Hello everyone I am new to the Forum n New owner vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
CAVADA75

Hello everyone I am new to the Forum n New owner vibe

Post by CAVADA75 »

Hello every one just got got the of a vibe 09 Silver 2.4 from TX this past Saturday (09- 2.4- 79000 Miles on it) so far I love the car n hopefully looking to put more Miles on it n hopefully is better on miles than my Explorer , got to tint the windows to start n then Ill see what other mods can I add so hi to uall n see u around
MrHatchWagon

Re: Hello everyone I am new to the Forum n New owner vibe (CAVADA75)

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Welcome, it's nice to meet you as well!
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome to another Houston area Texan! I can attest, you will for sure get better mileage than the Exploder. Not a whole lot better with the 2.4, but it is still better. When I drove my wife's 07 Eddie Bauer V6 for a few weeks, I got 16-17 on my daily commute. I get about 24 on my Vibe GT, if I'm careful with it. And it gets about 29 on the highway vs 22 or so with the Explorer.Now my son's 06 Vibe with the 1.8l gets 27-28 when I drive it to work, and 33-35 on the highway.Good luck with it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
zaxellord

Post by zaxellord »

Hi and Welcome
vibenvy

Re: (zaxellord)

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Great color choice ! Post some pictures of it when you get a chance .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
CAVADA75

Re: Hello everyone I am new to the Forum n New owner vibe (MrHatchWagon)

Post by CAVADA75 »

Thanks like wise MrHatchWagon,for real trb my explore has 230000 miles and only give me 15-16 city and may be 19 hwy I drive to Austin and San Antonio so i definitely will see an improvement on the miles I drove a 05 1.8 and I like it but wasn't much difference on the price so I chose the 09 thanks and yes I got my fingers cross hehehe, Hi zaxellord and thanks, J_TO_ENVY thanks yes one of the best colors n I do like it a lot... but I actually wanted a blue one but was kind of high money wise ho well I am happy with this one here r some of my firsts pic

Attached files
CAVADA75

Post by CAVADA75 »

one more

Attached files
CAVADA75

Post by CAVADA75 »

and one more

Attached files
CAVADA75

Post by CAVADA75 »

And the last one

Attached files
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
trb

Post by trb »

Looks nice! I do like those wheels on the base models. I almost bought a white one with those wheels on it at a dealer in Katy, but ended up holding out for a red GT. I just took my son back to UT yesterday and got right at 29 mpg for the trip!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Welcome CAVADA75! Perfect year and color choice I must say!(Actually, at the time I was also looking for the elusive blue one!).Tint is great - I am finally getting that done in the next month (after two years).Next best visual mod has to be lowering springs. I recommend Tein H-Tech. Maybe some still for sale here in the for sale area. If you want a good engine mod, although I don't have it, it would have to be the K&N intake. Not so much for extra power, but the sound I've been told is great.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Welcome! As mentioned, awesome color!
chadhgraves

Re: (09vGT)

Post by chadhgraves »

The newer Vibes look so good. I wish they were still making them. I would definitely buy another Vibe if I was in the market for a newer car. I'll probably stick to a Vibe style car in the future. My '03 Vibe has been good to me over the past 8 years. Welcome to the forum too, even though you're from Texas. JK
vibenvy

Re: (chadhgraves)

Post by vibenvy »

Very nice looking !Quote, originally posted by Kincaid » If you want a good engine mod, although I don't have it, it would have to be the K&N intake. Not so much for extra power, but the sound I've been told is great.I highly recommend the K&N Typhoon cold air intake, especially since you have an AWD. It will help give it a little more get up and go and it makes the engine sound mean !
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

and I should add that I yanked off that wussy stock muffler and put on a nice little Magnaflow and....the sounds were very underwhelming. Barely a noticeable growl at higher revs. Would have been much better off putting my money on the K&N.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
trb

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by trb »

I don't see an "AWD" on the back hatch, it just looks like it says "Vibe" on the bottom right corner. Looks like another base FWD Vibe with the optional roof rack installed.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
vibenvy

Re: (trb)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »and I should add that I yanked off that wussy stock muffler and put on a nice little Magnaflow and....the sounds were very underwhelming. Barely a noticeable growl at higher revs. Would have been much better off putting my money on the K&N.That's exactly why I'm not bothering with anything to do with the exhaust. The intake sounds great on it's own.Quote, originally posted by trb »I don't see an "AWD" on the back hatch, it just looks like it says "Vibe" on the bottom right corner. Looks like another base FWD Vibe with the optional roof rack installed.You're right, it does not have the "AWD" badge on the hatch. I stand corrected .
trb

Post by trb »

Right, but I've seen those wheels on several FWD Vibes, and there is a local AWD vibe with stock hubcaps. Sounds like GM put anything on anything that would fit!http://photos.ecarlist.com/o1/...0.jpg
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
vibenvy

Re: (trb)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by trb »Right, but I've seen those wheels on several FWD Vibes, and there is a local AWD vibe with stock hubcaps. Sounds like GM put anything on anything that would fit!Hmmm... interesting. I have never seen those wheels on anything but an AWD. I have seen AWDs with the steel wheels and wheel covers though (csxt8058).
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I've never seen those wheels before- they look like the Pontiac wheels Chris has on his G6 with the flat shiny/chrome look... interesting! Usually if a base model had upgraded wheels, they'd have the ones that look like mine.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I've never seen those wheels before- they look like the Pontiac wheels Chris has on his G6 with the flat shiny/chrome look... interesting! Usually if a base model had upgraded wheels, they'd have the ones that look like mine.Now that you mention it, they do remind me of the wheels on Chris' G6. I have only seen those wheels on AWDs. I have seen AWDs with the 16" steel wheels and wheel covers. I have seen 2.4L Bases with 16" steel wheels and wheel covers and the 17" wheels that ponta has, but I have never seen a Base, online or in person, that had those 17" "chrome clad" wheels.
CAVADA75

Post by CAVADA75 »

Thanks again for the welcome every one. trb, what I like from the GT is the spoiler and hopefully i get it soon for what u say n what I been reading my will give close to 24mpg(I can live with that..I hope)Kincaid,I don't think I can wait that long for the tint..well not here in TX got to get ready for the summer , the K&N intake...heee I think I will pass this time my Explorer got one and also Magnaflow so not in this one I am enjoining the ride as it is.J_TO_ENVY, is not a AWD is a FWD but thanks for the suggestion chadhgraves,lol
CAVADA75

Re: (CAVADA75)

Post by CAVADA75 »

And the wheels I have no Idea if they were from a Vibe or a G6 but the other car that I was looking into was a base with the wheels that ponta2147 has but I don't know what is it but I like the ride better with this wheels than the other ones. that's y I chose this one... n the price lol.
trb

Post by trb »

According to the Vibe brochure, you ladies are correct. The chrome wheels are supposed to be an option on the AWD Vibes, and the 5 spoke wheels optional on the base Vibes. Maybe GM changed the options up a bit, or the dealers or first owners did some wheel swaps or something. But like I said, I've seen at least two other FWD Vibes with the chrome wheels. They are nice!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
kostby

Post by kostby »

Welcome to the GenVibe family!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
vibenvy

Re: Hello everyone I am new to the Forum n New owner vibe (kostby)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by CAVADA75 »J_TO_ENVY, is not a AWD is a FWD but thanks for the suggestionYep, I see that now .Quote, originally posted by CAVADA75 »And the wheels I have no Idea if they were from a Vibe or a G6 but the other car that I was looking into was a base with the wheels that ponta2147 has but I don't know what is it but I like the ride better with this wheels than the other ones. that's y I chose this one... n the price lol.No, they are Vibe wheels, not G6 wheels. Ponta and I were just saying that they sort of look like the wheels on her husband's G6.There shouldn't be a difference in the ride because both styles of wheel are 17" and should have the same tire size.Quote, originally posted by trb »According to the Vibe brochure, you ladies are correct. The chrome wheels are supposed to be an option on the AWD Vibes, and the 5 spoke wheels optional on the base Vibes. Maybe GM changed the options up a bit, or the dealers or first owners did some wheel swaps or something. But like I said, I've seen at least two other FWD Vibes with the chrome wheels. They are nice!That reminds me... I need to pick up a Vibe brochure on eBay. Knowing GM, they probably did change the options or something. They're not bad looking, but I definitely prefer the GT wheels !
CAVADA75

Re: Hello everyone I am new to the Forum n New owner vibe (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by CAVADA75 »

There shouldn't be a difference in the ride because both styles of wheel are 17" and should have the same tire size. must be the tires the other one have goodyear n mine have Michelin...just guessing but feel better on the test drive
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by CAVADA75 » must be the tires the other one have goodyear n mine have Michelin...just guessing but feel better on the test drive Ah, different tires would definitely make a difference in the ride .
LavaIlliniVibe

Post by LavaIlliniVibe »

vibes for life!!!!!
colterk

Post by colterk »

Oy oy, welcome to the Vibe family, I too am a new member (a little over a week old) but this place is fantastic. Cheers and great color!
Link to my 'garage' thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38548
Led Powered Since '87
CAVADA75

Re: Hello everyone I am new to the Forum n New owner vibe (colterk)

Post by CAVADA75 »

[QUOTE=colterk]Oy oy, welcome to the Vibe family, I too am a new member (a little over a week old) but this place is fantastic. Cheers and great color! [/QThanks yes it is a great site and like wise Ah, different tires would definitely make a difference in the ride ...agree
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

How did I miss this new member? Anyways Ohio welcomes you to this great site & forum. Visit often and get involved. About your mysterious wheels on your Vibe. Somebody somewhere definitely did a wheel swap to this Vibe. The pic below is the actual brochure of our 2009 Vibes ans shows the wheel selection for that year only. You definitely have the rare AWD polished aluminum 17" wheels.Column identification for the wheels Left to Right:Base 1.8L, Base 2.4L, AWD, GT
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
trb

Post by trb »

Out of curiosity I did a nationwide search of FWD base Vibes for sale and found 8 of them with the same chrome AWD wheels on them. 4 red, 2 black, 1 white and 1 silver. Either a lot of dealers swapped the wheels or Pontiac must have adjusted the option packages. Many of them are pretty well optioned out.CAVADA75, I was browsing ebay completed auctions a few days ago and found your car on there. Apparently the Acura dealer tried to sell it on there first. They had some nice pics of it. Car looks good with the tint! I have to get mine done before summer.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
journeyforce

Post by journeyforce »

What kind of gas MPGs are you folks with the 2.4l Vibes getting? 24 seems low. My 2012 Scion XB has the same engine and auto trans as the 2.4l Vibe and Matrix and is handicapped by the fact it has the profile of a brick. I drive spirited on the highway(when I can) and drive through start and stop traffic and also stop lights and i get between 27.3 and 28.6 MPG (I am going by the amount of miles between fill ups divided by gal put in)Oh and Original Poster, nice car and welcome aboard. I have to say that roof rack really makes the 2009-2010 Vibes
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I was getting solid 25 mpg with the 2.4L and a stick shift until I over-inflated the tires a bit and began doing a lot of coasting. Still only getting 26-27 mpg these days with a 70/30 mix of city/hwy driving (very spirited when I'm not coasting!).
vibenvy

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by journeyforce »What kind of gas MPGs are you folks with the 2.4l Vibes getting? 24 seems low. My 2012 Scion XB has the same engine and auto trans as the 2.4l Vibe and Matrix and is handicapped by the fact it has the profile of a brick. I drive spirited on the highway(when I can) and drive through start and stop traffic and also stop lights and i get between 27.3 and 28.6 MPG (I am going by the amount of miles between fill ups divided by gal put in)We average about 26-28 mpg with 50% city/50% highway driving on both of our 2009 5-speed auto GTs.I've gotten as high as 33.9 with 100% highway driving.
CAVADA75

Re: Hello everyone I am new to the Forum n New owner vibe (tpollauf)

Post by CAVADA75 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »How did I miss this new member? Anyways Ohio welcomes you to this great site & forum. Visit often and get involved. About your mysterious wheels on your Vibe. Somebody somewhere definitely did a wheel swap to this Vibe. The pic below is the actual brochure of our 2009 Vibes ans shows the wheel selection for that year only. You definitely have the rare AWD polished aluminum 17" wheels.Column identification for the wheels Left to Right:Base 1.8L, Base 2.4L, AWD, GT Thanks tpollauf. trb.About the wheels I guess must be kind of common here in Houston since this came up I see 5 of them with the same wheels. Iforgot to mention that it came with remote started don't know if was after market or it was from the dealer.
CAVADA75

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by CAVADA75 »

Quote, originally posted by journeyforce »What kind of gas MPGs are you folks with the 2.4l Vibes getting? 24 seems low. My 2012 Scion XB has the same engine and auto trans as the 2.4l Vibe and Matrix and is handicapped by the fact it has the profile of a brick. I drive spirited on the highway(when I can) and drive through start and stop traffic and also stop lights and i get between 27.3 and 28.6 MPG (I am going by the amount of miles between fill ups divided by gal put in)Oh and Original Poster, nice car and welcome aboard. I have to say that roof rack really makes the 2009-2010 VibesThanks I have to say that the XB was my first choice ..but they sold the one I one ..( love the space and storage areas of the XB) but I am Happy with my vibe.. well the Gas I guess in my case depends on my right foot some of the thanks give me from 270M to 340M not bad in 12-13G tank is better than my F Explorer 300M in 22G tank