Mounts! Mounts! OEM vs Aftermkt? Can Matrix mounts fit Vibe?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
pointbob

Mounts! Mounts! OEM vs Aftermkt? Can Matrix mounts fit Vibe?

Post by pointbob »

I won't bore you all with too much details but basically I had the 2 front mounts on my Vibe replaced; but vibrations/noise in cabin got WORSE. Mechanic (who I found out was super not qualified) could not figure it out. 2 mechanics later and the working theory is that defective aftermkt mounts were put in or after market mounts use "too hard" rubber and just "suck" compared to oem mounts.

So now I'm shopping online for mounts. I can get all 4 mounts (after market) for about $100. New. OEM mounts - different story. Just the top front mount is about $280. The other mounts about $75-$100.

Oh and get this ~ a top front mount OEM for a toyota matrix is only $100!! what the heck?

So my questions to you folks - some advice please:

1) Can the Matrix mount be swapped in for the Vibe mount??
2) Did I just get unlucky with after market mounts and they are really not so bad? ~ they are "specced" to be the same as OEM.
3) Would getting "used" OEM mounts a good solution? Price wise it maybe around $200 ~ still half of new OEM.

Thanks!