New to me 09 AWD Black Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
DarkBetty

New to me 09 AWD Black Vibe

Post by DarkBetty »

I am loving this car!!! I get my stereo and new LED lights for my front end installed tomorrow.. Won't have pics till the snow melts as I am in Alaska.. Was wondering if anyone could give advice, as I am trying to get it to look more like the GT Model. I have plans to streamline it as I do not need a roof rack, and found a GT factory spoiler at a GM Superstore for $206 for all the parts needed. Also looking for pics with tinted windows with 70% light transmission as that is our legal tint up here.. I have big plans for my new baby. I want to get a cold air intake installed as well, so I can use any and all info/advice. Also, random but weird, I have no fog lights, and wanted to know what would be best for self install.. Been looking around on here for a couple weeks and fell in love with you guys! Look forward to hearing from anyone!!!!
lowincash

Re: New to me 09 AWD Black Vibe

Post by lowincash »

Welcome! You'll definitely want to get a GT spoiler for your car. Even if you keep the rest of the car stock the spoiler will make the car look a lot nicer :D I'm pretty sure you can get the fog lights installed, plenty of folks here done that.

Here's pic of my vibe with 70% tint up front for your reference. That's the legal limit here in CA too but I went darker after a while lol

-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
DarkBetty

Post by DarkBetty »

Oh honey it's GORGEOUS!!! I'll prolly go a tad darker too, I am actually from Cali! Yours I'd what I aspire to have mine look like, I am so excited to get it back today.. I found the rims used from a buddy of mine that I will have my summer tires put on..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (110.66 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Welcome to the site! I don't blame you in making it look like a GT; the styling is AWESOME. Cool wheels too!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Removing the roof rack and getting a GT spoiler are both great ways to "streamline" the look of your AWD. As far as intakes go, many 2009-2010 2.4L owners here, including myself, have the K&N Typhoon intake (#69-8613TS). Check out my Garage threads (linked in my signature below) for pictures of how this intake looks when installed. FYI, this intake can be found brand new on eBay for just over $200.00 ;). Many owners here have installed factory fog lights on their 2009-2010 Vibes. It seems pretty simple to do from what I have read from those that have done it. Glad to hear you found us and are enjoying our wonderful site and your "new" Vibe! I look forward to seeing pictures of your Vibe once the snow melts :cool:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
DarkBetty

Post by DarkBetty »

Seriously gushing, I love you guys!!!!! :D
DarkBetty

Post by DarkBetty »

I am having a hell of a time finding the caps to cover the holes from the roof rack removal, advice??
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

DarkBetty wrote:I am having a (removed) of a time finding the caps to cover the holes from the roof rack removal, advice??
Calm down & chill out DB :? Us GenVibers here are willing to help you in your time of need. I just may have exactly what you're looking for!

I have 14 of these and they were given to my by another GV memeber here three years ago or so. Not sure if they're for the 2009-10 Vibe but
seeing how he also gave me SEVERAL radio knobs (still have 20 or so if anyone out there needs some) which fit the 2009-10 Vibe radios, I'd guess
they are for our generation Vibes. Verify by checking the part number and get back with me.

Oh, by the way ..... Welcome to GenVibe :D Update profile showing your location. We sort of like to know where our members are located.
Several of us could actually be your neighbor. Glad you joined ................................................................................ Tim
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
DarkBetty

Post by DarkBetty »

Holy cow!! Tim you are AMAZING!!! I actually tried to update my profile but none of it took, and if am currently working from my iPad.. So that may be why.. I am in Anchorage Alaska!!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

DarkBetty wrote:Holy cow!! Tim you are AMAZING!!! I actually tried to update my profile but none of it took, and if am currently working from my iPad.. So that may be why.. I am in Anchorage Alaska!!
Yeah sometimes the hand held devices do not allow/support inputting data whereas a laptop/desktop computer does! PM me your mailing address and I'll get a pair of these sent off to you ONCE YOU VERIFY that this is indeed what you need. Thanks ;)

DarkBetty

Post by DarkBetty »

So here I am again.. I just had my headlights replaced with a white light and neglected to have my DRL's done to match, and I feel like a moron, but what is the part number for them?? Are they considered high beam or low beam? Lol, thank you all for your support!!! I am going to have it washed Tuesday so I can post some pics so we have a "before" for reference over the summer when I am hoping to make my bigger changes. Much love.. D
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

