Looking to buy 09 GT - Good Deal?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
gmgaga

Looking to buy 09 GT - Good Deal?

Post by gmgaga »

Hello Everyone. I am new here. The Vibe is on my short list for a new to me vehicle replacement for my Diesel Truck. I found a nice 1 owner 2009 dark blue GT with monsoon sound system, moonroof and 5spd manual. He said he would let it go for $9800. That seems very reasonable when looking at edmonds, KBB and NADA guides. I am wondering what the experts here have to add.

Thanks in advance.
Nasmfell

Re: Looking to buy 09 GT - Good Deal?

Post by Nasmfell »

Hi Welcome

Could be, depending on any mechanical issues.
gmgaga

Post by gmgaga »

Sorry I forgot milage. 62000mi. No issues.
kingcaff

Post by kingcaff »

Its a fair deal considering the miles; if everything checks out with the mechanics it could be a very dependable car. It is not a steal though unfortunately. Ask the person selling if he is willing to drop price a bit at least a couple hundred, considering it is a six year old car. The GT is a sweet looking ride and in my opinion handles and drives a lot better than the 1.8L Vibe base engine. It feels more connected to the ground and very stable. But overall it seems/sounds/appppears like a very fair deal.
2009 VIBE GT
4 - JL AUDIO 13W1 SUBWOOFERS
2 - JL AUDIO 250/1 AMPLIFIERS
BUMPER TO BUMPER SOUND DEADENING
PIONEER DVD PLAYER
trb

Post by trb »

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I estimate my GT to be worth about $10K, since it is a 2010 and it has about 10K more miles than this one, but otherwise it is a good car.

Good luck on it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

sounds good for a GT
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Any evidence of oil burning?
SconnieVibe

Post by SconnieVibe »

What would show signs of oil burning that you could see in a visual inspection?
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Blue smoke, barring that you'd probably have to drive the car to see how fast (if any) the oil level goes down.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

gmgaga wrote: I found a nice 1 owner 2009 dark blue GT with monsoon sound system, moonroof and 5spd manual. He said he would let it go for $9800.
Welcome to GenVibe ;) As probably the only owner here on GenVibe of the identical car that you're looking at (different color), I'll throw some comments my way. First off Our family owns TWO 2009 Vibe GT's as evident in my sig. The Red one is MINE ... all MINE, I say that because the wife nor the son care to drive it much because it has the 5-speed manual. Their loss anyways! The Blue one is an automatic and my 19yr old son drives it. First off .... without a doubt, the 5-speed manual is BY FAR sooooooooo much more fun to drive. You'll love shifting through the gears and revving the motor. Also the GT suspension really hugs the road (unfortunately you feel the bumps a bit more too) especially when going into a curve or ramp on the highway at 80-90mph :o No sway at all! For a smaller car I was very impressed with it hugging the road. Back to your hunt. Are the tires original? If not you'll be spending $700 or so for new 18" rubber. The fact that it's a manual drops the price by about $700 or so, at least that was the difference between manual & auto option levels. Also the seller may be thinking that they will have a hard time unloading it due to it being a manual .... YOUR GAIN :D Did it have the TWO recalls done to it yet? One = gas pedal circumcision. TWO= driver side master PW switch? Did they keep any maintenance records? What winter climate did this Vibe see? (snow/salt, etc.) Family full of misbehaved kids? (had to ask that one because Juniors Vibe came from such a family). I could go on & on but asked too much already. Also finally the mileage. My manual is averaging 28.6 mpg combined 50/50 city/hwy which is excellent for the 2.4L engine. Here's my stats: http://www.mpgtune.com/fillupHistory.php?carId=4740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The automatics do a bit worse on average. Finally some of the 2.4L engines DO consume a bit of oil. Nothing alarming but say after 1500 - 2000 miles or so it may need a quart to top it off. My son's Vibe is one of them. Keep us posted here.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
gmgaga

Post by gmgaga »

Hey all. Thanks for all the input. The tires have 11k on them and they look pretty good. No foul weather as we live in Louisiana. I purchased the car today. It will sit in the drive way until I can get tags on it next week. It is super clean. Lady driven. The only reason they sold is because she got a company car. Look forward to being part of the community.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! As others said, it sounds like a pretty good deal you got on your "new" Vibe. Post some pictures of it when you get a chance ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage