Greetings from PA

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
MrEd

Greetings from PA

Post by MrEd »

Hi all. I'm Ed. I just bought a used 2005 Vibe base model. It's actually for my daughter, but I'll be driving it a bit while she is just on her permit.

I'm not new to Toyota vehicles, as my first car was a 79 Celica and my wife drives an 04 4Runner. So far, I'm not disappointed with the Pontiac badged version here. Runs and drives great. It's pretty nimble, too, with our twisty roads around here. It's definitely a step up from the 98 Neon I traded in against it :D

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say "Hi". I've already been perusing the maintenance sections and I'm sure I'll glean a bunch of good info from there.
hotbug1776

Re: Greetings from PA

Post by hotbug1776 »

MrEd wrote:Hi all. I'm Ed. I just bought a used 2005 Vibe base model. It's actually for my daughter, but I'll be driving it a bit while she is just on her permit.

I'm not new to Toyota vehicles, as my first car was a 79 Celica and my wife drives an 04 4Runner. So far, I'm not disappointed with the Pontiac badged version here. Runs and drives great. It's pretty nimble, too, with our twisty roads around here. It's definitely a step up from the 98 Neon I traded in against it :D

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say "Hi". I've already been perusing the maintenance sections and I'm sure I'll glean a bunch of good info from there.

Let us know about where you live, maybe we can all meet up locally sometime after the snow melts. Welcome to your second home. Lol
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
MrEd

Post by MrEd »

hotbug1776 wrote:
MrEd wrote:Hi all. I'm Ed. I just bought a used 2005 Vibe base model. It's actually for my daughter, but I'll be driving it a bit while she is just on her permit.

Let us know about where you live, maybe we can all meet up locally sometime after the snow melts. Welcome to your second home. Lol
Entirely the other side of the state from you ;) I'm near Allentown.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!
DVibe

Post by DVibe »

Hello and welcome!
Roll with soul.
DVibe's Garage
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

A short trip. A mere 6 hours one way on some of the best roads in the USA. Maybe this summer the growing pa membership can meet up in a centralized location to enjoy the twisties and scenery.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Lots of valuable info here and super friendly members. Get involved and visit often ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Glad to hear you're enjoying your daughter's Vibe :P! Post a picture of it when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
MrEd

Post by MrEd »

vibenvy wrote:Welcome to GenVibe! Glad to hear you're enjoying your daughter's Vibe :P! Post a picture of it when you get a chance ;)!
These are the pics from the dealer's site. I just dropped them into my photobucket.

Slide show: http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/ ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zyzyix

Post by zyzyix »

Hi and welcome