recall

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
bcorwin

recall

Post by bcorwin »

i bought a 2009 GT. any reclls or problems i should know about ?
kaflex

Re: recall

Post by kaflex »

best thing to do would be to ask your local gm dealer is there are any open recalls for it. I went to https://www.pontiac.com/toolbar/contact_us.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and sent them a message asking and I had one that was still open. They even told me where my closest dealer was that I could have it done at. Just send them the VIN and ask about any open recalls

View my garage here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Update profile so we know where you're from! As the owner of TWO 2009 Vibe GT's there have only been two minor recalls. The "so called" sticking accelerator pedal, and the master power window switch possible shorting & catching fire. If you purchased this recently from a GM dealer then they should have already been done. If not, then it will be up to you to decide whether or not you want them done. Pro's & con's about the accelerator pedal issue (did NOT have mine recalled!) and the power window switch is an easy one.

Post pics of your new ride and let us know the status of what you get done ........................ Thanks & again WELCOME :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

+ the reduced braking issue for those living in northern climates
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Interesting - I've never heard of a recall for the window switch on the 2nd generation vibe.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Kincaid wrote:Interesting - I've never heard of a recall for the window switch on the 2nd generation vibe.
I'm still getting the recall notices even thought I don't own the vibe anymore.

What is the reduced braking issue tho? Haven't heard of that one.
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Kincaid wrote:Interesting - I've never heard of a recall for the window switch on the 2nd generation vibe.
Had it done on both our Vibes last summer. Here's a thread about it.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

lowincash wrote:

What is the reduced braking issue tho? Haven't heard of that one.
I think it only had to do with the 1.8 models and not affecting the 2.4. I believe it was only cars in northern areas with extreme cold. I could be totally wrong, but I think I remember seeing it somewhere.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

09vGT wrote:I think it only had to do with the 1.8 models and not affecting the 2.4. I believe it was only cars in northern areas with extreme cold. I could be totally wrong, but I think I remember seeing it somewhere.
I believe you are correct Ethan.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage