Bought A Soul !

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
WhgVibe

Bought A Soul !

Post by WhgVibe »

Relax I still have my Vibe !! The 2010 Soul is for my daughter. Seems like a nice little car with lots of room. Ill let you guys and gals know how it does. I wanted to get her a Vibe but she's only 5 Ft tall and hates driving mine because of the visibility issues. Anyone out there have any experience with a Soul?
runningslow

Re: Bought A Soul !

Post by runningslow »

I know someone who is on her second Soul... after she totaled the first one... within weeks of buying it. She seems to like it.

Apart from that, I have no experience.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

My sole experience with a Soul was a test drive about 3 years ago and I did not like it. The engine was droning and gutless, the ride even harsher than the Vibe. I understand that he 2015 Soul is much improved.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Um, I'm 4'10" and don't have visibility issues in mine. Is your driver's seat not adjustable?
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
sat73

Post by sat73 »

My Wife just bought a 2014 Soul. It's a different animal from your 2010, so I can't offer much of an opinion on yours.

However, I can't get over how physically HUGE the Soul is compared to our Vibe, yet, it doesn't have near the hauling ability of the Vibe. Some of it is due to its stubbiness, a lot of it is due to how when the back seat is folded, it doesn't make a flat floor, and the passenger seat doesn't fold forward like on the Vibe.

Driving position is MUCH better for me in the Soul than the Vibe almost entirely due to the Soul having tilt and tele steering column. Visibility, especially rearward, is much better in the Vibe.

Her Soul is a step up from base, has the larger engine and alloys. Doesn't have the premium stereo system, sunroof, etc, etc.

For how much bigger the Soul is, surprisingly its been getting identical mileage to the Vibe.
John

2005 Vibe 182K miles and climbing