Need Exhaust Help!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
xTiaanx

Need Exhaust Help!

Post by xTiaanx »

Hey folks. Looking at getting a magnaflow resonator and a hushpower dbx muffler for my base model 04 Vibe. Anyone have the diameters and overall length measurements for the resonator and the muffler?
xTiaanx

Re: Need Exhaust Help!

Post by xTiaanx »

P.s. I'm asking for stock measurements so I can buy the right size, just in case there was any confusion.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

xTiaanx wrote:P.s. I'm asking for stock measurements so I can buy the right size, just in case there was any confusion.
I assume you are going with a CAT-Back exhaust? On my 2005 Trix it's about 1.5" yours should be the same. Normally people go with 2.0" to 2.5" Cat-Back. I have 2.25" Cat-back with a Vibrant resonator and Magnaflo muffler. Mine has a nice growl (not a rice howl) and it's not much louder than stock. Installed it was about $250 including parts.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
xTiaanx

Post by xTiaanx »

I'm not getting a whole new cat back. Just swapping the stock reso and muffler. So I want to know their in/out diameter.
McViberson

Post by McViberson »

the exhaust popped off the cat and i'm looking for options. any suggestions. I'm looking to spend around $200 total. Thanks!
Attachments
picpic.jpg
picpic.jpg (34.38 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Stock is about 2 1/8"
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

A 2 1/4" diameter will suit you the best. The length of the parts will probably be your biggest considerations for the amount of fabrication work you'll need, but I can't get those measurements as my stock parts are long gone.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

lannvouivre wrote:A 2 1/4" diameter will suit you the best.
Agreed! I've always heard 2.25" is plenty unless your engine is boosted. Both our 09 GTs have Magnaflow catbacks with 2.25" piping.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage