Hello Folks

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
jcwit

Hello Folks

Post by jcwit »

Just purchased a used 2005 base Vibe. We've owned it for about a week and have driven it not quite a thousand miles. Car looks as if it was new inside and out, even the undercarriage looks new which is really something here in Northern Indiana. I've had the windows tinted which really set it off IMO. Going to have it rustproofed with Rust Check before fall for the winter, I've done this with other vehicles and it really helps prevent rust and stops further rust problems.

So far I like the Vibe very much and my avg. gas mileage comes out to 35 MPG, course I haven't had many fill-ups yet.
tpollauf

Re: Hello Folks

Post by tpollauf »

jcwit wrote:J Going to have it rustproofed with Rust Check before fall for the winter
Welcome to GenVibe :D Good idea to further protect the underside of your Vibe. Post some pics of this Vibe to share with others here. Visit often ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Since you're in Northern IN, you should consider coming to the GenVibe Meet we're having in Pontiac, IL on Saturday, July 19th. Click the link in my signature for more information. Definitely post some pictures of your "new" Vibe when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

hey welcome.

another vibe owner from the midwest. woohoo!

post pics when you can
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to the forum jcwit!
I bought one of these recently myself. You beat me on average fuel economy. you must be doing long distances.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
jcwit

Post by jcwit »

Neh, I'm old, drive slow. LOL

Actually we shall see what the avg. is with more fill-ups.

Posting Pics? Gonna have to get the grandkids to instruct me how. One of the bad things about being old and out of touch with all this new fangled stuff.

Course I guess I could hang them on my wall like the old lady in the commercials.
Derf

Post by Derf »

Welcome... What tinting did you use?

If classic if more your way, they are having an Edsel meet up at the same time as the Vibe get together. 410 ci flat head Fords' roaming the streets with 4 cylinder Vibes, it will be fantastic.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

jcwit wrote: Posting Pics? Gonna have to get the grandkids to instruct me how. One of the bad things about being old and out of touch with all this new fangled stuff. Course I guess I could hang them on my wall like the old lady in the commercials.
THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS! :lol:
Welcome to the group! How many miles does your new Vibe have on it?
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

jcwit wrote:Neh, I'm old, drive slow. LOL

Actually we shall see what the avg. is with more fill-ups.

Posting Pics? Gonna have to get the grandkids to instruct me how. One of the bad things about being old and out of touch with all this new fangled stuff.

Course I guess I could hang them on my wall like the old lady in the commercials.

I am no spring chicken either!

Grand kids.....I knew a man who said: "Grand kids? I think I have to make my own!" Because none of his sons had kids.

Let the grand kids show you how to post pictures, they will get a kick out of this.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

jcwit

Post by jcwit »

Derf wrote:Welcome... What tinting did you use?

If classic if more your way, they are having an Edsel meet up at the same time as the Vibe get together. 410 ci flat head Fords' roaming the streets with 4 cylinder Vibes, it will be fantastic.
I had a Tint Shop in Indianapolis do it. I've used them for years, their folks are from up North here in my home town. Brand of the tint? No idea! I do know I went with 20%, Indiana says 35% but you can get away with 20%.
jcwit

Post by jcwit »

Chiadog wrote:
jcwit wrote: Posting Pics? Gonna have to get the grandkids to instruct me how. One of the bad things about being old and out of touch with all this new fangled stuff. Course I guess I could hang them on my wall like the old lady in the commercials.
THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS! :lol:
Welcome to the group! How many miles does your new Vibe have on it?
Just at 100 grand, but it looks brand new, and engine compartment looks the same, engine runs super.

Just broken in????????????
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

jcwit wrote: Just at 100 grand, but it looks brand new, and engine compartment looks the same, engine runs super.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!
Synthetic engine oil and transmission fluid might be a good idea.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Yes, just broken in. I feel the same way. I bought mine with about 90K. Leading up to that i test drove a Matrix with 200K+ miles. Even that one felt nice an tight. I think it is a good way to get a sense on how an car might age. I expect our cars to age very, very gracefully.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

jcwit

Post by jcwit »

Chiadog wrote:
jcwit wrote: Just at 100 grand, but it looks brand new, and engine compartment looks the same, engine runs super.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!
Synthetic engine oil and transmission fluid might be a good idea.
Right, for years I've only used 2 different oils. Mobil 1 and Pennzoil Plus, both synthetic of course. Filters I use are Fram Tough Guard.
JimmyDarmody

Post by JimmyDarmody »

Hello jcwit,

welcome to the forum!
My Vibe (GT) has 100 k miles and is running so nicely. The more I drive this car, the more I like it. At first I was a bit unsure with the manual transmission but now I wouldn't change it for anything.
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Hello. Welcome to Genvibe.