My 03 Vibe GT with winter tires and plastidip painted rims

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
JimmyDarmody

My 03 Vibe GT with winter tires and plastidip painted rims

Post by JimmyDarmody »

Hello everyone,

I was working on my Vibe this weekend. Getting ready for winter. It is funny because when I bought the car, the previous owner included a set of rims for the winter tires. These rims had multiple scratches and when I tried them first time, with the old rotors and rusty caliper didn't look very well. I decided to use the factory rims for a while. Recently I changed the front rotors and decided to paint the calipers with silver color. I thought... maybe the extra rims will look nicer now. So I went online and bought plastidip (black+pearl) and decided to paint the rims as well. Here is the result! I am quite happy with the new looks and vibe got some compliment today when I parked on the street!

Sonders

Re: My 03 Vibe GT with winter tires and plastidip painted ri

Post by Sonders »

Looks real good. Do you by chance have any more pics with a little better lighting? I'm curious how that color looks. I may be interested in painting my stock wheels this color.
2003 Vibe base/moon&tune work commuter
JimmyDarmody

Post by JimmyDarmody »

Sure! Here in BC is quite gray weather these days but as soon as there is a sunny day, I will take some bright pics :)
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Nice you have winter tires. Got my 03 GT stuck today trying to turn around in a driveway. Was going back to get the AWD Trix because the roads weren't plowed.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

A good set of snow tires on the Vibe makes it a great snow mobile. Alloys for the snow tires look good. I use the steelies with a set of 16 inch Matrix caps on em for the Winter tires. Definitely not as nice looking as those alloys.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires