Compass

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Persephone

Compass

Post by Persephone »

I really need a compass for my Vibe. And I don't want to replace my mirror because I'm not sure I could find another one with lights. And I DON'T want one of those stupid ugly ones you mount on your dash or anything. I would rather have a pod type one. But do those even exist? I haven't seen any. ._.;;
My lovely Gambit.
keithvibe

Re: Compass (Persephone)

Post by keithvibe »

Should have bought my mirror i had forsale. Had all the options you are looking for.Couldn't you just use your roadways to determine your direction?east/west= even numbernorth/south= odd numberi know it's not exact but it gives you a general idea which direction you are headed.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Yeah, you would just have to buy a newer one. I believe keithvibe done the upgrade and wrote a tutorial on how to install the new one. It may be costly though to get the mirror. Install seems relatively easy, but that depends on your comfort level of doing stuff of that nature.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
keithvibe

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by keithvibe »

They are easy to install. Power and ground lead and then drive in a circle in a parking lot till the compass starts working. Don't think I did a write up. I think raginfish did
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
joatmon

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe ». I think raginfish didragingfish's mirror how to is http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=7735 Mike did a lot of really good write ups for us, but unfortunately he has abandoned us, and his externally hosted pictures are no longer available
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...isn't there an APPLET program that uses the cell-phone's GPS function to provide a virtual compass?
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
09vGT

Re: (Old Tele man)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by Old Tele man »...isn't there an APPLET program that uses the cell-phone's GPS function to provide a virtual compass?I'm sure there are all kinds of apps. My iPhone 4 has a compass installed on it when opened new. Looks like the old fashioned round kind.
hotbug1776

Re: (09vGT)

Post by hotbug1776 »

Persephone

Post by Persephone »

I'd like it if you could just put it on your dash. I think things stuck to your windshield are hideous.
My lovely Gambit.
hotbug1776

Re: (Persephone)

Post by hotbug1776 »

It comes with 3m two sided tape as well as suction cups. For those who hate things suctioned onto glass. Lol
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Thank you, hotbug!! <3 If I don't have to do that it'd be perfect!
My lovely Gambit.