Anyone else seen this?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
hotbug1776

Anyone else seen this?

Post by hotbug1776 »

http://matrixowners.com/index.php?/topi ... -progress/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, a LSx V8 in a Pontiac Vibe!!!

Pherb, I know what we're doing today!!!

I think I may want to tackle a project like this one day, maybe soon once my work situation is clarified.
KITT222

Re: Anyone else seen this?

Post by KITT222 »

He stole my idea! I was talking to Zane about doing a RWD conversion with an AWD Vibe. Either way, this looks way cool. I'm eager to see how this turns out.
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Yeah I saw this a month or so ago and wanted to follow its progress but i forgot where I saw it. Great post!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

KITT222 wrote:He stole my idea! I was talking to Zane about doing a RWD conversion with an AWD Vibe. Either way, this looks way cool. I'm eager to see how this turns out.
Don't you mean he stole MY idea :lol: I installed a 225 Plymouth slant six into one of my '74 Camaro's that I restored just for a joke some 30+ years ago. After I was 100% successful and drove it for some time, I came to my senses and put a 283 small block Chevy back into it. Loved doing this kind of thing AND would easily entertain the thought someday when there are plenty of second gen Vibes laying around cheap. Certainly a retirement job for me in the future 8-)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

This goes back at least nine years -> viewtopic.php?t=8745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

He is a member here as well. He was asking about custom spring rates for coilovers.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

bfurches

Post by bfurches »

Haha...thats funny...this is my car.

In all honesty, I havent touched it in a few months. I have been busting my (removed) to get my Caprice done and I am almost there.

While it might not be a vibe....gives you guys an idea of what you can expect from me and my fabrication lol.

I am hoping to get back on the Vibe soon and finish it up.

Stay tuned.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

sweet build man, looking forward to seeing it completed! as far as your caprice is, holy cow!!! thats one hell of an engine bay, it twin turboed???? thing looks wicked quick.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
bfurches

Post by bfurches »

It is actually a single turbo. 70mm Garrett on a 4.8l.

I am hoping to go deep in the 10s with this combo on kill.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Your Caprice looks good. And obviously you have a good standard of work. I look forward to what you do with the Vibe, though. I wanted to do something similar with an AWD some day, so I'm eager to see how it comes out.