We are Vibe Hogs!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
JerBear

We are Vibe Hogs!

Post by JerBear »

Well, two was just not enough! Our family officially became a three Vibe family today with a Sweet little 04 Silver Base Model. A whisker over 100K and it really rides like new. A one owner car bought new at the dealer we bought it from and traded it for a new Ford Escape. I bet they already regret getting rid of it but I'm happy they did. My youngest needed reliable wheels and with the help I get from this board it is easy to work on too. We now have an 04,07,09. I'm really sorry Toyota/Pontiac stopped selling this car. :roll: It sure works well for this family.
KITT222

Re: We are Vibe Hogs!

Post by KITT222 »

Quite the Vibe family! Any chance you have a family photo of them all?
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Awesome! You absolutely must post a family photo!

I'm still trying to convince my dad his next vehicle needs to be a 2009-2010 Navy Blue Metallic Vibe GT, then we too would be a 3 Vibe family :D!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

JerBear wrote:Well, two was just not enough! Our family officially became a three Vibe family today with a Sweet little 04 Silver Base Model. A whisker over 100K and it really rides like new. A one owner car bought new at the dealer we bought it from and traded it for a new Ford Escape. I bet they already regret getting rid of it but I'm happy they did. My youngest needed reliable wheels and with the help I get from this board it is easy to work on too. We now have an 04,07,09. I'm really sorry Toyota/Pontiac stopped selling this car. :roll: It sure works well for this family.

Good for you. Toyota is probably not. They were more than happy their partnership with GM is over.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

KITT222 wrote:Quite the Vibe family! Any chance you have a family photo of them all?
YES ................ you absolutely MUST post a photo of your fleet. There is one other family here @ GenVibe that has three Vibes also and they took a nice photo of them in front of their house. Awesome news and a smart automotive decision. Make this "new fleet photo" as your signature photo. We'll be waiting ..............................................
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
kc6yot

Post by kc6yot »

You mean this picture? By the way I am looking for another Vibe to replace the youngest daughter's 1999 Toyota Corolla. Either a older one for her or a newer one for the wife and we play musical cars and pass them around again.
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

kc6yot wrote:You mean this picture? By the way I am looking for another Vibe to replace the youngest daughter's 1999 Toyota Corolla. Either a older one for her or a newer one for the wife and we play musical cars and pass them around again.

You'd be better off with a Mazda3, your daughter will thank you for it.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Nasmfell wrote:You'd be better off with a Mazda3, your daughter will thank you for it.
Seriously, why are you even here?
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

lannvouivre wrote:
Nasmfell wrote:You'd be better off with a Mazda3, your daughter will thank you for it.
I agree. You make it blatantly obvious that you despise the Vibe at least a couple time a week.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibenvy wrote:
lannvouivre wrote:
I agree. You make it blatantly obvious that you despise the Vibe at least a couple time a week.
OK .. Glad I was not the first to point this out. Pessimistic viewpoints are NOT welcomed here. This friendly forum is here for all of us to keep our Vibes on the road and repair them the best possible way. Try to maintain a positive attitude when voicing your opinions BUT that likely is not in your cards :roll:

Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

lannvouivre wrote:
Same reason(s) you are.
Last edited by Nasmfell on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

vibenvy wrote:
lannvouivre wrote:

Don't hate the Vibe at all, It's more Toyota than GM, which makes it likeable.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

What's that rule? If you don't have anything nice to say...

To the OP, I wish I would have gone with the 2004 AWD Vibe instead of the 2012 Impala (new). Don't get me wrong, the Impala is a great car, I just prefer the versatility of the Vibe over what we settled for. Just don't become the Jay Leno of the Vibe world. LOL Ok, you can.
kc6yot

Post by kc6yot »

I am very happy with the Vibes I have, when I buy oil only need one type, when I buy filters they are all the same. Plugs seem to last 80,000 to 100,000 miles. The few little things I have had to fix I found the answers here and did it myself saving even more big bucks. There is still a perception that because it says Pontiac instead of Toyota even in the used car market I can buy a Vibe for about $2,000.00 lower for the same year Matrix. No rubber timing belt to fail and drive the valves into the pistons, nope keep your Mazda.
eskimos44

Post by eskimos44 »

Nice collection... I just bought mine 2 weeks ago, and now there is an 04 AWD just down the road from me... Has 124k miles and they're asking $6995 for it... I'm really tempted to pick it up...
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I have 3 Toyotas with 3 different badges, Lexus RX330, Matrix and Vibe. All my kids have hondas
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

We had 2 Vibes in the family, and didn't get to 3, although my wife's Prius has the 1.8L engine. So at least somewhat related, right?

Speaking of 3, the Mazda 3 is a great car, but doesn't offer the MPG abilities that a Vibe does, especially a Vibe with a manual transmission and that nice little 1.8L engine. The Vibe's interior cargo space is also more usable when compared to the Mazda 3. I'm way happier with a Vibe!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
JerBear

Post by JerBear »

Here are the original post's pics. Sorry it took so long! From left to right an 09GT 04 Base 07 Base I love all of them!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Very Nice fleet you got there ;) One of each model style! Your neighbors must be jealous (or SHOULD be if they're not) Thanks for sharing!

vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Nice indeed! Is one of them your favorite?
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
JerBear

Post by JerBear »

Well I drive the 09 Gt every day, it has the most punch with the 5 speed (auto) and the 2.4 but I prefer the ride of the 04. It is not a "busy" ride like the GT. I'm pretty cheap but wish I could buy the 16" rims to get a bit softer ride. It corners like a go-cart and is the most fun but not the one I pick for a longer ride. I prefer the styling of the 04 with the hood creases and the lip over the grill. These cars are soooo easy to work on. I really don't usually have more than one vehicle of the same type but these cars won me over. A very good combination of utility and low purchase/operation costs. I could switch cars with my son but he would probably get LEO's involved with the GT.
LavaIlliniVibe

Post by LavaIlliniVibe »

What a sweet family fleet! Thanks for posting!!!! By the way, a close friend had a Mazda 3 and had way more problems than I have had with my Vibe (I have had NONE). He traded in his Mazda for a Honda Civic--they wanted a new car and that's unfortunately not possible with the Vibe any more.

Besides, the Mazda 3 had that RIDICULOUS "smiley face" front for years in there recently(his was an '05 that didn't have it), thank goodness they got a redesign!!! I talked to Mazda about it at the Chicago Auto Show and they admitted--the "smile" was something "either people loved or hated". His words, not mine! Obviously the "haters" won with the redesign! lol Just sayin'! ;)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

As I said in your "Posting Pictures" thread, that's a mighty fine looking Vibe fleet you've got there :cool:!

It's great to hear that you enjoy them so much. We have 2 2009 Vibe GTs in my family (mine and my mom's; pictured in my signature below) and we love them dearly. It's always great to hear about other Vibe owners who love their Vibes as much as we do!