Another Vibe bites the dust

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
clbrfan

Another Vibe bites the dust

Post by clbrfan »

Well I totaled my 2009 carbon grey base Vibe today. :cry: Some stupid b@#ch pulled out in front of me and I t-boned her at 40 mph. I miss my little car already, I am fine just a bruised sternum from the seat belt. Only got to drive her 34000 thousand miles and would rather have multiple broken bones to have my baby back sitting in my garage. She was the first car I ever bought new and whatever I get from insurance wont even compare to what she was truely worth. I have no pics because I was taken out of the car on a backboard, so please don't ask. I don't post on here very often just needed to vent a little and to see if any of you needed parts I could strip of the car so my baby could live on in some way. The front end is destroyed all airbags deployed and I will be keeping the gear shift knob everything else is up for grabs for free just pay shipping if you don't live close. I will be going to see her tomorrow and pull off everything I can. Thank you and enjoy your Vibes, Stephen.
BurnOnyx08

Re: Another Vibe bites the dust

Post by BurnOnyx08 »

Wow, nearly the exact same thing happened to me and my family a month ago, just got a replacement this week. True enough that insurance will never give you what it's worth to you, just gotta remember, cars can be repaired and replaced, not so true with people. Hope you recover quick and hope the other driver gets held accountable for her unsafe actions. Good luck in getting a replacement vehicle.
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

That IS a shame. I couldn't imagine that happening to mine! Hopefully you can find another one or atleast something similar. You won't be able to buy it new but atleast you can live on the memories in a used one. As far as parts, I assume the headlights are totaled as well? If you end up pulling the headlights and tail lights out I wouldn't mind seeing how much you would charge for shipping on those.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Sorry to hear about your Vibe, but glad to hear you were not seriously injured.

Are you considering getting another Vibe as a replacement?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage