Vibe gt future owner question

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Ownerofgt

Vibe gt future owner question

Post by Ownerofgt »

Hey guys like you have probably seen my username is ownerofgt but i'm not owning one right now. Just want to make sure that if the brakes and the oil are okay on a 2003 vibe gt with 220-230 kilos on it, i could spend some months with it without having problems. Like i said it has 220 000 kilos on it do you think it would be problematic. I dont think so because its a toyota but just want to make sure !! Thank you very much vibe owners !
creekhed1

Re: Vibe gt future owner question

Post by creekhed1 »

Ive had two Vibe's... an '04 AWD and now my '03 GT....so I speak from experience. As you stated...they're basically Toyota's... and darn good one's at that! The clutch is the weak link in the GT but most hold up well....other than that ROCK solid (KNOCK ON WOOD! hahaha).
I LOVE my GT!!!! Its fast when you hit 6K rpms and handles well. Just a GREAT CAR all around and someday I'll probably buy YET ANOTHER Vibe.... a GT as once you own one you cant go back to base or AWD...at least not me!

I also loved my AWD... it was GREAT in the snow and never let me down...ever. Was a great car! But now that I own a GT I see what all the hubbub is about... these GT's are AWESOME!

I'd love to drive a 2nd Generation GT... I'm not sure but think they arent quite the performer the 1st Gen was. Maybe someone who has driven BOTH could chime in.

|Bottom Line - BUY ONE...you wont regret it! If you shop around there are GREAT DEALS to be had (depending on Location of course)... I bought my 03 with 110K miles in very good (not perfect though) condition for $3500 including tax and DMV ($3100 plus).
Here\s my '03 after painting the wheels and adding some stripes:

Ownerofgt

Post by Ownerofgt »

Thanks for this complete answer ! I forgot to say that my family owns a vibe base 07 so i know what it is but i was just not sure if the gt was the same quality thx man !!
creekhed1

Post by creekhed1 »

Same quality - but on Steroids :evil: ! lol :D
zythr

Post by zythr »

If you can, go with the GT, better (and faster) than the base and AWD.