New user

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Vibe117

New user

Post by Vibe117 »

Hey, everyone!

My name is Tyler, 15 years old. Turning 16 in 3 and a half months. The vibe is my favorite car, and I'm looking forward in getting a 2009 Vibe.
VIBE ALL THE WAY!!! =D
KITT222

Re: New user

Post by KITT222 »

Welcome to GenVibe, Tyler! I got a Vibe as my first car, and I love it. It's fun, small/easy to park, and has never let me down. This car has taught me a LOT about myself and about cars. Just be wary of a few things: rear visibility isn't the best, there are large blindspots in the D-pillars (which can be handled if you adjust your mirrors correctly), and the winds likes to push you around (not an issue if you've trained in a minivan or something like that).

Keep us updated on what you're getting, and post pictures when you get your Vibe!
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Welcome to Genvibe!

The Vibe is a great car, fun to drive, good fuel economy, and low maintenance costs, not to mention style :D
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe Tyler! Good call on getting a 2009 Vibe :cool:! I can't wait to see what exactly you end up with (i.e. color, engine, transmission, etc.). Definitely keep us posted ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Welcome.
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

SeattleJeremy wrote:Welcome to Genvibe!

The Vibe is a great car, fun to drive, good fuel economy, and low maintenance costs, not to mention style :D

You mean in GT 1st Gen guise?
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Nasmfell wrote:

I was referring to all Vibes, but aspects of each trim level have their own advantages.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

SeattleJeremy wrote:
Nasmfell wrote:

I was referring to all Vibes, but aspects of each trim level have their own advantages.

I see, though the 1st Gen GT is about the only one that has any "personality"
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Welcome to the site....look forward to seeing your ride. :D
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trb

Post by trb »

Welcome Tyler! As a bit of advice, check on the insurance before you pick out a car to buy to make sure it is reasonable. I know my 2010 GT is the most expensive of our 4 vehicles to insure, and I'm the listed driver (late 40's, no tickets or accidents in 10 yrs). Might want to stick with a base 1.8L to keep the rates down.

Good luck with your search.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Nasmfell wrote:
I see, though the 1st Gen GT is about the only one that has any "personality"
I disagree. My 04 base has plenty of personality!

trb wrote:Welcome Tyler! As a bit of advice, check on the insurance before you pick out a car to buy to make sure it is reasonable. I know my 2010 GT is the most expensive of our 4 vehicles to insure, and I'm the listed driver (late 40's, no tickets or accidents in 10 yrs). Might want to stick with a base 1.8L to keep the rates down.

Good luck with your search.
I've actually heard the Vibe is one of the cheapest cars to insure thanks to it being a "station wagon." The 09 might be more expensive thanks to body parts being hard to source due to its two-year production run. Your (trb) Equinox is a rather "boring" vehicle, thus should be cheap to insure. That said, an 09 1.8l would probably be cheaper than the 2.4l. Especially the GT.
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Welcome Taylor! I like your enthusiasm. I love my 2009 base model. As for personality, I think the torquey 2.4L engine with the manual trans give's it plenty. Seriously, other than middling fuel economy, I have never loved an engine more than this one.

I wish you the best and hope you get what you wish!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Taylor ;) As someone FOUR decades older, I commend you for seeking out the Vibe as your first car. You will not regret it. Junior, my now 19 yr old son, also got a Vibe as his first car (a little influence from his dad :lol: ) On the insurance issue I'll assume it will be put in your parents or a legal guardians name ??? Otherwise it will KILL you on premiums. Surprisingly, for me in Ohio anyways, the Vibe is a very reasonable car to insure. The three Pontiacs in my signature run me annually (left to right) $410, $440, $340 and then the 1992 F-150 $406. That's an annual bill of $1596 for the four vehicles. Ton's of discounts net me these rates.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Kincaid wrote:Welcome Taylor!
tpollauf wrote:Welcome to GenVibe Taylor ;)
Guys, his name is Tyler ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
mrbravo2000

Post by mrbravo2000 »

Alright Tailor! Congrats! Remember to get your parents permission before you start buying stuff on Ebay...
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

welcome Trailer!!!

A base vibe with the TRD supercharger is the most personality you will find in these little cars. Good luck in your vibe adventure!

btw, I know it's Tyler, I was just playing along. LOL