Unintended Acceleration?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
bikejon

Unintended Acceleration?

Post by bikejon »

Has anyone experienced, or has heard of affecting the Vibe, the unintended acceleration that occurred in Toyotas? I just received a check ($29) for the settlement in the class action lawsuit.
I haven't experienced this in either my '03 base Vibe or my '09 GT.
ParknVibe

Re: Unintended Acceleration?

Post by ParknVibe »

How did you get involved with a Class Action lawsuit? .....I do not recall anyone offering me a Class Action. ...And I have 2009 Vibe. I did have the recall done to replace the accelerator pedal.
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Got the same $29 check, but it was for an '05 Highlander. Maybe you owned a Toyota in the past?

Check the fine print before you cash it- you're signing your rights away. I threw mine out...

Besides, my '05 Vibe AWD has a throttle cable and only accelerates when I push the pedal. ;)
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
bikejon

Post by bikejon »

I *think* I got involved when I signed a notice I got in the mail, agreeing to be part of the lawsuit. I didn't think it would ever amount to anything.
I guess it amounted to $29 for me!

Yes, the check says by cashing I agree to section VI of the agreement whereinforth I release Toyota, their dealers, suppliers, second cousins, etc etc from any and all claims now and forever more.

I haven't had trouble with my base '03 or my '09 GT. I was wondering if anyone else has had this trouble.
bikejon

Post by bikejon »

What's weird is I never got a recall notice on my 09. I only got one to replace a seat belt part on my 03.
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

bikejon wrote:What's weird is I never got a recall notice on my 09. I only got one to replace a seat belt part on my 03.
Did you buy the 2009 VIbe ..brand new from a dealer?.....or Used?.....You can go to a dealer (Buick) to check if yours has Recall notices pending.....
There are new recalls as well in the past few years...for the Window power switch and now about the wire harness to the air bag system in the steering wheel.

Perhaps the dealer did the recall before you took ownership.
bikejon

Post by bikejon »

Used in 2012 from a GM dealer, so he *probably* did any recalls prior to March 2012.

I guess I can check with them about any subsequent recalls, but I would think they would have let me know of any new ones.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I used to think the stories of floormats getting on the gas pedal and causing the problems were a load of hokey until I saw my first quadruple-stacked driver's side mats set in a customer car. I think our only related recall was for the PCM solder crack issue from 2003 to 2008. Other Toyotas had a recall for the pedal to have the bottom cut off to keep it away from quadruplematting.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit