window crank clips

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
bluegrassdan

window crank clips

Post by bluegrassdan »

So I put in new speakers and in the process of removing the window cranks I lost 3 of the little metal clips. I was doing the cloth method of removing the crank handles. Can I get these anywhere or should I go out and comb my lawn?
joatmon

Re: window crank clips

Post by joatmon »

I think I've seen those in auto parts stores, in a blister pack in the "Help" stuff, among miscellaneous little trim pieces
KNINE

Re: window crank clips

Post by KNINE »

bluegrassdan wrote:So I put in new speakers and in the process of removing the window cranks I lost 3 of the little metal clips. I was doing the cloth method of removing the crank handles. Can I get these anywhere or should I go out and comb my lawn?
That's favorite method. I actually did a post on it a while back. My clips usually stay in the cloth. You don't know much other hardware I've lost in the grass over the years. I'm still missing part of a car jack that fell off my tractor while I was mowing a pasture. Amazing how grass seems to consume metal. :?

The "help" section of your local auto parts store should have the clips.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.