When the time comes what are good replacements for a vibe?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
meinmi

When the time comes what are good replacements for a vibe?

Post by meinmi »

Hello all,
My 2006 Vibe is in it's prime. Just a touch over 175,000 miles and runs like a top. I can't imagine not running this car way up into the 200 or 300,000 mile range. That being said, if I had the misfortune to be in much of an accident the car may total at a comparatively low amount for what I feel it's worth. That leads to the following question; what makes a good vibe replacement? I'm not sure I like the second generation vibes. I know the Matrix is one good possible choice but what else looks good. One thing I do like about the vibe and matrix is how it sits more like a pickup or suv; you don't sit down into it like so many cars rather you sit with your but up of the floor.
Thanks for your input.
Salsa Guy

Re: When the time comes what are good replacements for a vib

Post by Salsa Guy »

I don't understand what your complaint is about the height? You can adjust the seat down or go with some coilovers and drop it .5 to 2.5 inches.

I have both 1st Gen Vibe Gt and Matrix AWD. I have the Trix lowered (for now) and love the look, it's not slammed. You'll need to be careful going over some bigger speed bumps and some ruts but it's unmanageable. My wife's G35X had the same issues but not quite as bad. I plan on lowering the GT only slightly.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
meinmi

Post by meinmi »

My fault for not being clear; it is not the ride height of the car at all but the way you sit in the seat. I really, really like the vibe because it sits more like a pickup. In so many cars you cannot adjust the seat high enough to feel like my legs aren't straight out in front of me with my (removed) barely off the floor. I am more comfortable sitting upright; just what I prefer. I often drive over 400 miles in a day and I've found this to be the most comfortable way for me to sit. Several other things I would look for in a replacement - the ability to put my golf clubs in the back, with the seat down, lengthways with plenty of room, leather seats, and the fun to drive aspect the vibe has.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

My 2009 has only 29,400 miles. Recently replaced the tires and battery. So I am not in need of a replacement. I had a 2003 Vibe. Bought the ''09 in Jan. 2009 and sold the '03 (only had 33,000 miles) because the price was really right. Difference between what i paid including tax for the '09 and what I got for the '03 was only $3,654. A no brainer. But next time I think I want something a little bigger. My short list includes the Mazda CX5, Subaru Forrester, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, Nissan Rogue - maybe even a Ford Escape. If I were going to stay small I think I'd lean towards a Honda Fit. With my GM Card earnings and the deals GM is offering a Chevy Equinox or Sonic isn't out of the question but I remain leery of GM quality. The Columbus Auto Show is in March I3-16 - will take a look then to see what is new.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

meinmi wrote:My fault for not being clear; it is not the ride height of the car at all but the way you sit in the seat. I really, really like the vibe because it sits more like a pickup. In so many cars you cannot adjust the seat high enough to feel like my legs aren't straight out in front of me with my (removed) barely off the floor.
None of the cars I have tested lately have felt this way, including the Mazda3 (2014), Hyundai Elantra GT, Accent, or Veloster. Of course, being 4'10" may make the difference here. I think the Mazda3 and the Elantra GT felt the closest to the vibe.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Vibe87Mike

Post by Vibe87Mike »

I am currently looking around for a replacement for my 2003 AWD Vibe--194,000 and still running strong! I have looked at several autos but the closest vehicle to my Vibe is the Buick Encore. Slightly smaller with a bit less cargo space, but more luxury interior wise. Gas mileage on the Encore is a step up too from the Vibe.

The Ford C-Max resembles the Vibe a lot. The ground clearance on the Vibe is much better and the Encore has better clearance than the C-Max.

The Ford Escape and the Mazda CX-5 is close to the Vibe also.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Vibe87Mike wrote:I am currently looking around for a replacement for my 2003 AWD Vibe--194,000 and still running strong! I have looked at several autos but the closest vehicle to my Vibe is the Buick Encore. Slightly smaller with a bit less cargo space, but more luxury interior wise. Gas mileage on the Encore is a step up too from the Vibe.

The Ford C-Max resembles the Vibe a lot. The ground clearance on the Vibe is much better and the Encore has better clearance than the C-Max.

The Ford Escape and the Mazda CX-5 is close to the Vibe also.
Interesting you brought up the Encore, as that is pretty much a direct replacement for the Vibe in the US market. I see the Encore for those who like the CUV aspects of the Vibe, and the Sonic for those who like the hatchback aspect of the Vibe. My top list for cars similar to the Vibe (practical, hatchback, good mileage, compact) would be Mazda3, Sonic, Impreza/XV Crosstrek, VW Golf, maybe XB or one of the 'funky' hatches like the Soul. If Chevrolet brings the Cruze hatchback to America with the next generation, than that will easily be a Vibe replacement of proper size.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

I had assumed the Buick Encore was a hatchback - learned something today. The Mazda CX-5 and Ford Escape seem significantly larger than the Vibe but I never actually compared the specs. I saw a Hyundai small hatchback when I was out today - that might also be a Vibe replacement.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

If I see one in the next few days I'll get a picture for a size comparison. That or a Sonic, as the Encore is based on the Sonic.
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

jake75 wrote:I had assumed the Buick Encore was a hatchback - learned something today. The Mazda CX-5 and Ford Escape seem significantly larger than the Vibe but I never actually compared the specs. I saw a Hyundai small hatchback when I was out today - that might also be a Vibe replacement.

Yes the Encore is a Hatchback like the Vibe. The one issue I have with the Encore is the big tires and wheel size...greatly increases its height. A little harder getting in to the car when one (me) is used to the Vibe.
kostby

Post by kostby »

At a recent auto show, I looked around and sat in the Ford Escape (larger overall, though not as space efficient), the Honda Fit (quite a bit shorter overall, though quite space efficient), the Ford Focus hatchback (smaller inside and much lower to the ground), the Lexus CT200H hybrid - a bit larger and more costly because Lexus is a "premium brand". I haven't been in a Ford C-Max hybrid, but from the specs, it's quite Vibe-like. None of the vehicles I looked at though had the rear seats fold as flat as the Vibe.

The Toyota Prius V (hatch wagon variant) is very close in terms of exterior size and interior space to the first gen Vibe 2003-2008. The Hybrid power train adds substantially to the cost, but there aren't any 'cheap' cars anymore! I haven't driven one yet, but the reviews I've read give handling and acceleration low marks. Interesting footnote, is that the 'midsize' Toyota Camry Hybrid gets pretty much IDENTICAL gas mileage as the Prius V, about 40 city/43 highway, and that with a larger 2.5-liter gas engine, versus the 1.8-liter in the Prius.

I've been browsing for 'Vibe-like' vehicles online, because we've had lots of snow and cold weather this winter, so I've been indoors a lot. My 2003 Vibe was built in May 2002, and I've owned it 10 years this month. It has just under 120,000 miles, and is probably good for quite a bit more, but once a decade or so, I buy a new(er) vehicle. Actually this time we'll probably replace my wife's 1996 Taurus. Even though it has under 70,000 miles, minor repairs to fix front end squeaks (because Ford didn't put in grease fittings), some minor rust and a few dings, and replace leaking valve cover gaskets would likely exceed the wholesale value of the car.

The pricing sweet spot for me is usually a 1-2-year old Certified Used or off-lease 1-owner vehicle that still has substantial factory warranty remaining, so I save the horrendous first-year depreciation, but still get a new-enough vehicle that everything still works.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

When it was time to change, I decided that I wanted something completely different.... So I got something completely different!

....well almost... It's still Red! :D
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

star_deceiver wrote:When it was time to change, I decided that I wanted something completely different.... So I got something completely different!

....well almost... It's still Red! :D
Well, that and it's the only thing with close to the same cargo space. :lol:
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Chevy Trax
Jetta wagon
tsx wagon
Cx5
Mazda3
jake75

Post by jake75 »

thebarber wrote:Chevy Trax
Jetta wagon
tsx wagon
Cx5
Mazda3
Most of us would have to go to Canada to get the Trax. Isn't the tsx $30,000 and up?
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Great news! I got around today to comparing the Vibe with three other vehicles. Keep in mind that my Vibe is lowered, so if another car seems higher, that may be it. Also, please pardon the incredibly dirty Vibe you see. It's been so cold the past, what, month? That I haven't been able to get to a car wash.

1: Chevy Equinox - Equinox is bigger in every dimension, but cargo space may not be as versatile, and it will not handle like the Vibe.

2: Kia Soul (because it was there) - Soul is taller, but Vibe is bigger.

3: Buick Encore - It was smaller in every dimension, except it was taller and higher than a stock Vibe. Interior looks more upright than the Vibe, but of higher quality (it IS a luxury car after all). The Sonic is approx the same size, but closer to the ground.

star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

1) Not quite... the rear cargo area of the nox doesn't fold flat and even with the rear seats pushed forward doesn't have the length capability of the Vibe. Also, I'm not convinced that they haven't got all the nasty bugs out of the 4cyl model. 6cyl models cost more than my Silverado, too.

2) You pay a big penalty in FE and cargo volume. There's much better out there!

3) Encore costs way too much, Trax is better but both are smaller. Sonic is a good choice but the Sonic can't be had with awd.

4) Canada still has a 2014 model Matrix... just the 1.8L model though, no awd.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

If I were in the market for a brand new vehicle, it would be either a Buick Encore or Lexus CT200h. Both are a little pricey, but I typically keep cars for a long time and don't do a whole lot of driving.

If I were in the market for a used vehicle, it would most definitely be a Vibe (more than likely a 2009-2010 2.4L Base so I could lower it with some TRD springs :P).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Scion Xb
NMR Guy

Post by NMR Guy »

The plan I am mulling over: Keep my very high mileage '03 GT for occasional fold-down-the-seats hauling, and get a Focus ST for a daily driver.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

When the time comes, I have had my eye on the 06 - 12 RAV4, Kia Sportage & the new CX5. I will move up to a larger quieter car. Not looking to buy a new car but a reliable used one...like i did with the Vibe. To be honest I cant really find a car that really "replaces" the Vibe. Unless Toyota makes a Corolla wagon or Honda does a Civic wagon, the only cars that can really substitute the Vibe are cars that in different classes ( in my eye ) With the redesigned corolla a matrix would probably look pretty cool. Our Vibes are great cars. I will replace it when I want to 8-)

The lancer sportback is pretty cool. I havent seen one on the road yet LOL http://www.motorauthority.com/photos/mi ... tback_2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
meinmi

Post by meinmi »

Thanks to everyone for some helpful opinions; I'll enjoy starting to watch for some of these models as I travel and start paying attention to pricing.
robtco99

Post by robtco99 »

Our 07 vibe got totaled a few months ago and we looked for a solid month for a good first gen vibe at a decent price within a few hour driving distance to replace it and came up empty handed. Some of the prices at dealers are outrageous. Almost pulled the trigger on a focus hatch but, I know of a person that is having trans problems with a '12 focus and another person who's '12 focus that had gotten lemon law, so I skipped it. The focus st's are awesome, but I can't justify almost paying mustang gt money for a focus. We ended up getting a prius c, which is considerably smaller, but my wife loves it, and it gets great mpg. We have a suv if we need to haul something.

I am still secretly on the look out for a good deal on a first gen vibe, because my wife and I really miss it. It was the best all around vehicle that we have ever owned. If I buy one I'll use it to replace my daily driver buick regal. I love having hatchbacks after having the vibe I don't think I'll ever have another sedan.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

The unloved Lexus CT200h http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since one of the reasons a lot of us love the Vibe/Matrix for is its hauling versatility, and one the things we hate is noise, the CT200h doesn't seem a likely alternative.
A $32,000+ cost doesn't interest me either.
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

robtco99 wrote:Our 07 vibe got totaled a few months ago and we looked for a solid month for a good first gen vibe at a decent price within a few hour driving distance to replace it and came up empty handed. Some of the prices at dealers are outrageous. Almost pulled the trigger on a focus hatch but, I know of a person that is having trans problems with a '12 focus and another person who's '12 focus that had gotten lemon law, so I skipped it. The focus st's are awesome, but I can't justify almost paying mustang gt money for a focus. We ended up getting a prius c, which is considerably smaller, but my wife loves it, and it gets great mpg. We have a suv if we need to haul something.

I am still secretly on the look out for a good deal on a first gen vibe, because my wife and I really miss it. It was the best all around vehicle that we have ever owned. If I buy one I'll use it to replace my daily driver buick regal. I love having hatchbacks after having the vibe I don't think I'll ever have another sedan.

If it makes you feel better. Your chance of finding a good 1st Gen Vibe is better than looking for a 1st Gen Scion XB
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Is there something negative on the 2nd Gen Scion xB?
Mark

Post by Mark »

FWIW, I bought a 2012 Honda CR-V for my wife and it's just slightly larger than my Vibes. A few inches wider, a few inches higher, and maybe a foot at most longer. It gets very comparable gas mileage and actually has way more interior space. Plus it's four wheel drive.

I don't like it better than my Vibes, but for 25k it's a very viable replacement.

Edit: I should mention that when we were looking a year and a half ago, the Rav4 was the other choice. I would have preferred it over the CR-V, but it was my wife's car and she got final say. One of the main deciders was the stupid side open rear hatch on the Rav, which they actually fixed with the 2013 model. I would consider the Rav4 as a replacement for my Vibe as well.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
mbz321

Post by mbz321 »

I don't have any plans on replacing my Vibe for the time being, but the Subaru Crosstrek might be worth looking into. At a quick glance, the body style is almost the same as the 1st generation of Vibes. Although the Crostrek is more 'SUV' in nature than the Vibe (a bit higher off the ground, AWD), and apparently the interior 'cargo' space is slightly smaller. MPG's are pretty good, but the price is slightly more than the Vibe range.

09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I will be looking at a Volkswagen GTI (3 door) and the Mini Cooper S Clubman. Yes, I know those are much smaller. I've driven a Clubman S and it was really FUN to drive.
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

My next runabout will likely be a 3rd gen. (09-13?) Toyota Prius base (it's got a 1.8L engine!). I will look more to economy than cargo capacity next time, UNLESS Car companies begin to compete here (USA) in the compact class. Then I may buy new, like the Ford S-Max with 6? Diesel power-train choices!
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/S-MAX

Or the Ford B-Max or EcoSport with the Diesel 5-speed. And that's just choices from Ford.
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/EcoSport
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/B-MAX
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Spark EV
WhgVibe

Post by WhgVibe »

Being in the US I wasnt familar with the Checy Trax so I looked it up on line. Looks pretty good but its hard to tell by just pictures. Im always amazed at the cars not offered in the US by our own manufacturers. Doesn't make sense to me but alot of what they do doesn't make sense at times... :roll:
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

WhgVibe wrote:Being in the US I wasnt familar with the Checy Trax so I looked it up on line. Looks pretty good but its hard to tell by just pictures. Im always amazed at the cars not offered in the US by our own manufacturers. Doesn't make sense to me but alot of what they do doesn't make sense at times... :roll:
It is offered in the US. Its called the Buick Encore.
musicmanmu

Post by musicmanmu »

Has anyone mentioned the Matrix? Seems like a logical option. I've had my eyes on the newer Subaru Impreza Hatchbacks too, as they have similar cargo space and better MPGs. I have to presume they'd be as reliable as the Vibe is?
2009 Vibe GT - Navy Blue Metallic

jake75

Post by jake75 »

musicmanmu wrote:Has anyone mentioned the Matrix? Seems like a logical option. I've had my eyes on the newer Subaru Impreza Hatchbacks too, as they have similar cargo space and better MPGs. I have to presume they'd be as reliable as the Vibe is?
I sense a general consensus here that, at least for what a new Matrix would cost, there are several better alternatives. I bought my 2003 Vibe at a time I didn't need a new car because the price was right after $2,000 rebate, $2,003 GM bonus earning and at a $49 0ver invoice dealer. I bought my new '09 because the price was even more right than the '03 - after selling the 2003 it only cost me $3,654 including tax. Trading up 6 years to a Vibe with multiple air bags, ABS Brakes, & Traction Control at that difference was a no brainer. I suppose if you could find a good used late model Matrix at the right price it would be a reasonable choice.
WhgVibe

Post by WhgVibe »

Test drove the Buick Encore today. Great drive and feel but too small for the $$$$$. My 2010 Vibe has more room in the back seat and cargo area.
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

When the Apocalypse comes, I want this Dodge Caliber to replace my Vibe! :lol:
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Pretty tough to find a good replacement for a car that is fairly small on the outside and large on the inside, gets good mpg, is reliable, durable and still looks good so many years after it was designed. At least I think they look good.

My Vibe is not ready for replacement and might outlast me!

The only reason I would ever consider replacing the Vibe would be to have a car that would get way better mpg. There are a few cars that get great fuel mileage out there, but don't come close to measuring up interior or value wise. Most of the new cars are are expensive. I would love to have a small Prius c, but don't know if I could give up all that practical interior hauling space in the Vibe. Have seen a few low mile examples of the Prius c advertised in the $13 to $17k range, which is a lot better than $19k to $25k range for a new one. Electrics and hybrids are coming down in price some. Leaf and Volt manufacturers dropped prices by quite a bit just recently. Hopefully as more are produced, their price will lower.

That said, if my Vibe had a catastrophic meltdown of some sort and couldn't be saved, I'd probably start looking for a lightly used Ford C-Max hybrid. I've found that car to be a really great driver and if you're easy with the throttle, it does achieve great gas mileage. It's not a Prius in terms of mpg, but gets darned close if driven wisely. We rented one in Florida for a week and found it to be very quiet and responsive on the road. Definitely handles and drives much better than a regular Prius. It has about the same sized interior as a Vibe. Exterior is within an inch or two of the Vibe in every direction. At this moment, the Ford C-Max would probably get my vote if I had to replace the Vibe. I just wouldn't spend the money to buy a new one.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

The more I read this thread the more I feel that the Vibe/Matrix is really a unique car. It has the MPG, interior space & reliability that NO OTHER has. Thats really hard to beat. My 03 is 11yrs old with 168K & still gets 28 MPG with the AC on in CITY driving. Other vehicles seem to be either too expensive, lack the mileage, interior space or just plain FUGLY.....at least the Vibe/Matrix looks somewhat handsome. These car are so usefull & CHEEEEEP to own & maintain. Yeah it isnt the most quiet car on the road & idles a lil rough but, C R A P...... CR was complaining about road noise on the Lexus CT200H & that car is about 22K used. How much does a used Vibe cost ???? are you kidding me ??? You just cannot go wrong with a Corolla engine/drivetrain....no way ! You have to be really out of your mind to pass on these cars, they really are a gem 8-)

Can Toyota make a Matrix with the redesigned Corolla.....my goodness its a NO BRAINER !!!!
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
jake75

Post by jake75 »

No doubt - "You just cannot go wrong with a Corolla engine/drivetrain....no way." So why discontinue a Corolla hatchback/wagon? And why does it have to be so expensive? I suppose the limited model run is an issue. The US market demand for small hatchbacks/wagons seems to be limited. For me a small 4 dr sedan is just not practical.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Toyota stopped Matrix production so they could direct more people to the Venza. Or so they could at least remove all traces of GM from their lineup.
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

vibolista wrote: We rented one in Florida for a week and found it to be very quiet and responsive on the road. Definitely handles and drives much better than a regular Prius. It has about the same sized interior as a Vibe. Exterior is within an inch or two of the Vibe in every direction. At this moment, the Ford C-Max would probably get my vote if I had to replace the Vibe. I just wouldn't spend the money to buy a new one.
Hey Vibolista, Can you compare the C-max to the Vibe concerning Hiway handling, comfort, noise and MPG? I may go hybrid next time.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

just drove a 6MT Chevy Trax. wasnt bad. a bit rolly polly since its a cute ute. power was decent...a nice midrange surge from the turbo.

it'd defiinitely need a trifecta tune and a 3" drop

parking it next to the vibe, the cargo area behind the rear seats doesnt look as wide OR as deep...

if i were looking for a new car, id consider one if i could find some suspension parts that would work. an unfortunate truth is that because there is no trax, only the buick encore in the USA, suspension parts are likely to be few and far between...or imported from the UK
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

jake75 wrote:Is there something negative on the 2nd Gen Scion xB?
I don't see any negatives with the xb, other than it still using an ancient 4sp auto and gets so so mpg. The interior is surprisingly roomy, a lot roomier than the vibe interior.

A couple years back, a guy that came up to me at a gas station and asked what car I have. Told him it's a Pontiac vibe. He wanted to know where he can buy one because he never saw it before and ended up getting a scion xb. Told him he can only find it used since there's no more Pontiac, he liked the vibe's look more than his xb :D
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
jake75

Post by jake75 »

KITT222 wrote:Toyota stopped Matrix production so they could direct more people to the Venza. Or so they could at least remove all traces of GM from their lineup.
To buy a Venza don't you need to be in a whole higher tax bracket?
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I have seen used Venzas for about 20K....thay are really nice cars but the MPG is crappy. The MPGs for the CX-5 blows it away.
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

jake75 wrote:
KITT222 wrote:Toyota stopped Matrix production so they could direct more people to the Venza. Or so they could at least remove all traces of GM from their lineup.
To buy a Venza don't you need to be in a whole higher tax bracket?
Kinda/sorta. It starts at $28k MSRP, $4000 more than a Rav4.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

drove a kia rondo today with a 6MT. theyre now a 2L with 166hp. pretty well equipped for a "base" car. wish it had the 1.6T from the veloster turbo, though

id drive one...
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Rondo. :? Don't mention that car, Kia's decision to drop the Rondo in the US market still stings. If their US arm would have bothered to acknowledge the existence of the last one, perhaps they could have sold them. :?

And this is where I go again *bleeping* and moaning about Americans with their desire for stupid, bloated SUV's and useless cute utes. :twisted: Sure does make us miss out on many more sensible alternatives...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Is it me or is the Subaru Forrester significantly smaller inside than a CRV, Rav4 or Mazda CX5?