Is your Vibe used commercially?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
xenictime

Is your Vibe used commercially?

Post by xenictime »

I may be in the minority, but my commercially registered 2009 works hard. The thoughtfully designed myriad of ways the interior can be arrayed and loads tied off make it truly utilitarian. I move small cargoes around in my business and rarely have to upgrade to a rental van or truck with the Vibe. It replaced a 2005 Montana (truck front) that I dearly miss, but the Vibe has done everything I've asked of it and always started as reliably as a getaway car.

I've been meaning to add roof racks and overload springs since I got it, but have managed without.

Anyone else have their business name on the title?
colterk

Re: Is your Vibe used commercially?

Post by colterk »

xenictime wrote: I've been meaning to add roof racks and overload springs since I got it, but have managed without.

Anyone else have their business name on the title?
Two things i was looking at as well, so instead I went with lowering springs? Go figure. I do not use mine commercially to answer your question, but that is very rad you do. Does it bring business in? With the cars being so rare and unique I'm sure you at least get looks =) Any pictures?!
Link to my 'garage' thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38548
Led Powered Since '87
j42.snyder

Post by j42.snyder »

Mine may not see official commercial use - but it gets its regular share of carting stuff around.

Just this past weekend, one day it was filled up with a couple of 8' fence posts, some 8' 2X4's, and a whole pile of 6' fencing slats. The next day it made an out of town run with all of the audio equipment for my church's musical group to perform somewhere else. I've also made dump runs with it, and often pull a trailer. I've done a couple of scrap metal runs using a U-Haul trailer, and then had almost 1000 pounds of sod/dirt in that same trailer. It gets loaded up to go north in the summer pulling our boat, and in the future I hope to get a Starcraft Starflyer 8' tent trailer for us to explore the country with while camping.

At least it's usually stuck with just hauling me around for its daily 120km commute to work. I'm more than happy with the gas mileage I get on average too for such a versatile vehicle. There should be a link in my signature you can click on to see my entire fuel consumption stats since new for anyone interested.

John
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Although my 2009 GT is not used commercially, it has hauled it's fair share of different things around with ease over the past three years. It is definitely a great little car for hauling just about anything.

Post some pictures of your Vibe when you get a chance ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
crazytrain

Post by crazytrain »

I've used my Vibe commercially just about every day since I bought it, although it's not registered commercially and I don't have my company name on it. I'm a computer technician and officially (well, legally) started a business in 2003. I do alot of work for businesses on their point of sale systems and in the past few years have gotten involved with surveillance systems.

One of my claims to fame (which is a sort of running joke with some clients) is that I usually have what they need in my car. I never know what I'll need, so I try to have at least one of everything.

I have 3 rows of plastic storage drawers in the trunk similar to this to hold everything, a couple boxes on the back seat, things stacked on the floor behind the seats and most of the time things on the passenger floor. I keep some files, notebook and other papers on the passenger seat and always like to fold it down and use it as a desk. I really like those little storage compartments in the trunk. I keep some extension cords & power strips tucked away in there. Many people have said to me that I need a bigger car. Well, the Vibe works out just fine, but every once in a while I do think about getting a Ford Transit Connect though.
151563_sk_lg.jpg
151563_sk_lg.jpg (15.79 KiB) Viewed 2353 times
2006 Stealth Vibe <-- Current
2010 Subaru Forester <-- Wife's Current
I miss my 1992 Saturn SC2 - drove it for 12 years
xenictime

Post by xenictime »

colterk wrote:[Does it bring business in? With the cars being so rare and unique I'm sure you at least get looks

I meant business name on the title. It's not a marked car. I have a small business of eclectic focus, or lack thereof. I haul everything from lights cameras and action to artwork in motion. The Vibe is my principal business vehicle. The fact is, I've had semi-beligerent people want me to move out of the yellow (commercial in California) zone and have had to point out my plates. That never happens in a van.

I have a family member with a 2003 Matrix who has ruined his rear springs with a lot of hauling and towing. I really will get the overloads, they're cheap and easy to install.

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Welcome to GenVibe!
In fact, I got on here first in September of '08, just after getting my 2009 Vibe. I'm one of those that got lost in the BB upgrade.
CharlesinGA

Post by CharlesinGA »

I have a friend up in Wisconsin who works for a large insurance company in their IT department. When he found out I had bought a Vibe, he told me the company had one they used to move computers and equipment around between the various facilities. He said its the only car he ever saw that he could get stuck in the parking lot in the snow, but he likes it anyway.

I too got lost during the BB upgrade and had to re-register, to get in.

Charles
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Neither of our Vibe's are used commercially .......... BUT my company, Honeywell, did have their computer/fire/security division guys/gals drive Vibes there for a short while :) Some liked them, and others complained about them. Now they are driving Chevy Colorado light duty trucks with a cheezy cap on them. They are terrible in the snow. Bet they wish they had their Vibe's back :twisted:

2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

My business name is not on the title, but the majority of the miles of my car are used for business. It just hauled a while bunch of video equipment between the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago and St Joseph, Michigan, then to Milwaukee, and tomorrow to South Bend, all for various shoots. It will also be driving to Ohio and to the DC area for work as well. :)
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
trb

Post by trb »

It is interesting reading about all of you guys hauling your gear around in your Vibes. That is one main reason we bought the Vibe for my son 4 years ago. Him and his friends had a rock band and he really need something to haul around his equipment, so we were looking for a small SUV or hatchback vehicle for him. Found a used Vibe at a dealer and after he drove it, the decision was made. I just had to find the right one for him since the first one was wrecked and not repaired very well.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car