Just got my vibe!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
alexx414

Just got my vibe!

Post by alexx414 »

Hey all,
im new to pontiac/toyota and the vibe.
i just aquired the car through private sale, word of mouth for 1k!
its a complete blue (no grey) 2004, loaded, with rims not hub caps like i see other models.
it has 227k miles on it.
check engine light is on, also the passenger side front i think needs a strut, its HORRIBLE hitting bumps, like im afraid the windshield will crack it hits so hard, besides that it runs great. and im very happy with it and think i got a amazing deal, the car is in GREAT condition, people almost gag when i tell them how much i paid,

well i look forward to being a active member here, im 28, located in milwaukee wi.
thebarber

Re: Just got my vibe!

Post by thebarber »

welcome to the boards

if you need new struts, garm/jeff at microimageonline.com can get tokico blues for 380usd shipped in the lower 48.

im hoping to nab some this spring, but im just holding off for nicer weather

id get that CEL checked out...
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Welcome to GenVibe! Post pics of this seemingly rough Vibe. FanTASTIC deal there. But just an FYI, Vibe odometers like to stop at 299,999. No idea why, they just do. Good way to see if struts are bad is to push down on the car's nose somehow to get it bouncing, and when you let go if the car simply rebounds, the struts are good. If it bounces, like a spring, than the struts need to be replaced.
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Hi

Welcome. Good for you

It's a good deal for the next 72,000 miles, until as mentioned the ODO stops at 299,999
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. A "cheesehead" Eh! I got relatives in Madison and head through your town when visiting them. Anyways YEAH that's a steal! If one of those shady run corner stealerships got a hold of this Vibe, I'm sure they would have tried to sell it for $4-$5K so you did well here. Look forward to pics of this affordable new ride of yours. Again .................... WELCOME :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! It definitely sounds like you got a killer deal on your Vibe! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of it.

Since you're not too far away, you should consider bringing the Vibe to Pontiac, Illinois in June for our meet we're having (click the link in my signature) ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

alexx414 wrote:Hey all,
im new to pontiac/toyota and the vibe.
i just aquired the car for 1k!
Drive it like you stole it.... because YOU STOLE IT !!!!! Congratulations and welcome. :lol:
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Whether he "stole it" is yet to be determined by what repair issues will crop up in the relatively near future. But for $1m can't go too far wrong. Junk value is probably $300+.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
alexx414

Post by alexx414 »

ill post pics soon, when you see it you cant believe that i only paid 1k, its so clean outside it still looks new, same with inside.

im coming from a 2001 olds aurora for 7 years, trust me when i say with whatever repairs come up ill be ready for them.

so far i put in some new plugs, NGKs, i drained the almost black trans fluid and filled it back with toyota t-iv, and thats about it,
oh i also added some dex cool,
issues so far are a 1st gear problem (easily still driveable), heat sucks, stays cold unless driving the car,radio screen is out and like i said before needs a strut.

other then that its a great little car, it came from a private owner, who owns a driving school, she bought it new, its loaded up, sunroon, monsoon, power everything, real rims no hub caps, etc

doesnt leak anything, its amazing on gas compared to my v8.

i just cant believe i paid what i paid for it seeing that its really a toyota.
ill get pics soon enough, the car is beyond clean inside and out, you gotta see it to believe it, everyone things its at 100k.

car already has 230,400 miles on it since i got it. :D
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

alexx414 wrote:oh i also added some dex cool,
Drain the DexCool and put Toyota pink/red (can't remember which one for the 1st gens) coolant in it.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage