Returning to a Vibe GT

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
SomeYahoo

Returning to a Vibe GT

Post by SomeYahoo »

Hello all. First off, thanks for the forum and all the good information on the site. It has helped me get the information that I need for my Vibe GT purchase.

A 2003 Vibe GT was my first new vehicle purchase, but I was forced to sell it all too soon when kids came around. Fortunately, we are beyond the child seat days and I can finally get back to something a little more fun to drive. After doing some research, I realized that an 03-04 Vibe GT was the perfect balance of space, sportiness, fuel economy, and price for me and now, the hunt is on!

Not many of the GTs for sale around me, but thankfully I'm not in a rush. I can drive what I have now until I find the right GT. I'll take my time and make sure I get the car I really want (turned one down yesterday due to the lack of a moon roof!).

Just wanted to introduce myself before I fire off too many questions. Hope to be contributing (instead of leeching) soon!
Currently:
2004 Vibe GT Abyss 165k mi - FOR SALE
Past:
2003 Vibe GT Sold Loooooong ago
Chiadog

Re: Returning to a Vibe GT

Post by Chiadog »

Welcome to the group! If you can expand your year range to all Gen 1 GT's , that would help! Cars.com is a great resource for finding local vehicles: http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresu ... trId=23966
SomeYahoo

Post by SomeYahoo »

I would consider other gen1 vehicles, but like the lower lift point of the early models. I understand I can swap ecus, but that's additional expense.

I found a dealer willing to shop auctions for me, so something should show up eventually...
Currently:
Past:
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

There's a guy on corolla9.com who can repin an 03 ecu for an 05/06. Might cost you $200 for the ecu and the repin....well worth it
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Glad to see you are at a point where you are able to get another Vibe GT! It sucks that you had to get rid of your first one though. Do you have any pictures of the first one you could post for us? Good luck with your search for a new one and be sure to keep us updated on how it's going ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
SomeYahoo

Post by SomeYahoo »

I'd have to do some searching for a pic of old Neptune, though I think I still have some leftover parts from when some wonderful person backed into her and left. I'll see what I can dig up.

As for expanding the search to all gen 1s, I found the information on the other site, and if I can get a good enough deal that I can afford a repin on top of it (~$300 for the harness, ~$100 for an ECU), I may do that. Thanks for guiding me over there!
Currently:
Past:
SomeYahoo

Post by SomeYahoo »

Found one!!!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently:
Past:
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

SomeYahoo wrote:Found one!!!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Awesome! Great to hear! Welcome back to the family :cool:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

Hangar111 can lower lift to 5700 for a couple hundred
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45