New GenVibe Member

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Bonezee

New GenVibe Member

Post by Bonezee »

Hello everyone,
I purchased a 2010 Pontiac Vibe the other day, I came across GenVibe while searching for info on my new vehicle. It seems like a great place to show accomplishments and help each other problem solve issues. So I was researching for a new vehicle and I decided on a Vibe due to it's history of reliability. I started searching for something clean with low mileage and with the 1.8l, they seemed less problematic. I ended up closing a deal on the 29th for a 2010 with 55k kms 1.8l auto trans, very clean low rust, red with dark tinted windows, I'm still getting use to them. It has remote start as well, I was pleasantly surprised. It's aftermarket but seems to work well.

So, the minute I bought my new ride my friend at work started searching online for some cool alloys for it. He found the perfect rims, today I picked up a set of gold 18" Rota Subzero's with 225/40/18 rubber and chrome spline drives all for $450. I'm also looking for a sheet of carbon fiber vinyl wrap to detail the interior. It's going to be one sexy machine when I'm done, I can hardly wait. I'll be hittin' the golf course in style this year!
vibenvy

Re: New GenVibe Member

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! It sounds like you're already well on your way to having a very unique looking Vibe! Please post some pictures of it when you get a chance. We love pictures around here :D!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Hi. Welcome.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to the forum, bonezee!

Oh, yes, pictures would be nice. That looks like a great start into the new year!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Bonezee

Post by Bonezee »

Ok, it was a little chilly out today. This Sunday it will warm up enough I will put the fancy rims on for a photo shoot and a test drive.
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! Sounds like you got a nice car there, in one of the best colors too! I still miss my red 2010 GT. Several members on here with base 09-10 Vibes have added the GT spoiler, and it adds a nice sporty touch. Can't wait to see the pics.

Good luck on it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
Bonezee

Post by Bonezee »

Well we got hit with some nasty weather this weekend and I didn't get around to putting the fancy rims on for a photo shoot or test drive. The car handles nice on the icy roads, those original Goodyears are better than people are letting on here. I am Canadian though and have lots of experience driving through the worst of conditions. So here's some pics I took of "The Great Gazoo", that's what I named er, with the two antenna's on top it reminded me of the little alien dude on the Flinstones. I took these pics at the dealership and when I bought my rims.
Attachments
IMAG0729b.jpg
IMAG0729b.jpg (187.44 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
IMAG0726b.jpg
IMAG0726b.jpg (194.72 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
IMAG0725b.jpg
IMAG0725b.jpg (188.27 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for posting some pictures! The tinted windows look really good against the Red Hot Metallic paint! I can't wait to see pictures with the wheels installed...
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. FYI ... you got the best color too!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Bonezee

Post by Bonezee »

I know Vibenvy, this weather is killing me! To much snow and ice here now, when it warms up I will get some new rubber for the Rotas, debadge her, take er in for a Krowning, carbon fiber all silver plastic in the interior and put in some sound proofing, a little less road noise would be nice.
Thanks everyone, when I take more pictures I will post them.
triz

Post by triz »

Welcome to the forum! Nice vehicle and great color.
http://lubedealer.com/mr2ner/home.aspx Please use ZO#5172967
Member discounts when you sign up as Preffered Customer. New Amsoil Customers only
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Bonezee wrote:I know Vibenvy, this weather is killing me! To much snow and ice here now, when it warms up I will get some new rubber for the Rotas, debadge her, take er in for a Krowning, carbon fiber all silver plastic in the interior and put in some sound proofing, a little less road noise would be nice.
Thanks everyone, when I take more pictures I will post them.
I hear ya about the weather. Our Vibes are covered in salt and look horrible. I want to wash them so bad but the weather is not cooperating :cry:.

It sounds like you've got some great mods planned! I definitely look forward to seeing more pictures from you and your Vibe ;)!