Vibe struts vs matrix struts

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
phillydoe22

Vibe struts vs matrix struts

Post by phillydoe22 »

Are these struts interchangeable? Can I order matrix struts to directly fit on the vibe??? Help!
lannvouivre

Re: Vibe struts vs matrix struts

Post by lannvouivre »

Yes. 03-08 FWD Matrix and Vibe struts are the same, ditto for the AWD models for that year. For the second generation models, I'm not really sure which trim levels have independent rear suspension. As long as it's the same trim level and you only match FWD to FWD and AWD to AWD on the second gens, you're fine.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vibenvy

Re: Vibe struts vs matrix struts

Post by vibenvy »

lannvouivre wrote:For the second generation models, I'm not really sure which trim levels have independent rear suspension. As long as it's the same trim level and you only match FWD to FWD and AWD to AWD on the second gens, you're fine.
Yep. The 2009-2010 Vibe AWD and GT (Matrix AWD and XRS) have Independent Rear Suspension, while the 1.8L & 2.4L Bases do not, so they will have different rear struts depending on which model it is. The front struts should all be the same.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage