New vibe owner and member here

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
southernguy10

New vibe owner and member here

Post by southernguy10 »

Hello all, thanks for letting me join. Just got my 03 vibe auto base model a few weeks ago. It has 182,000 miles on it and has been well maintained. Interior looks like it's never been ridden in. It has the roof rack delete. It's been lowered two inches the right way, no cut springs or anything. Ride quality is better than my vw jetta I just got rid of. I'm loving the car. The only thing I've found it needs so far is a drivers side front axle. I'm thinking of adding the factory body kit to it. Any advice or things I need to watch for or be aware of since this is my first one? Thanks in advance. I'll post some pics
Attachments
01616_gFmki9ECEY7_600x450.jpg
01616_gFmki9ECEY7_600x450.jpg (107.91 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
00h0h_2huUQs0gFKe_600x450.jpg
00h0h_2huUQs0gFKe_600x450.jpg (105.84 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
00q0q_gkLb7hz5tQF_600x450.jpg
00q0q_gkLb7hz5tQF_600x450.jpg (99.43 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
vibrologist

Re: New vibe owner and member here

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome Southernguy10!
Sharp looking Vibe! I think I saw it on CL.

Just make sure you have the proper fluids.

This one may have been included in a recall for the ECU. Have a GM dealer check it for you. (Was it included and if so was it done?)
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
southernguy10

Post by southernguy10 »

Thanks! You probably did see it on Craigslist. I wound up getting it off the guy for $2600. He had gotten a new vehicle and this was just sitting so he wanted it out of his yard. I think I did pretty good on it. I'm not sure on the ecu recall if it's been done or not. I saw on another post about the window regulator screws recall and mine is doing the popping noise when rolling down they described, so I'll probably take it to the dealership and let them check it for recalls and do what it needs. Are there rrecommended/preferred brands and types of fluids? Besides the obvious 5/30 oil and specific transmission fluid. Also the door catches, is there a fix for them or just replace them when they don't work right? Thanks for any help
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! Car looks pretty good and it sounds like you got a good deal on it.

Good luck with it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

southernguy10 wrote:Thanks! You probably did see it on Craigslist. I wound up getting it off the guy for $2600. He had gotten a new vehicle and this was just sitting so he wanted it out of his yard. I think I did pretty good on it. I'm not sure on the ecu recall if it's been done or not. I saw on another post about the window regulator screws recall and mine is doing the popping noise when rolling down they described, so I'll probably take it to the dealership and let them check it for recalls and do what it needs. Are there rrecommended/preferred brands and types of fluids? Besides the obvious 5/30 oil and specific transmission fluid. Also the door catches, is there a fix for them or just replace them when they don't work right? Thanks for any help
The tranny fluid is Toyota ATF Type T-IV. AWD has a transmission filter, FWD has only a screen. Still I will drop the pan to clean the magnets.

Engine coolant: I will use the Toyota super long life engine coolant. I understand you can buy a concentrate and dilute it with distilled water.

look what this guy did:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43441&hilit=take+out+interior
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

southernguy10

Post by southernguy10 »

Ok great, thanks for the info. Any recommendations on oil? Full synthetic yes, no? Was thinking of using Mobil 1.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

southernguy10 wrote:Ok great, thanks for the info. Any recommendations on oil? Full synthetic yes, no? Was thinking of using Mobil 1.

Well,since you asked, here is the long answer:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-101/
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Looks great ! Lovin the roof rack caps. Been wanting to get them for my Vibe, but after all these years they are still too darn expensive :shock:
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
southernguy10

Post by southernguy10 »

Thanks. I was fortunate the expensive stuff was done when I got it lol. Ran a Carfax on it and there's no records of wrecks or anything and I'm the third owner. Was originally an Ohio car and wound up here in Tennessee. The guy I bought it from did all the work to it. I think all I'm gonna do is possibly add the factory body kit. But that's a maybe somewhere down the road. I love the car and the looks as is.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Welcome to GV! No recall on the ECU for the 03-04 Fwd 1zz. IM gasket it a popular repair. Solid cars should last you many years!
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Props on posting pictures of your "new" Vibe right away ;)! It looks like it has been very well taken care of which is always great to see. It's cool that it also has a few mods done to it already. The GM ground effects would look great on it, but good luck getting a hold of them. From what I've read on here, they're very hard to come by these days.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
1gnvibe

Post by 1gnvibe »

Looks sharp! That drop looks a lot like Tein S Tech springs. I put mine on about 6 weeks ago and have been loving it ever since. I'd say it rides even better than stock. Welcome to the Vibe Tribe.
97 Neon Sedan - 'trollmobile' - 5sp, 52mm TB, Sport Exhaust, factory white ACR wheels, Kicker 300w monoblock pushing 2 MTX 5500 12s
04 Vibe GT 'murdervibe' - Abyss Black, plasti-dipped badges and wheels, Tein S Techs on stock struts, tinted everything
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Sharp looking first gen.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
southernguy10

Post by southernguy10 »

1gnvibe wrote:Looks sharp! That drop looks a lot like Tein S Tech springs. I put mine on about 6 weeks ago and have been loving it ever since. I'd say it rides even better than stock. Welcome to the Vibe Tribe.
Thanks. The springs on mine are bright green I noticed when I put it up on the rack at my brothers shop. Are the Tein springs green or do I have something else on there?
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Hi southernguy10, Welcome.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

southernguy10 wrote: The springs on mine are bright green I noticed when I put it up on the rack at my brothers shop. Are the Tein springs green or do I have something else on there?
I do believe Tein springs are indeed green.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage