2004 VIbe GT Value

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
WhgVibe

2004 VIbe GT Value

Post by WhgVibe »

Ok guys and gals. I've been watching a 2004 Vibe GT, 99K miles, Lava Red, with Sunroof for about 2 1/2 years now. ( I owe a 2010 1.8 base) Its on a used car lot that quite frankly rarely sells a car( their main business is car repair). Most of the cars on the lot are beat up and junky so I think the Vibe goes unnoticed. Anyway, I've been thinking of buying this car for a while and when I looked up the "value" of the car on Edmunds it's at $5600 and on NADA its $7400. WTH? Now one of those have to be off ! Opinions on the pricing from you guys would be appreciated. Ive considered offering $4K to see if he will bite......after all he's been sitting on it for a while. Of course Im not buying it until I get it looked over by a qualified mechanic and a body shop owner who's a friend of mine even tho to my untrained eye it looks real clean...... So what do you guys think? Price? Things to look out for?
vibrologist

Re: 2004 VIbe GT Value

Post by vibrologist »

NADA is typically high and makes it easier for dealers to quote a high price.
KBB the same thing, but not quite as high as NADA.
TMV by Edmund's seems a bit low to me, but not a whole lot to low.

I was happy to achieve a price between TMV and KBB. I don't even look at NADA.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
trb

Re: 2004 VIbe GT Value

Post by trb »

I'm happy to use NADA when I'm getting a loan at my credit union, as that is what they use to make loans off of. Never had to put a penny down on any used car unless I wanted to.

$4K would be a steal if they agreed and it checks out. I got my 03 GT with over twice as many miles on it for $2,900, and I thought that was a good deal. I've seen a few others locally with say 140K miles on them asking in the $4,500-$5,500 range for sale by private parties. I'd start at $4K, and IMO anything under $5,000 would be good to reasonable.

Good luck!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car