new member from houston tx

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
nwall1

new member from houston tx

Post by nwall1 »

Hey guys just picked up an 04 vibe. Got it for free from my ole ladys grandpa. My truck is in and out of the shop and he gave me this since he doesn't drive it any more. Just drove it to houston from chicago and its a great car. Only has 40k miles on it. Has the sun roof and is the automatic. Has stock rims not hubcaps, thats a plus. Really like the car so far. Plans are new sound system and tint is the first thing. Then a towning package so i can haul my motorcycles around. Im happy with the color. I figured it was going to be that. Asic grey with the dark grey bumpers. Not a fan of that at all. But happy to be here thanks for reading
(Tried posting a pic and it wouldnt work)

Nick
vibrologist

Re: new member from houston tx

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to GenVibe, nwall1! Free Vibe! You are a lucky man.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome neighbor! What part of town are you in? Sounds like you got a great deal for sure. LOL! Post your pics on a picture share website (photobucket, flickr, etc) and you can link them on here. That is how most of us do it since the picture size is limited for uploads.

Good luck with your plans on the new Vibe and certainly let us know if you have any questions.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

ARGH you Houston folks disgust me!

j/k!

I recommend painting the trim if you can, it is an unholy eyesore and a pain to keep looking healthy in TX.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Hi nwall1 Welcome
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe! Free is always good. Now you should have plenty oif extra $$$ to perform mods & upgrades. Post pics when you figure out how to. ......... Welcome :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
nwall1

Post by nwall1 »

Im in northwest houston jerseyvillage area
Here she is

URL=http://s375.photobucket.com/user/nwall1 ... p.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
trb

Post by trb »

nwall1 wrote:Im in northwest houston jerseyvillage area
Here she is

Image[/URL]
LOL! You really are a neighbor! I'm off West Rd & BW8 in Willowbridge/Stonebridge. The car looks great. I like that color in the monotone, and you got the nice 17" wheels.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
nwall1

Post by nwall1 »

Yes i love the color. I am at west and jones i live in steeple chase. Very close to me. I have a friend in stonebridge. I was also supprised that it has an outlet you can plug a wall charger into. Is that common?
trb

Post by trb »

nwall1 wrote:Yes i love the color. I am at west and jones i live in steeple chase. Very close to me. I have a friend in stonebridge. I was also supprised that it has an outlet you can plug a wall charger into. Is that common?
We almost bought a house in Steeplechase years ago, and eventually ended up in Winchester Country until they started building homes in Stonebridge. We really like the area, especially the proximity to my job by downtown. But I can't wait until 290 is finished! I'll keep my eyes open for you around the area! You will know me by my "My other car is a 5.0" license plate frame. :lol:

The power inverter is a standard feature on all Vibes, way before many other vehicles had it. One of the neat little things about these cars. I just wish the older models had a grounded plug like in the 09-10 models, so I could easily plug in my laptop charger instead of rigging up one of those cheater adapters.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! That's a very nice looking Vibe you've got there! That's awesome that it only has 40,000 miles and was free! Definitely keep us posted any upgrades you do ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage