Just bought '09 AWD Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
rpm1275

Just bought '09 AWD Vibe

Post by rpm1275 »

Just found and bought an '09 AWD Vibe this past Saturday, I actually really wanted to by one back in the fall of '09 but at the time it was a little out of my price range and I was a little spooked by all of the financial trouble GM was having at the time and I ended up buy your basic run of the mill Toyota Corolla instead. Long story longer, with living in PA it was time to get an AWD vehicle, preferably smaller and newer used, I've looked since for Christmas at Impreza's RAV4's and the like and found this sweet Vibe with only 34k miles and basically garage kept!! Needless to say, I wish I would have bought this car six years ago. We had snow and gusty winds the day after I bought it and it was great in the snow, I actually thought it was better going up the snowy hills than the 4x4 Ranger I drive for the company I work for. Anyway, happy to pop in this group to check out tid bits that I wish GM still made.
vibrologist

Re: Just bought '09 AWD Vibe

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to GenVibe!
Put about 200 lbs of sand in the back. We just learned by morwenna88 that it helps the AWD in snow. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Post pics when you get around to it. If this 09 Vibe is the base with the 1.8L engine them mechanically speaking, you pretty much have the same car! Glad to see you finally got what you REALLY wanted in the first place SIX years ago! Visit often
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Although our 2009 GTs do fine in the snow, I would love to drive an AWD in the snow some time just to experience it. I bet it would be amazing! Definitely post some pictures of your "new" AWD for us when you get a chance ;)!
tpollauf wrote:If this 09 Vibe is the base with the 1.8L engine them mechanically speaking, you pretty much have the same car!
Read the title of the thread Tim :P...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibenvy wrote:Welcome to GenVibe! Although our 2009 GTs do fine in the snow, I would love to drive an AWD in the snow some time just to experience it. I bet it would be amazing! Definitely post some pictures of your "new" AWD for us when you get a chance ;)!
tpollauf wrote:If this 09 Vibe is the base with the 1.8L engine them mechanically speaking, you pretty much have the same car!
Read the title of the thread Tim :P...
Dooooh :o Got me there Carrie. Time for a beer or two :lol:
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Welcome aboard!! My 2010 AWD has been great in the snow. Just recently I 'broke some trail' on a little used dirt road and we probably could've gone further but the snow became too deep and the Vibe basically bottomed out so we had to reverse for a bit before finding a spot to turn around. I'd like to say it was because my wife was driving, but she did pretty well ;)

JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig