Sun Visors

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Nniuq1979

Sun Visors

Post by Nniuq1979 »

I saw some posts from a few years ago about people complaining about the generation 2 Vibes sun visors. I have not had my car a long time, but this has been the only real irritation that I have had with the car since I got it; the sun cannot be blocked out of the side window 90% of the time. I am curious if anyone has found a solution? Or if anyone knows whether or not the gen 1 visors will fit in a gen 2. Thanks!
Chartman4444

Re: Sun Visors

Post by Chartman4444 »

Now that the sun is finally out this spring . . . I'm thinking that the Gen 1 Vibe's sun visor doesn't do a very good job of blocking out the sun (from the side) either. Maybe a longer/wider sun visor from a larger Toyota model (car or truck) would do the trick - I'm sure my wife won't mind donating the sun visor from her ES 350 . . . . .
2005 Vibe Base
DC Sports header with Magnaflow Exhaust
6-Speed Trans with LSD
Stainless Steel Brakes (4 Wheel Disc)
18" Konig rims
Tein Springs
trb

Post by trb »

I looked at the visors from my son's 06 and even took one out to see if it would work in my 2010, and they have very different mounting points. I think the clip part is in a different location also. I've thought about going to my pick a part yard with measurements or a cardboard replica and see if anything will fit that has a sliding visor like the earlier models, but just haven't had a chance to do it yet.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
bull77

Post by bull77 »