Any mountain bikers here?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
DirtDevil

Any mountain bikers here?

Post by DirtDevil »

Is there any sort of mountain bikers here? I do downhill and freer using but I can't seem to find anyone that shares my interests. Who's on here and who's near me?
Turner Buick GMC(717)354-4451 x122(484)639-1921I dare you to call me
98se5speed

Re: Any mountain bikers here? (DirtDevil)

Post by 98se5speed »

Very amateur interest here. Sadly, not too many hills or mountains around Chicago. I'll probably increase my interest if/when I move to Colorado in the next few years. This is about the only Vibe-bike related thing I can offer. From a trip we made out to Colorado in 2009. Two old road bikes and my beater MTB. I need to get a 2" receiver on my new Vibe so my bike rack can go on that car too.
JamesChicago, IL03 Vibe silver (totaled Jan-2011)03 Vibe black (bought Feb-2012) Garage Thread
Gekko

Post by Gekko »

big time mountain biker here. I even built my own kinda bike stand in the back of my vibe for me to stand my bike up to and from the trails. .
Greg - Gekko
2003 Pontiac Vibe base 1zz-fe auto
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

I used to when I lived in Tennessee. Rode my bike every day. Spent the weekends on the trails and the weekdays riding through yards and whatnot on my paper route. Every Tuesday was spent on a nearby trail as well. I miss those days.
http://
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

i'm a slightly more than novice rider-mostly local trails. got a hitch mounted rack for christmas (quite wobbly...) and am looking forward to a lot of riding this summer.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
DirtDevil

Post by DirtDevil »

sweet. glad to see there is some riders here after all. If anyone needs help with anything bike related whether its opinions, how to's, or just general questions im all ears. I live and breathe this stuff and am in the process of organizing my own "real" shop
Turner Buick GMC(717)354-4451 x122(484)639-1921I dare you to call me
Raven6

Re: Any mountain bikers here?

Post by Raven6 »

I'm a mountain biker and ride an '04 Specialized S-Works Enduro. I also have two other Specialized mountain bikes which I transport on my Sportworks rack which fits in a 1-1/4" hitch on my Vibe GT.
Nitetrain

Post by Nitetrain »

I Cyclo-cross . . . West-side Chicago . . . Up and Down the Des Plaines River, All Day.

Careful, because there ain't nothin', but Trains, Planes and Pains, in the good ole town of Des Plaines.

Roll out,

NT
~Going Down The Road Feeling Bad~
~Black 2009 2.4 L Automatic FWD Base Vibe~
Canker

Re:

Post by Canker »

Gekko wrote:big time mountain biker here. I even built my own kinda bike stand in the back of my vibe for me to stand my bike up to and from the trails. .
I have two fork mounts bolted to the track system in the back. May have copied it off you :). Two of the three bikes I've had in there are a pita to fit the handle bars are too high and hit the roof so I bought a yakima frontloader roof tray to make my life easier.

I have an old Gary Fisher Sugar 29er. I'm a XC rider and don't have the nuts for real down hill or free riding.
03 Pontiac Vibe95 Mazda Miata
DeClercq

Post by DeClercq »

I used to bike a lot up until a few years ago. Had a couple kids and so much for my free time to enjoy stuff like that. I do still have my GT Avalanche I bought way back in '98 that I manage to take out every once in a while. Sadly since I moved to Indiana, no mountains. Just rails-to-trails type stuff around here.
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Used to bike alot, mix between Dirt jumping, street, and trail riding. The city liked to destroy anything we built though. I started to get more into the trail riding and took a trip to Whistler, BC for Crankworx 2008. Time of my life! I sold my last bike (2008 Giant STP1 teal/white/black) to buy a car (Cavalier Z24, engine died in 20 minutes, good first car...NOT). Didnt Bike for a year or 2 but have just gotten back into it after quitting smoking! I plan to buy a new bike soon and get back into what I loved soo much when i was younger!