depends on what exactly you're looking to do. Let me know if you have any other questions and I should be able to point you in the right direction ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage