Another member joins.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
chassan

Another member joins.

Post by chassan »

Hi, I've been lurking here for a couple weeks. Thanks to this forum, and my need for a new hangglider transporter, I recently pick myself up a 2009 vibe. Mettalic black, 5speed, power locks and windows and what not. The stereo doesn't impress me, the dash squeeks, the driver side floor mat is toast. I've only put 60 miles on it so far, but everytime I put it in gear I like it more. My wife doesn't like it, since she can't drige stick. It also doesnt have squishy seats and suspension, or (removed) warmers, all must haves for her. Eventually I would like to upgrade the wheels, throw some mood lighting inside, and of course change the sound system. Before I do that I have to get a front mount installed to carry my glider. Thanks for collecting all the info here to help me make my choice!
zaxellord

Post by zaxellord »

Hi and Welcome.
DressedInBlack

Re: Another member joins. (chassan)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Welcome to the coolest forum on the internet! Post up some pics when you get the chance.
http://
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Re: Another member joins. (star_deceiver)

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! As DressedInBlack said, definitely post some pictures when you get a chance !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! Wish I had your 5 speed in my GT! But to let you know, my dash squeaks, and I have a nice hole worn into the drivers floor mat by the prior owner. I swear he wore spike heels! Luckily a new set of mats is only about $60 or so.Someone on here got a faceplate from a Matrix with their navigation system install. It has a rectangular opening and looks 1000% better than the retrofit kits with the dumb cut outs. I would consider that if you do change the radio. Maybe it's because I'm old and deaf, but IMO this is the best auto radio I've ever owned. LOL! Good luck with the new car!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
csxt8058

Re: Another member joins. (trb)

Post by csxt8058 »

Welcome aboard! JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
chassan

Post by chassan »

I'll get some more pics after the dealer details tomorrow. I just hope they do a better job than they did when I drove it off the lot. I've not signed off on the "We Owe" yet so I'll keep taking it back as long as it takes to get a decent detail.

Attached files
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by chassan »I'll get some more pics after the dealer details tomorrow. I just hope they do a better job than they did when I drove it off the lot. I've not signed off on the "We Owe" yet so I'll keep taking it back as long as it takes to get a decent detail.Yeah, dealers aren't known for doing the best details. If it were me, I'd just do it myself.Very nice looking 2.4L Base you have there !
trb

Re: Another member joins. (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by trb »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Very nice looking 2.4L Vibe you have there ! Is it a Base or AWD?I agree! I thought it might be an AWD too after seeing the rack, but since he said it has a 5 speed, someone probably added the luggage rack to it.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibenvy

Re: Another member joins. (trb)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by trb »I agree! I thought it might be an AWD too after seeing the rack, but since he said it has a 5 speed, someone probably added the luggage rack to it.Duh ! I completely forgot about his being a manual and the AWDs only having a 4-speed auto .*Edited my previous post .
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Well you can easily fix the sound system issues and buy a new floor mat. lol At least it isn't the carpet. I can't believe you guys have such bad mats. Mine is ooolder than yours and the mats are good! I guess my car did belong to a senator's daughter and yours might have belonged to barbarians. And I guess '03s might not have the dash squeak issue? o_O Anyway you're lucky most of your issues are easy fixes. :3Congratulations on that beautiful car!!! :D
My lovely Gambit.
chassan

Re:

Post by chassan »

It is a Base model, FWD. If racks didn't come factory, then the dealer must have put it on. I have the original window sticker that lists the roof rack. The worn mat and the sub par sound I can deal with until I find time/money to change it out. I had to de-stink it as it smelled like a wet dog. Had it continued to smell like that I would have had to improvise a driver fresh air breathing apparatus (DFABA). Since there wasn't much in the way of staining on the seats or floor, I figured it would come out fairly simply, and it did. It probably helped that I pulled the 1/4 bail of hay out from under the back seat. Thankfully we have had warmer dry weather around here so I have had it wide open to help dry out and clear out the chemical smell that replaced the wet dog smell. Now it is mostly smell free, and with luck it will stay that way. I traded in my Stratus for the Vibe. It pained me more to drop the Vibe off for the over night treatment, then giving up my faithful steed of 12 years for trade.