It's Been a Blast!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
DiveNut

It's Been a Blast!

Post by DiveNut »

Hey Fellow Genvibers,

After 9 years of flawless service, I finally had to let the Vibe go. She was a great car that never once broke down or failed us, but as the kids have grown, she's just a bit too small for our needs. If we had space I'd keep her until my daughters are old enough to drive, but we just can't. So we ended up trading her in. Hopefully she ends up in a good home with someone that appreciates her (and hopefully surprise a few "faster" cars 8-) ). There are too many to name, but I want to offer a Big Thanks to all the members that have provided assistance and fun over the years. You know who you are. And for my local Chicagoland friends, perhaps our paths will cross again at one of the area cruise nights and/or shows.

Be Well all and I'll peek in once and awile to say 'Hi".

Very Best Regards,

Pat & Family
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
jake75

Re: It's Been a Blast!

Post by jake75 »

I'm sort of in that mode - but for different reasons. Bought our '09 Vibe to replace an '03 because the deal was too good to pass up. Really would like something a bit bigger and quieter - like a Rav4, CRV, Mazda CX5. What did you buy? We don't drive that much so mpg is not a deal breaker.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Sad to see it go.
Glad it's not because it got wrecked or something tho.
That's always the worst.

So whatcha getting now?
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

your legacy will live on... The pulley from your Vibe will be transplanted into my Vibe by the end of this weekend.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

jake75 wrote:I'm sort of in that mode - but for different reasons. Bought our '09 Vibe to replace an '03 because the deal was too good to pass up. Really would like something a bit bigger and quieter - like a Rav4, CRV, Mazda CX5. What did you buy? We don't drive that much so mpg is not a deal breaker.
I know what you mean. My office moved closer to my home, taking a 28 mile (each way) commute down to 9 miles. So, mileage was no longer a huge factor in our choice.
A Psycho Martyr wrote:Sad to see it go.
Glad it's not because it got wrecked or something tho.
That's always the worst. So whatcha getting now?
I hear ya. And I agree, I'd be sick if she got wrecked man.
hotbug1776 wrote:your legacy will live on... The pulley from your Vibe will be transplanted into my Vibe by the end of this weekend.
Thanks brother. And that pulley show's an ETA of tomorrow, May 1st. I'm glad it went to a passionate Vibe owner.

My new ride is a 2011 M37X...quite a change from the Vibe. I'll be happy if it's half as reliable as the Vibe!

Here she is....

Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Nice trade up.

That thing quiet inside?

Bet that's a nice change. (can't wait til it's my turn)
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

How are you supposed to fit a washing machine in there?!?!?

BTW it came TODAY!!!
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Pulley is on... road test in 1 hour (getting a wash). Took less than an hour to change, more like 25 minutes. First start up and a few blips of the throttle revealed what three lightweight pulleys will do, almost instant throttle response.

I could kiss you Pat, in a purely masculine fashion, of course. LOL
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:Nice trade up.

That thing quiet inside?

Bet that's a nice change. (can't wait til it's my turn)
Thanks. yes, it's pretty quiet. Some reviews claim the exhaust noise a bit much/unrefined at WOT. To me that's a good thing :P

DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

hotbug1776 wrote:
How are you supposed to fit a washing machine in there?!?!?

Pulley is on... road test in 1 hour (getting a wash). Took less than an hour to change, more like 25 minutes. First start up and a few blips of the throttle revealed what three lightweight pulleys will do, almost instant throttle response.

I could kiss you Pat, in a purely masculine fashion, of course. LOL
All future appliance hauling will be performed by my wife's Sienna.

:lol: Glad you got the pulley installed and ready for a few hard launches...and I understand, not a Bromance sort of thing or anything like that....Maybe a quick guy hug would suffice :oops: . Thanks for the laugh and enjoy!

Pat

CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

DiveNut wrote:
Thanks. yes, it's pretty quiet. Some reviews claim the exhaust noise a bit much/unrefined at WOT. To me that's a good thing :P
NICE! I wouldn't mind hearing an exhaust clip of that baby! Sweet lookin ride :)
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Sad to hear the Vibe is gone Pat, but as A Psycho Martyr said, at least it wasn't wrecked. Hopefully it will go to a good home and it'd be really cool if the new owner becomes a member here someday! We definitely need to get another Chicagoland meet setup. Perhaps at one of the cruise nights in Morris again (2nd Saturday of the month June - October). I want to see the Duster in person! That's a very sharp looking Infiniti you've got there! Enjoy the new ride and don't be a stranger ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
journeyforce

Post by journeyforce »

Good luck with your new car. It looks stylish and they are nice to drive. I am having thoughts about getting rid of my Vibe also. It sits most of the time due to it being a manual and having to commute in horrible traffic and its carrying/hauling duties are taken over by the 2012 Scion XB and the 1990 Volvo 240(the dirty jobs) I own.

I am looking at a 2013 Ford Fusion(what a outstanding looking car) or a Sonata/Optima

But we will see

Good luck with your new car and don't be a stranger
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Nice sleek Black ride!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)