how much can i sell a 300hp turbo gt for ?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
revstohigh

how much can i sell a 300hp turbo gt for ?

Post by revstohigh »

So im getting tired of front wheel drive & want to buy a subaru forester 2.5xt
But im not sure what to ask for my vibe $
Im not ready to sell it right away but its got a lot of goodies about 6k worth of extras including .....
Turbo ,injectors, aem fic ,exhaust, aluminum rad. 170 thermostat, gauges, engine dress up, tokico struts ,st springs, progress rear bar, front strut bar, 2 sets of wheels , mwr shifter, dvd, subs , components, spoiler kit, spliters, and more.........
I dont wanna get rid of it but i hate the cluch trans combo
he vibe comes with, and rather than spend another 5k to do the 5spd swap from a celica id rather just get the car i wanted before i settled for a vibe

Im thinking 8-10k is a fair price for the right buyer but all i have to compair is stock ones selling for 5-6k
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45
thebarber

Re: how much can i sell a 300hp turbo gt for ?

Post by thebarber »

Modified cars are typically worth LESS than their stock counterparts...
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

thebarber wrote:Modified cars are typically worth LESS than their stock counterparts...
Correct. The reason is that there is a large customer base for a stock car but a very small customer base for a modified car.

In other words, a lot less potential customers would be interested in a modified car. That may be different if you are an established builder with an excellent reputation.

Good luck with selling, I hope you don't get beat up too badly.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

Afraid I would have to agree with the other 2 posters.
I know I would NEVER buy a vehicle like that. Every one of those added parts looks like something that would encourage the PO to drive the crap out of it. Instead of adding value, for every dollar spent, you need to SUBTRACT a dollar from the price of a stock vehicle.
In other words, You have spent that poor Vibe into the ground.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

yea i hear you on narrowing the audiance by not being stock
as fas as beating it up goes i did most of those mods in an effort to not have to beat on the car , being that it makes more power now at 4k than it use to at 8k . lol i have always hated reving it that high just to be a 15 sec car now its more like low 13'2

i fig ill have to sit on it a bit deff wolnt sell overnight.........
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Is it possible to return the Vibe to stock? This way you can get the value of the car & then sell the turbo kit separately ?
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
klutzycarlover

Post by klutzycarlover »

cptnsolo77 wrote:Is it possible to return the Vibe to stock? This way you can get the value of the car & then sell the turbo kit separately ?
This would be your best option IMO. There are many people one here, and Matrixowners that would be interested in the parts you remove. I know I would be.
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

i'm deff going to see what kind of offers i get as it sits because i cant remove the turbo without getting a whole new exhaust from the down pipe back because its all custom and its a lot of work when you consider all the oil lines and piping , im not against selling the kit w everything including inj's and fic tuned and ready . but it would have to be worth my while $ wise
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I have sold one vehicle in the past and it was mildly modified (lowered, header-back exhaust, etc.). I parted out as much of it as I could and then sold it. This is typically the way to go when wanting to sell a modified vehicle. You will most definitely get more money selling the parts seperately and returning the vehicle to as stock as possible before selling it.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage