Debadging and black pontiac symbol

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
natevaz22

Debadging and black pontiac symbol

Post by natevaz22 »

i was debating on depbadging my 2010 Vibe GT and dont know if i should and i was wondering where people get the black pontiac symbols or how they painted them?
zyzyix

Re: Debadging and black pontiac symbol

Post by zyzyix »

Do you mean removing all trace(s) of Pontiac? If you're not going to sell it, then you could, I have not hear of the black Pontiac symbol :)
natevaz22

Post by natevaz22 »

zyzyix wrote:Do you mean removing all trace(s) of Pontiac? If you're not going to sell it, then you could, I have not hear of the black Pontiac symbol :)
removing Pontiac And Vibe GT from the back and here is a link http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... BQ&dur=277" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Both our 2009 GTs have been de-badged since shortly after we brought them home from the dealer back in 2009...

In case you weren't already aware, the arrowhead badge on the hatch has a couple holes under it, so don't bother trying to remove it.

Check out Grafx Werks for vinyl overlays for the arrowhead badges, among many other things ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
natevaz22

Post by natevaz22 »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Both our 2009 GTs have been de-badged since shortly after we brought them home from the dealer back in 2009...

In case you weren't already aware, the arrowhead badge on the hatch has a couple holes under it, so don't bother trying to remove it.

Check out Grafx Werks for vinyl overlays for the arrowhead badges, among many other things ;).
Thank you they do look better with out it and what did you use i was told to use a hair dryer and dental floss and then googone
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Debadged Abyss vibes FTW!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25243&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used a hair dryer, fishing line and goo gone :) Black Grafxwerks on front my arrowhead too! About to change that to the Voltz "V" though.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Blanco_Diablo wrote:Debadged Abyss vibes FTW!!!!

Ya what he said LOL!...Debdaging is the first thing I do to my cars. I just like the clean look.

Pat

Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
natevaz22

Post by natevaz22 »

I debadged it and left GT on it so far i had to stop but looks good with only GT ill post a pic
jazzvibe

Post by jazzvibe »

May I interject a question? I never heard of "debadging" until I got my Vibe in June and started reading on here. Is this something relatively new in car circles? I do love the look of the debadged Vibes. When did debadging become popular, and was it with Vibes or another make/model that it got started? Does it drive car makers crazy because people cannot ID the cars easily? Could debadging be something that started on a coast and I just never heard about it, being in the midwest? I am just curious. I like to understand the derivation of words and the history of trends, I guess!

Natevaz22,
If you look at the "OEM, INTERIOR, ELECTRONICS, AND EXTERIOR" section and go to "exterior," you can read about the guys using Plasti-Dip to blacken parts of trim. Check it out, it is fun to read about their ideas.
My Recently Deceased Vibe
Murdered By A Dodge Charger 11-23-16!
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

DiveNut wrote:
Blanco_Diablo wrote:Debadged Abyss vibes FTW!!!!

Ya what he said LOL!...Debdaging is the first thing I do to my cars. I just like the clean look.

Pat
I see it happen all the time, but Blanco is a She
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

[/quote] I see it happen all the time, but Blanco is a She[/quote]

Oops! Sorry bout that Blanco :oops:
jazzvibe wrote:May I interject a question? I never heard of "debadging" until I got my Vibe in June and started reading on here. Is this something relatively new in car circles?
Nope - Folks have been pulling, shaving trim etc off cars for ever. Became real big when chrome became extinct and monochromatic paint jobs got popular.

Pat
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Wolfman213 wrote: I see it happen all the time, but Blanco is a She
I see I have back-up... thanks Wolfman :D
DiveNut wrote:Oops! Sorry bout that Blanco :oops:
No problem DiveNut, not the first time, won't be the last... LOL! You get a pass for having a clean Abyss vibe.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

natevaz22 wrote:Thank you they do look better with out it
Thanks!
DiveNut wrote:Debdaging is the first thing I do to my cars. I just like the clean look.
Same here! I removed the "Sunfire GT" badges on the doors of my 2002 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe back in like 2002 or 2003. I also removed the "Sunfire" badges and side moldings on my 2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan. The door moldings took a couple days because they ran down both sides of the car from wheel well to wheel well. My fingers were so sore, but it was well worth it.
natevaz22 wrote:I debadged it and left GT on it so far i had to stop but looks good with only GT ill post a pic
Yes, please do post a picture. I've been contemplating possibly putting the "GT" badges back on our Vibes for a while now and I'd love to see what it actually looks like.
DiveNut wrote:Oops! Sorry bout that Blanco :oops:
Blanco_Diablo wrote:No problem DiveNut, not the first time, won't be the last... LOL! You get a pass for having a clean Abyss vibe.
I was not aware you were female either. I have this same issue all the time as well, usually not on here but quite often on The J-Body Organization website I am also a member of. It really doesn't bother me either though. I'm used to it after experiencing it for the past 10 years :P. I guess when you don't purposely draw attention to the fact that you're female, most people just assume since you're into cars, you're a guy :roll:.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

My turn to get involved on this topic. The only de-badging that I've done so far is the removal of the HUGE dealer sticker which was on the back hatch. Everything else is as is. What I may do, one of these years AFTER I am completely done with all of my exterior mods, is "add-badge" my Vibe :o That is, add some nomenclature to what is already there highlighting the Vehicle with all the mods. Something along the lines of "SE" (special edition)" or "OOAK (one of a kind :lol: ). After all, other than existing body panels, it won't resemble a Vibe at all and will really draw attention to where people will want to know what kind of car it is;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Blanco_Diablo wrote:
Wolfman213 wrote: No problem DiveNut, not the first time, won't be the last... LOL! You get a pass for having a clean Abyss vibe.
:D

ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Debadged ftw. A few years ago, I pulled into the local Toyota dealer to pickup a rear wiper blade. I had to drive through the used car lot to get to parts ( yeah i was lost) and a few people were in there looking at cars. As I was rolling through, a couple came up to my window and asked what kind of car it was.
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Still have all mine! The only thing I've altered is the colour of the license plate... :D

2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)