New Member long time owner

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
RRich89

New Member long time owner

Post by RRich89 »

Hey all new member located near Philadelphia officially joining after three and a half years of owning an '06 Vibe. I've been reading this website for a while now and finally wanted to make myself official! I have no complaints at all about my Vibe and the only real issue is the clicking noise from the air actuator we are all familiar with. 125,000 miles and still going strong, I hope to see the fabled 299,999 one day. Looking forward to learning a lot more from the forum and being part of the Vibe family.

vibrologist

Re: New Member long time owner

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to GenVibe, RRich89! nice looking Vibe!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

Welcome! I myself have been away for some years (life, new babies, etc etc), but have had a yearning to come back :)
nerdydaddyo

Post by nerdydaddyo »

Welcome, RRich! I am also a relatively new member, and only became a Vibe owner in February of this year. My journal of owning the Vibe has been ongoing in this thread viewtopic.php?t=44217 and I have been keeping a list of parts I've purchased along with any how-to's I've come up with here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=44222. Hopefully I can contribute some helpful info along the way and learn some tricks of the trade from the more seasoned Vibe owners. I didn't really know a lot about the Vibe before purchasing it other than it was a recommended vehicle by Consumer Reports and that it shares the same platform as a Toyota Matrix with minor cosmetic differences, but the more I get into my Vibe, the more I can't believe this car didn't become a runaway hit. There's too much to love about it!
Me, my Vibe, and the open road...
RRich89

Post by RRich89 »

I agree with you nerdydaddyo! I have absolutely no interest in getting a new car anytime soon. Too many new things to go wrong, electric power steering, CVT's everywhere and just some really alien looking interiors (went to the 2015 Philadelphia Car Show, wasn't really impressed with anything). I have an automatic transmission and get 26-28mpg, haven't had any major issues (knock on wood) and this car is pretty easy to work on, couldn't ask for more!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe Rich! Glad you finally decided to join us. Thanks for posting a picture of your Vibe. It looks great :cool:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Hi RRich89 Welcome.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Rich. Glad you finally joined up with the rest of us. So much information here pertaining to the Vibe automobile that you won't ever need to look elsewhere. Visit often ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome RRich! Glad you joined us over here. Lots of info and great people on here for a great little car. Best of luck in your quest to peg the odometer on your Vibe!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car