new to this

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
my10vibe

new to this

Post by my10vibe »

Hello everyone, I just picked up a 2010 vibe. Its a base model but does have features such as 2.4L and 5 speed auto/man trans. only 37k miles on it. Pretty excited. I was wondering what some good sites are to pick up after market accessories and parts are? Ive been looking but dont see a whole lot. Im assuming i can use parts and mods for a Matrix as well. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks
Nasmfell

Re: new to this

Post by Nasmfell »

Hi Welcome.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Welcome! Not sure much on the 2nd Gen.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome and congrats on the new Vibe! Post up some pics when you can. We like pics for sure.

There is not a lot of aftermarket for the 09-10 Vibes, but the K&N CAI for the Matrix and xB does fit and there are a few exhaust systems - Magnaflow has one. A few people have used springs from the older Vibes on their 09-10 models to lower them. Look around on here and you can see what others have done.

Good luck!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
my10vibe

Post by my10vibe »

Thanks for the input guys. Ill post some pics soon. I live in the Detroit area and its pretty cold and nasty out. Car got filthy just driving it home. As soon as I get it cleaned up Ill take some pics. I saw the k&n cai and thats on my list. Ill look around for some ideas. If anyone happens to know where I can a new grill please let me know. Kinda looking for something different than billet. Thanks again
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Welcome aboard!! I've got a 2010 AWD, I don't have many mods so I can't help a whole lot, but I'm sure poking around here should net you something.

JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

my10vibe wrote: I live in the Detroit area and its pretty cold and nasty out.
Welcome to GenVibe, from a fellow neighbor just an hour south of you :D YEah, it may be a while before nice weather returns and you can get some good clean pics! We'll be patient :lol:
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! As far as mods go, as others said, K&N makes a short ram intake that's awesome (K&N #69-8613TS)! I've had one installed on my 2009 GT since July of 2009 without any issues. I use an AEM Brute Force Dryflow air filter (#21-203BF) and an AEM air filter wrap (#1-4000) with it. I also have the Magnaflow catback exhaust system. It sounds great. It's loud, but not obnoxiously loud. The fit of it was great and I couldn't be happier with it. The only problem is that Magnaflow only makes a direct fit system for the 2009-2010 AWD and GT, not the 1.8L or 2.4L Bases. You should be able to get a custom setup put together by a local exhaust shop for a decent price though. If you decide to buy any Magnaflow products, check out Hott Exhaust. They have great prices and offer free shipping. Be sure to click on the "Get Coupons" link on their homepage, tell them what product/s you're interested in and they will send you a code to use to save even more money.

You can also use the 2009-2014 Matrix TRD front strut tower brace, lowering springs and rear anti-sway bar on your 2010 Base. Check out TRD Sparks for great prices on these parts. Be sure to keep us updated on any mods you perform and post some pictures when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage