POLL: What color is your Vibe?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!

What color is your Vibe?

Black
7%
Blue/Stealth
15%
Gray/Charcoal
7%
Green
5%
Orange
5%
Red/Salsa
27%
Silver
15%
White
20%

Total votes: 41

canadave

POLL: What color is your Vibe?

Post by canadave »

Just curious :) Apologies if this has been done before, I couldn't find it via a search.
Last edited by canadave on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2009 base Vibe, silver"
09vGT

Re: POLL: What color is your Vibe?

Post by 09vGT »

Silver. The best color ever.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Black, wish I had gotten white tho lol
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
canadave

Post by canadave »

09vGT wrote:Silver. The best color ever.
You know, it's funny...I know silver is a very popular, if not THE most popular, car colour--not just for the Vibe. Yet my wife and I both loathe it. Maybe it's because we live in a climate that's grey and rainy most of the time...but we just can't get into something that's basically a "shiny grey" :) It just seems to me, too, to have no personality....it's like "no colour" to me, rather than some kind of colour (black, red, blue, white, green, yellow).

But obviously that's just me...tons of people feel completely the opposite! Interesting, isn't it?
2009 base Vibe, silver"
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

You forgot the best colour of all, Salsa 8-)
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Doug14 wrote:You forgot the best colour of all, Salsa 8-)
Agreed.
canadave

Post by canadave »

Salsa votes go under red ;) The poll is intended as a survey of general hues, not specific manufacturer colours. 8-)
2009 base Vibe, silver"
Derf

Post by Derf »

Our local NAPA auto parts has a Vibe in "Wave" light blue, I must get a pic. I think it was a fleet only special order, I have only ever seen this one.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

09vGT wrote:Silver. The best color ever.
Same here :cool:! Liquid Platinum Metallic to be exact! My mom's Vibe is Steel Blue Metallic, but since I could only cast one vote, I voted for silver.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Derf wrote:Our local NAPA auto parts has a Vibe in "Wave" light blue, I must get a pic. I think it was a fleet only special order, I have only ever seen this one.
It's a real, factory color. There's a small handful in my area. Only offered for one or two model years I believe.

Silver. The color came with the car, but I like its neutrality when finding accent colors.
WhgVibe

Post by WhgVibe »

Navy Blue......I wanted silver and couldn't find one. (Bought used 2010 base) The following week the dealer had a silver one. Just my luck!! I just like SIlver becuse it doesn't show alot of dirt and stays cooler in the summer. Mine of course shows every dirt speck and is hot as heck!!
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

WhgVibe wrote:Navy Blue......I wanted silver and couldn't find one. (Bought used 2010 base) The following week the dealer had a silver one. Just my luck!! I just like SIlver becuse it doesn't show alot of dirt and stays cooler in the summer. Mine of course shows every dirt speck and is hot as heck!!

I was just about to comment on how well my car hides the dirt. I moved to Chicago for a summer internship and I haven't washed it in over two months and theres not garage. So, under a tree it sits.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

That is one of the reasons I love silver. Even when it's dirty, it doesn't look too bad like other colors tend to.

The Vibe is my third silver vehicle and I don't know if I could ever have another color. Silver is a classy color IMO and looks so good when it's all clean and shiny :cool:. Also, IMO, silver is a color that looks good on any vehicle.
yan80

Post by yan80 »

I agree with canadave, my thoughts exactly. I am a brand new owner of a 2005 Vibe (it is just getting some TLC) - burgundy. I was specifically trying to find orange or red - or anything other than silver or black. Silver is a nice colour, except the fact that every other car on the road is silver. Orange, on the other hand, is rare and probaly an acquired taste. There wre 5 in Canada when I was looking. I am aware that funky colours like that are harder to resell but when I see an orange Vibe, or any car, my heart flutters! I was in a local GM dealership and a gently used vehicle of orange colour was priced 2K less than any other comparable vehicle. I inquired on it - and well, turned it, it is because its not that popular a colour. Hard for me to wrap my head around.. :lol: Who wouldn't like orange!!

I know I know.. personal preference!:)
DeClercq

Post by DeClercq »

I'm pretty sure orange is the best color! :D
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring
canadave

Post by canadave »

yan80 wrote:I agree with canadave, my thoughts exactly. I am a brand new owner of a 2005 Vibe (it is just getting some TLC) - burgundy. I was specifically trying to find orange or red - or anything other than silver or black. Silver is a nice colour, except the fact that every other car on the road is silver. Orange, on the other hand, is rare and probaly an acquired taste. There wre 5 in Canada when I was looking. I am aware that funky colours like that are harder to resell but when I see an orange Vibe, or any car, my heart flutters! I was in a local GM dealership and a gently used vehicle of orange colour was priced 2K less than any other comparable vehicle. I inquired on it - and well, turned it, it is because its not that popular a colour. Hard for me to wrap my head around.. :lol: Who wouldn't like orange!!

DeClercq wrote:I'm pretty sure orange is the best color! :D
You've both made my day! :) Now vote accordingly on this poll! :)
2009 base Vibe, silver"
canadave

Post by canadave »

yan80 wrote:I agree with canadave, my thoughts exactly. I am a brand new owner of a 2005 Vibe (it is just getting some TLC) - burgundy. I was specifically trying to find orange or red - or anything other than silver or black. Silver is a nice colour, except the fact that every other car on the road is silver. Orange, on the other hand, is rare and probaly an acquired taste. There wre 5 in Canada when I was looking. I am aware that funky colours like that are harder to resell but when I see an orange Vibe, or any car, my heart flutters! I was in a local GM dealership and a gently used vehicle of orange colour was priced 2K less than any other comparable vehicle. I inquired on it - and well, turned it, it is because its not that popular a colour. Hard for me to wrap my head around.. :lol: Who wouldn't like orange!!

You know, me being the automobile innocent, I really was astonished to find out that silver and black are the most "in demand" colours for car sales. I asked a friend of mine who's a car salesman, and he confirmed this. It was surprising to me, for precisely the reason you mentioned--why would someone want a colour that (a) everyone else on the road has, and (b) doesn't really express any "personality"? Well, I guess silver and black express "refinement", but I'm just surprised there aren't more happy yellows and reds and oranges and blues and greens out there :)

But yeah, it's definitely personal preference, and I suppose as you say I'll be eating my words if we ever try to re-sell this car. I don't think we're ever going to want to re-sell it though, so we're all good I think!
2009 base Vibe, silver"
CharlesinGA

Post by CharlesinGA »

Black gets way too hot down here for my liking. Salsa which I have is bad enough. I have a white Ranger and it stays much cooler in the cab. Silver is dull and boring looking when I see it on a Vibe.

Charles
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Salsa! Salsa! :D
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nyx8

Post by Nyx8 »

Yeah... my color isn't on here. It's a blue/grey called "stealth".
~*Nyx*~
2014 Dodge Challenger SXT V6, approx 200 miles
SOLD - 2006 Pontiac Vibe Base 1.8L, 62k miles
SOLD - 1996 Pontiac Firebird V6, 94k miles
SOLD - 2004 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L, 45k miles
SOLD - 1989 Pontiac Grand Am V6, 100k miles
canadave

Post by canadave »

Nyx8 wrote:Yeah... my color isn't on here. It's a blue/grey called "stealth".
Sorry, the forum software won't let me add or remove options without resetting the votes and starting over :( I see your dilemma. I guess just pick which one you identify with best, blue or grey.

*** EDIT: Tell you what--it looks more blueish to me. I'll add "Stealth" to the blue colour option in the poll.
2009 base Vibe, silver"
FarmerRick

Post by FarmerRick »

Mine is stealth too, doesn't look blue to me... :?:

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
“Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.”
― Thomas Jefferson
canadave

Post by canadave »

lol. Okay, someone tell me then what colour Stealth should be--blue, grey, purple, whatever. I can't tell from my monitor. Let me know what it should be classed under (I can't create its own option, because then all the stats reset) and I'll change the poll to whatever you stealth folks want it to be.
2009 base Vibe, silver"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I've always considered Stealth to be a shade of green myself :|.
canadave

Post by canadave »

LOL...okay, I'm thisclose to creating a poll for what colour "Stealth" is, and then I'll use the results to associate Stealth with a colour on THIS poll :ugeek:
2009 base Vibe, silver"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

canadave wrote:LOL...okay, I'm thisclose to creating a poll for what colour "Stealth" is, and then I'll use the results to associate Stealth with a colour on THIS poll :ugeek:
:lol:
FarmerRick

Post by FarmerRick »

Looks grey to me...
“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
“Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.”
― Thomas Jefferson