DarkBetty wrote:So here I am again.. I just had my headlights replaced with a white light and neglected to have my DRL's done to match, and I feel like a moron, but what is the part number for them?? Are they considered high beam or low beam? Lol, thank you all for your support!!! I am going to have it washed Tuesday so I can post some pics so we have a "before" for reference over the summer when I am hoping to make my bigger changes. Much love.. D
The Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are the high beam bulbs which are #9005 (the low beam bulbs are #9006). I have a pair of LED #9005 5000k bulbs for sale if you're interested ;).
DarkBetty

Post by DarkBetty »

I just want to say agin thanks for all the support. I'm not sure if my messages are reaching Tim. We are finally going to be able to start mods in May and I will finally take pics since the Alaskan meltdown is about over. (Mud mud EVERYWHERE!!)
DarkBetty

Post by DarkBetty »

So another question for you lovelies.. I have the AWD 2009 with no fog lights, and there is like a slatted insert, and I want fog lights.. Will I need to order an entire bumper? I am aiming to have this looking like a GT when all is said and done..
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

DarkBetty wrote:I just want to say agin thanks for all the support. I'm not sure if my messages are reaching Tim. We are finally going to be able to start mods in May and I will finally take pics since the Alaskan meltdown is about over. (Mud mud EVERYWHERE!!)
Nice to see you're still alive! Was wondering there for a while. Attempted to e-mail you info about the roof caps BUT you gave me a BAD e-mail address. PM me again with a GOOD address and we'll go from there. Ready to help you as soon as I can.

Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

DarkBetty wrote:So another question for you lovelies.. I have the AWD 2009 with no fog lights, and there is like a slatted insert, and I want fog lights.. Will I need to order an entire bumper? I am aiming to have this looking like a GT when all is said and done..
If you want it to look just like a GT, you'll need to get the GT bumper cover. But you can get fog light bezels and retrofit fogs in the AWD/Base cover. A few have done it and there are write ups on how it worked.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Kincaid wrote:
DarkBetty wrote:So another question for you lovelies.. I have the AWD 2009 with no fog lights, and there is like a slatted insert, and I want fog lights.. Will I need to order an entire bumper? I am aiming to have this looking like a GT when all is said and done..
If you want it to look just like a GT, you'll need to get the GT bumper cover. But you can get fog light bezels and retrofit fogs in the AWD/Base cover. A few have done it and there are write ups on how it worked.
Here's the how-to for installing OEM fog lights into the 2009-2010 AWD / Base front bumper cover.
DarkBetty

Post by DarkBetty »

Thank you again!!! I have pics coming tomorrow of what has been done so far!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

DarkBetty wrote:Thank you again!!! I have pics coming tomorrow of what has been done so far!
Looking forward to seeing them :)!
DarkBetty

Post by DarkBetty »

Ugh!!!! I'm trying to add pictures my friends!! It keeps telling me the file is too big and I'm working from an iPad, my computer won't be here till Saturday!!
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Don't give up easy!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
palphd

Post by palphd »

tpollauf wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:13 am
DarkBetty wrote:I am having a (removed) of a time finding the caps to cover the holes from the roof rack removal, advice??
Calm down & chill out DB :? Us GenVibers here are willing to help you in your time of need. I just may have exactly what you're looking for!

I have 14 of these and they were given to my by another GV memeber here three years ago or so. Not sure if they're for the 2009-10 Vibe but
seeing how he also gave me SEVERAL radio knobs (still have 20 or so if anyone out there needs some) which fit the 2009-10 Vibe radios, I'd guess
they are for our generation Vibes. Verify by checking the part number and get back with me.

Oh, by the way ..... Welcome to GenVibe :D Update profile showing your location. We sort of like to know where our members are located.
Several of us could actually be your neighbor. Glad you joined ................................................................................ Tim
Hi Tim,

I realize this is an old thread, but do you have any of those hole covers left? I am missing one and cannot find any online. Should be GM 19184013. I attached a picture of one of my remaining covers on my 2009 Vibe GT.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris
Attachments
IMG_20190426_155702080_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190426_155702080_HDR.jpg (421.82 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Yep. I got you covered :D Send me an address where to ship them and I'll get you a couple! email me at .... tpollauf@hotmail.com and we'll work out the details. Glad to help! ;)