new to GenVibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
behindthelens

new to GenVibe

Post by behindthelens »

crummy pic off my phone. but i just got her and named her accordingly, "Betty".
tpollauf

Re: new to GenVibe (behindthelens)

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome That's not just any "Betty" ....... but "Black Betty" Sharp looking 03-04 Vibe there. Fill us in on options and future plans for your Betty. Visit often and get involved
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
behindthelens

Re: new to GenVibe (tpollauf)

Post by behindthelens »

i really would like to get the paint touched up. the hood has a few chips. and i need to do something about the rust behind the back wheels (maybe the drums? i'm not sure what the part is called). and maybe some black housing headlights. and FLOOR MATS! the dealership gave me these flimsy floor mats that just trap dirt!
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Welcome. Nice ride.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
knightrace

Post by knightrace »

Looks good!
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
CAMOGIRL

Re: new to GenVibe (knightrace)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

SCHNIIICE! I love the monotone Abyss 03-04s if I ever repaint, this is what I want Welcome to genvibe
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
journeyforce

Post by journeyforce »

Nice car you have there. I hate when stealerships stiff you on the correct floor mats. I have good and bad news. The bad news is that actual Vibe mats for the 03-08 Vibe are hard to find and I don't think it is possible to get them from a dealership(heck you could not get Vibe parts from the GM dealer when they were still making the cars.Now the good news is that the Toyota Matrix is the Vibe's twin and Matrix floor mats will work if you don't mind it saying Matrix on them.Any floor mat on the 2003-2008 matrix will workGood luck
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I have been looking online for factory floor mats as well. I love the Vibe logo on the factory mats ! Tried ebay & amazon but nothing yet. Ebay does have the factory cargo mat for around 70 bucks....
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
trb

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by trb »

Welcome to Genvibe!I've seen the mats at a few parts places, but don't know if they still have them in stock. I've been meaning to grab another set for my son's car. Nothing beats a stock set for looks and fitment if you want carpet.http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/r...72733h ... co...d=335
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Thanks for the link! ....im ready to get them like NOW...lol
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
vibenvy

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Nice looking 1st gen you've got there ! Quote, originally posted by behindthelens »and FLOOR MATS! the dealership gave me these flimsy floor mats that just trap dirt!Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »I have been looking online for factory floor mats as well. I love the Vibe logo on the factory mats ! Tried ebay & amazon but nothing yet. Ebay does have the factory cargo mat for around 70 bucks....Quote, originally posted by trb »Welcome to Genvibe!I've seen the mats at a few parts places, but don't know if they still have them in stock. I've been meaning to grab another set for my son's car. Nothing beats a stock set for looks and fitment if you want carpet.http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/r...72733h ... 335Another website to check out for parts is GMPartsCenter.net. They claim to be able to get vintage/discontinued/hard to find GM parts. I entered the part number #88972733 and it did come up. The price is $70.00. They offer free shipping on everything except oversized parts and body parts. They do charge a $7.99 handling fee though, but that's a lot cheaper then paying shipping on stuff. I have ordered from them four times now without issue. I highly recommend them .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
colterk

Post by colterk »

Welcome to the party! Very nice Vibe you got there, love the abyss. Floormats was one of the first things I got lol Keep us updated.
Link to my 'garage' thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38548
Led Powered Since '87
behindthelens

Post by behindthelens »

any tips for preventing more rock chips on the hood?
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Give PLENTY of space between you and the cars in front of you. The best and simplest practice.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Brandort3

Post by Brandort3 »

Welcome to GenVibe! I was just thinking the other day how I don't hardly see any black Vibes. Love it!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Welcome to GenVibe! Enjoy your stay here in our little corner of the interweb.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
zaxellord

Post by zaxellord »

Hi and Welcome
CAVADA75

Re: new to GenVibe (tpollauf)

Post by CAVADA75 »

Hi! and Welcome behindthelens & Betty.
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: new to GenVibe (CAVADA75)

Post by mkowdley »

welcome!
jkm311

Re: new to GenVibe (mkowdley)

Post by jkm311 »

I took my floor mats out the day I brought my Vibe home in 2006 and sealed them in a vacuum bag. Sound extreme, but they are pristine if I ever want to weather proof them and put them back. I figure if I sell the car, brand new mats will make a big difference. So, what do I use now? These:http://compare.ebay.com/like/3...=sbarLove them in bad weather. They have the stock look & markings and just need to be pulled out and dumped of any debris and water. I took them to a spray bay self wash and stuck them in the prong on the wall reserved for floor mats. I hit them with the spray, and they looked like brand spanking new rubber again. The white outline is something I love, too. I have carried the white, abyss and red theme throughout my car, so they were perfect. I think you'll love them, too. Glad to see another Abyss join the fray, and welcome to one of the best sites on the interwebs.EDIT: Oh, and I spray-painted my drums black (go figure) so they will resist rust. I know exactly what you're dealing with. Rusty drums look even worse on an Abyss than most other colors other than Frosty! If you have the means to take off your rear rims/tires, I would get some rust remover gel (available at any car parts store in a little jar), some fine steel wool or a couple fine wire brushes and get the rust down the best you can. Wash/remove all the excess gel, dry, then tape off the lug nut threads and other areas you don't want painted, then hit the drums with a coat of Rustoleum Primer, then a couple coats of Black (whether flat or gloss is up to you, I went with flat). I did this two years ago, and there's no degradation. Just stay away from the point of contact of the rim. No use painting that. In fact, the tire shop that balances my tires hits that area of my drum surface with their pneumatic gun and cleans up the metal so the rims come off easier each time I come back. Hope this helps.
Steelies to the rescue.