2009 GT 18" Alloy Center Cap Part #

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
gjswaff

2009 GT 18" Alloy Center Cap Part #

Post by gjswaff »

Does anyone know the OEM part number for the center cap for the 209" Vibe GT 18" alloy wheels. One of mine disappeared the other day. E-bay has several, but some are for the Torrent, Solstice, G6, G8, and others. Are they all the same?
vibenvy

Re: 2009 GT 18" Alloy Center Cap Part #

Post by vibenvy »

Chances are your Vibe is one of the many that have / had defective center caps that are / were prone to falling out. There was actually a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) issued for this very problem. The part number for the revised center cap is: #20835338. According to GMPartsCenter.net, the 2009-2010 Vibe and 2007-2008 G5 share this same center cap. I entered the part number on eBay and there are a few that come up. As you can see, the prices on eBay are actually pretty comparable with GMPartsCenter.net and GM MSRP (dealer price).

I would highly recommend popping the other three center caps out and applying some clear RTV silicone to the edges of them before they fall out too. The center caps on both our 2009 Vibe GTs were siliconed before we took posession of them (new) and they have not budged. I have removed them a couple times for various reasons (re-balancing of tires, etc.) and I simply apply some new silicone and pop them back into place. When dry, the silicone turns rubbery so it won't harm the wheels or anything and is easily removed if need be.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage