hi everybody!!!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
jschorr

hi everybody!!!

Post by jschorr »

hello,
i am the confused new owner of a 2003 vibe gt with 141k . it's red and funny looking and goes voom, not voom voom, just voom. throwing a p1693 code at me right now. i have been wanting a vvtl-i since i learned about them through my research on my last car (87 supra).

so far i like the the motor, even with the problems that i will be starting a thread about in another section, think it shifts like a old tractor, and find the handling surprisingly good. the features are great, esp the cup holders. my first car with cup holders in years.

i bought it in ohio but it lived it's life in my home town of pittsburgh. weird to drive 2 hours to buy a car that used to be right down the road from me.

i have been building cars and bikes since i was 13, 25 years....dam im old, and get a chubby when i think of toyota motors.

well good meeting you all, thanks for letting me pick your minds.

:D
Mark

Re: hi everybody!!!

Post by Mark »

Hi and welcome to GenVibe!

I grew up in Butler, so we were practically neighbors.

Before I found my 04 base I test drove an 03 GT, but I quickly realized that I would be defeating the purpose of buying a small car in the first place. No way could I keep my right foot from having fun in that sucker. Have fun!
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
jschorr

Post by jschorr »

your not kidding there!!!

i am keeping it below 6000 because of the ce light. when i made that decision i thought no problem, why would i run above 6000?

but here it is after 2 days driving i think 3000 as almost idle and cruise at around 4000.

we'll see how this goes with mpg.....last car was getting an average of 15 so anything will be better
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe! I'm just four hours west of you. You'll enjoy this versatile little car. Price $$$ for it? Also post pics soon. We love pics around here!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jschorr

Post by jschorr »

i got it for a song and a bj

only 3k out the door.

i am a bit worried because he was selling it for about 1000 less than the base vibes go for around here. time will tell.

as for pics, that will come this weekend. i work to much, or the sun isnt out long enough, not sure wich

edit*
nice collection in your sig.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to the forum, jschorr!
I like to follow projects like yours. The GenVibe Garage (viewforum.php?f=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) would be the right place to share and document your Vibe's story. I am looking forward to pictures and updates. Have fun!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Definitely post pictures of your "new" Vibe when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Check your rocker shafts and make sure both have caps on them.
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showpos ... stcount=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit