What made you choose your screen name?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
DirtDevil

What made you choose your screen name?

Post by DirtDevil »

Eceryonr had a reason in choosing your screen name. What motivated you to make it what it is? For me (DirtDevil) I am a downhill mountain biker with a pretty reckless reputation. Plus I thought it was clever to name it like a vacuum as a pun. What's its and why?
Turner Buick GMC(717)354-4451 x122(484)639-1921I dare you to call me
djkeev

Re: What made you choose your screen name? (DirtDevil)

Post by djkeev »

Air Cooled VW's. (avatar)My user name is just part of my name I've used since the mid 90'sDave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
MrHatchWagon

Re: What made you choose your screen name?

Post by MrHatchWagon »

With many calling them hatchbacks, and many calling them wagons, I just figured I'd mash the two together. I guess I was having a slow day ideas-wise
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

(1) I'm an old man and (2) I play a Telecaster (Tele) guitar; so, viola, Old Tele man.
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

I didn't put any thought into mine. Didn't even look at the directory to see someone previously had the same name with different punctuation. I don't like my username (kind of uninspired, impersonal), but I don't care enough to change it!
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Oh this is my screenname everywhere, from way back in the day when I got my first email address. The name Ponta is actually from a super-obscure Java game that was poorly translated from Japanese, which I found hilarious at 14 years old. http://www.shiftup.net/java/PonQ/PonQ_e.html it's kind of a Mario-esque feel only you can also fly around and turn into a stone statue for some reason. I can't believe it's still online, that was nearly twelve years ago, which is like a hundred in internet years!14 was my age at the time, 7 was my favorite number, my original email was ponta147... when I got my next email a few years later I added the 2 (oooh, creative) and it stuck as my screenname everywhere!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
DeClerq

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by DeClerq »

Robert DeClercq is a character in a series of novels by Michael Slade (he's a Mountie). Our Canadian member's may be more familiar with his work - most of the novels are set in and around Vancouver, plus the author is Canadian. I just thought the last name was unique and I wasn't feeling very creative that day. I realize I left out he "c", but never bothered getting it corrected.It's good reading if someone's looking for some thrillers to read.http://www.specialx.net/specialxdotnet/novels.html
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring'04 Vibe - M&T, Power Package, Protection Package
tpollauf

Re: (DeClerq)

Post by tpollauf »

I guess I'm one of the boring ones on here First initial + last name. Oh well, I make up for it using my wild imagination and turning the impossible into reality. Got some WILD awesome mods on the drawing board and hope to get some of them done in time for the Erie meet
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Linux FTW.

Attached files
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Im a hardcore fan of the original Star Wars trilogy. cptnsolo77 is captain solo....first star wars film came out in 1977.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
vibenvy

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by vibenvy »

It all started when I had my 2002 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe... I was a member of The J-Body Organization and made a post asking for ideas for vanity license plates. Someone suggested J TO ENVY, meaning people should envy my J (Sunfire GT) . I liked it, so it became my vanity license plate and my screenname on The JBO as well. Since then I have continued to use it as my screenname everywhere else because it's what so many people have come to know me by over the past 10 years. When I registered here, I had to add the _s to make it work .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
KITT222

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by KITT222 »

When I signed up for Runescape years ago, when it was cool, I was way into Knight Rider, so naturally I chose the KITT part, except it was kitt328. The 328 was nice and smooth off the lips, so I liked it. When I moved on I kept the name, but changed it to the more streamlined KITT222. Much more visually appealing, and grown up. Even though I'm not as into Knight Rider as I once was I like the name, and it will continue to be mine for a while.
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

My job requires me to be dressed in black. Yes, I work for Johnny Cash's ghost.
http://
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

I originally for the past 3 years, named myself "Ivibe" Only because of hearing and seeing Apple "I" products everyday. So the first thing that pop in my mind when it was requested during registry into Genvibe was "Ivibe" I recently changed it to "ParknVibe" because I felt I was using a trademark by using the "I". Park is the last half of my town's name and since my Vibe is parked in my driveway all day long... I made up "ParknVibe" I was assuming that someone else would of picked "Ivibe" had before I joined.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

I took it from this song many years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_XSPGOZBVUOne of my favorite bands. I've been using this screen name since 2001 (I believe) and use it everywhere! If there's a user going by star_deceiver on another forum... it's me!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
CAMOGIRL

Re: What made you choose your screen name? (star_deceiver)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

This should explain it all...
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Like tpollauf, mine is first initial + last name, originally a username assigned by a network admin configuring a Novell NetWare LAN (me!) in the 1980's.I've been using it online ever since the world wide web opened up to 'commercial use'. I've had many other usernames, onscreen identities, and aliases based on a CB radio handle, the names of characters I've played onstage, pets, toys, and a mythical student identity some of us created in college for junk mail.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
skimask

Post by skimask »

Got plowed one night many, MANY years ago (winter of '89), really, REALLY fit-shaced.I was getting all stupid and such, put on all my winter clothes (coats, gloves, hats, "face wear") and was pretending to downhill ski on the kitchen table at a party I was at.One thing lead to the last thing and I yakked thru the mouth hole of my skimask and didn't get any yak on the skimask mouth hole.It's stuck ever since...
Gekko

Post by Gekko »

Gekko is a screen name i have had for years including the days when I was part of the J-Body crew as well. That and I have always loved Gecko's plus my Gecko tattoo I am going to get this summer hopefully. Why the two K's? when i first signed up, I have no idea why i did two K's so since then.. it just stuck. haha
Greg - Gekko
2003 Pontiac Vibe base 1zz-fe auto
Water boy

Post by Water boy »

I deliver bottled water.
47,891 Added new horns
47,900 Yokohama Avid 205/55-16 $492.40 drive out w/TPMS rebuild kits
69,036 Added sound deadening
70,395 Battery
106,019 Yokohama YK580 205/55-16 $589.19 drive out
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

i love pizza.
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
hotbug1776

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by hotbug1776 »

Mine, I am a VW fan. I'm not the most attractive specimen ever made, so, I went with irony, the hot part. the 1776, it's a highly popular engine size in the Aircooled VW world.
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

old story from another forumhttp://www.urbandictionary.com...GKLERQuote »first, you know how there is a little bit of the curtain left after you pull it back in the shower? i go into the shower and hide behind that against the wall, girlfriend comes in after getting a towel, closes the door and goes over after lookin around and comes over, i jump the **** out and am like "rAERRKLREKLEKGKLER" she looks and is scared so ****ing bad she passes out on the floor, i ran away scared she came back to life and made me make her breakfeast after i stopped laughing
csxt8058

Re: (rAERRK)

Post by csxt8058 »

csxt8058 is a locomotive operating on CSX Transportation, (the How Tomorrow Moves) slogan I'm sure some have seen in commercials. The way I have it written is how you'd see it in the CSX mainframe when looking up a certain locomotive.8058 was the first CSX locomotive I saw in person up close many moons ago, and I've used csxt8058 for my email and other various sites for my log in name for years now. When I went to work for CSX, I got plenty of good natured ribbing about it. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
jake75

Re: (csxt8058)

Post by jake75 »

"Jake" is a nickname from my childhood that only a select few know about. It is also not very common - do a search - about 5 with that name with any posts here. Next closest to me is 23. I had to add something because this system requires at least 6 characters - 75 is a nice round number - sort of. So if you see a Jake, Jake42 or Jake75 on the internet it is probably me.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

The first forum I ever joined was PianoWorld - I was in the middle of a search to replace our first piano with a better quality one and I was trying to learn. The first piano we bought turned out to be "arguably the worst piano ever made", according to Larry Fine, the author of "The Piano Book".That piano was a "Kincaid". My real last name is a nightmare to pronounce and spell, so I liked having something simple. I have used Kincaid on every forum since, except Matrix Owners, where it was already taken.So, there I am "Vi-(removed)" because I love my Vibe!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
Kincaid

Re: (Old Tele man)

Post by Kincaid »

Quote, originally posted by Old Tele man »(1) I'm an old man and (2) I play a Telecaster (Tele) guitar; so, viola, Old Tele man.Here I always assumed you used to be a lineman for the county.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
trask

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by trask »

trask .... Trask River in Tillamook County Oregon.
2009 Vibe GT Sold
2012 Prius Four
2004 GMC HD2500
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »The first forum I ever joined was PianoWorld - I was in the middle of a search to replace our first piano with a better quality one and I was trying to learn. The first piano we bought turned out to be "arguably the worst piano ever made", according to Larry Fine, the author of "The Piano Book".That piano was a "Kincaid". My real last name is a nightmare to pronounce and spell, so I liked having something simple. I have used Kincaid on every forum since, except Matrix Owners, where it was already taken.So, there I am "Vi-(removed)" because I love my Vibe!You took piano advice from this guy??!!
http://
paulclassa

Post by paulclassa »

I'm a truck driver with class A license & my name is Paul paulclassa came to mind but I'm not happy with my choice it's confusing making people think I like things first class im actually very frugal so I'm planing to change my name maybe DR vibe because I'll wisper to the sick vibes that people have lost interest & Quit & moved on & I'm ready too I have a extra motor & tranny I'll repower next vibe & I won't spend. 80 hours I'll bet I can do it in in 35 hrs those yota motors are good
hotbug1776

Re: What made you choose your screen name? (paulclassa)

Post by hotbug1776 »

Quote, originally posted by paulclassa »I'm a truck driver with class A license & my name is Paul paulclassa came to mind but I'm not happy with my choice it's confusing making people think I like things first class im actually very frugal so I'm planing to change my name maybe DR vibe because I'll wisper to the sick vibes that people have lost interest & Quit & moved on & I'm ready too I have a extra motor & tranny I'll repower next vibe & I won't spend. 80 hours I'll bet I can do it in in 35 hrs those yota motors are goodNeed some practice there Paul? Lol. Motor swaps should only take a day. A weekend at most if beer is involved. My quickest motor swap was 2 hours, 1972 VW beetle. That was hustling too. Of course the Beetle is an easy car to swap engines in, not a whole lot holding them in. 4 bolts, a couple wires, some tubes, a couple cables, and not much else. Lol
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »Here I always assumed you used to be a lineman for the county.Then he would be playing an Ovation Balladeer, acoustic, not electric. The original Ovation bowl guitar.I have to admit that 06pvibe came from surprise and laziness.I wasn't thinking when I signed up, was in something of a hurry to sign up and wasn't thinking I'd have to come up with a screen name.Since my other screen names (bbrich57 and virgin1) didn't seem to fit, 06pvibe is both descriptive, and quick and easy to remember.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
06pvibe

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »You took piano advice from this guy??!! Yeah! Larry Fine was a violinist, and a pretty good one too from what I've read.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Houston

Post by Houston »

It's my real name.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
lemay.08

Post by lemay.08 »

My first car was a Toyota MR2 MKI '89 TwinCam 1.6lIt was the first love of my life I get slapped by girls for saying that (sometimes in the face...)
1989 - Toyota MR2 - TwinCam 16 - Red
2004 - Mazda3 GT Sport - 2.3L - Red
2008 - Pontiac Vibe - 1.8L - Grey
2008 - Honda CR-V EX - 2.4L - Red
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

I'm always low in cash =/
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
Kincaid

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by Kincaid »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »...virgin1Do tell.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »Do tell.My Mazda3 HB is the first brand new car I have ever owned. Like many people from my generation I had owned a number of used cars throughout my life, junkers and some nicer ones, but never really one I could say I chose everything about. I was 47 @ the time (and certainly not a virgin.)She is white, was new and pretty, and I was new to owning new cars, so in a sense we were both virgins. She has been known as Virgin1 almost since the day I brought her home. That's all there is to it.
06pvibe

Re: What made you choose your screen name? (lemay.08)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by lemay.08 »My first car was a Toyota MR2 MKI '89 TwinCam 1.6lIt was the first love of my life I get slapped by girls for saying that (sometimes in the face...) I don't know about anyone else, but I'm confused.How does a Toyota MR2 MKI '89 TwinCam 1.6l translate into lemay.08?
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I like cats.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
ramenboy...

Re: What made you choose your screen name? (K-NINE)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I like cats. hahahahahaha
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Wolfman came from when I hadn't shaved in a while and my hair was kind long a guy at work called me Wolfman. Off thing washe had a full blown beard to mimic Santa Claus.213 is my favorite number, and Slayer song. The song is in reference to Jeffrey Dahmer which his old appt number is 213.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
keithvibe

Re:

Post by keithvibe »

Self explanatory Made it nice and easy
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
lemay.08

Re: What made you choose your screen name? (06pvibe)

Post by lemay.08 »

My pic is MR2. lemay.08 is my log in name. At first, I didn't know that my log in name will also be my screen name. I wanted to change it to MR2, but I didn't want to confuse people with whom I've already posted... But call me MR2
lemay.08

Re: What made you choose your screen name? (06pvibe)

Post by lemay.08 »

But lemay is my family name and 08 is the year of my Vibe. Put it together and you get lemay.08 hehe