New Vibe Owner

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
cwl5005

New Vibe Owner

Post by cwl5005 »

Welcome everyone. I just joined this forum and it is providing alot of good info.

I just got bought a 2004 Vibe base to replace my old saturn this past Saturday. So far I am really happy with it. I haven't had time to take any pictures of it but here is one of the ones the dealer took.
Attachments
5Y2SL62854Z435832-3s (Small).jpg
5Y2SL62854Z435832-3s (Small).jpg (91.02 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
Chiadog

Re: New Vibe Owner

Post by Chiadog »

Welcome to the group cwl! Very clean looking Vibe you got there, congratulations. I also went from a Saturn to a (2005) Vibe,lol, Wise Move!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D Fusion Orange is definitely one of the best colors that the Vibe came in. Update profile so we know where you are from. Looking forward to pics of this Vibe in YOUR driveway along with other interesting plans that you might have for it.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome tot he forum cwl5005!
indeed, fusion orange is a striking color. Nice!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Thanks for posting a picture right away ;)! That's a gorgeous Fusion Vibe you've got there and as others have already said, Fusion is a pretty rare color for the Vibes.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
cwl5005

Post by cwl5005 »

Here are some pictures and there will be more to come. The other car is my wife's 13 Chevy Sonic.
Attachments
Vibe 3.jpg
Vibe 3.jpg (175.39 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
Vibe 2.jpg
Vibe 2.jpg (156.98 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
Vibe 1.jpg
Vibe 1.jpg (168.84 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for posting more pictures! Definitely a beautiful Fusion Vibe :cool:! Is the Sonic orange too or is it red (looks like it could be either or in the pictures)?
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! I agree too, that is a very nice looking Fusion you got there!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
cwl5005

Post by cwl5005 »

Thank you all very much for the comments. Yes the Sonic is orange but it does look red next to mine.

My future plans are to order the genvibe.com decals for it. I am thinking either on the side roof rack rails or the bottom right corner or the rear glass. Also to get the badge overlays from http://www.grafxwerks.com/shop.php?part=VIBA1 to cover my very faded badges. I would just debadge the car but I am afraid since the car now ten years old the paint faded around them and it would be very noticeable. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

I also plan on replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket stereo because the cd player doesn't work, the radio works though. I guess I should have tried the cd player before I bought it but o well.
triz

Post by triz »

Welcome to GenVibe! Nice color too. Try contacting the dealer, they may replace the radio with an aftermarket unit. Most dealers try and keep a customer happy. It doesn't hurt to ask. Just say hey I never had a chance to try the CD player and noticed it doesn't work anything you can do?
http://lubedealer.com/mr2ner/home.aspx Please use ZO#5172967
Member discounts when you sign up as Preffered Customer. New Amsoil Customers only
LavaIlliniVibe

Post by LavaIlliniVibe »

What a little pumpkin!!!! You will love your Vibe!!!! Welcome from a fellow 2004 owner!!!!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

cwl5005 wrote:Thank you all very much for the comments. Yes the Sonic is orange but it does look red next to mine.

My future plans are to order the genvibe.com decals for it. I am thinking either on the side roof rack rails or the bottom right corner or the rear glass. Also to get the badge overlays from http://www.grafxwerks.com/shop.php?part=VIBA1 to cover my very faded badges. I would just debadge the car but I am afraid since the car now ten years old the paint faded around them and it would be very noticeable. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
I kind of had a feeling the Sonic was orange. I've seen one around my area that's the same color. It's a very interesting color, much like Fusion :cool:.

IMO you definitely can't go wrong with anything from Grafx Werks. Ryan makes great products and his customer service is excellent. I recommend putting the GV decal on the lower right corner of the hatch glass :D! And you're probably right about de-badging your 10 year old Vibe. I'd probably err on the side of caution and just get overlays for the badges too. Be sure to post pictures when you receive and install your Grafx Werks goodies ;)!