what did you pay for your vibe?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
JohnL

Re: what did you pay for your vibe?

Post by JohnL »

Bought my '09 GT new off the lot with GM card money and "Cash for Clunkers" deal...rang up right around $16k.
- John L.
2009 Vibe GT
zyzyix

Post by zyzyix »

novibeyet wrote:Hi, new here. Been doing a lot of reading on this great forum. Have been shopping for a 2009 GT for the past month or so. After reading the posts in this thread, it seems the best deals were when the car was new. I've been to or contacted a few dealers and they don't want to bargain more than a few hundred under their listed prices. $16900 would only go to 16400.. 15900 would only go to 15400...... both similar.....GT with moons and tunes.....less than 50k miles.....Some of the vehicles have been listed for six months or more. They all claim they can't take a "loss" when I offered 13500- 14200 out the door price.
I'll keep trying.. Just looking for another Pontiac to park next to my 07 Grand Prix GXP!

Hi and Welcome. Keep looking, You can get a good deal on one. What is in your favor, both the Vibe and Pontiac have been discontinued so the prices would reflect that. The dealers you have been contacting, want to make as much of a profit as they can off the Vibes they are trying to sell.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

I bought my o4 vibe in June of o4 (holy crap! Happy birthday, ramenvibe!!) with 14k miles for $14k and some change. This baby still runs great! Except I need a new catlaytic converter. Doesn't feel at all like it's been 8 years
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

My parents paid somewhere around $13k for it. It was almost 8 months old with 38,000 miles on it. Best birthday present I have ever received!
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Mister3

Post by Mister3 »

got a 2004 AWD, Abyss color, full options: sunroof, cruise, power, etc...with 88,000 miles for $7300 last month (5/2012)

picked it up in the Bay Area (SF). I'm happy with that.
________________________________________________________________________________________
2004 Abyss AWD
[

2008 Suzuki DL650 VStrom

2003 Kawasaki KLX400S
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Alright. I found some paperwork because I wasn't really sure. I bought it in 2004. It's a 04' vibe 5-speed "sport" with the sport package. I'm also looking for the paperwork to see what the dealer did to it (to call it a sport) when I got it. I know it had a upgraded "GT something" suspension package. Not sure till I dig up the sales tag. By the time the dealer sent someone to get it and bring it back to there dealership it took 1 1/4 days of travel and when we got it, it had 286 miles on it. Here's what I found that we paid.

2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Wingnut wrote: I bought it in 2004. It's a 04' vibe 5-speed "sport" with the sport package.
Hmmmmm .... That seems a bit high for this car back then. Our 09-10 Vibe GT's fully loaded carried an MSRP of 23k - 24k tops, and that is 5-6 model years later :o Maybe the dealer did some killer mods/add-ons which justify the higher price. Just curious :?
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

It came with engine and suspension mods. I just need to find the sales sticker to see what exactly they did to it. I know it said something about "GT something" suspension upgrade. When meeting with Kitt yesterday he said it had something they did to it because it sits lower then most.
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.

ligion

Post by ligion »

In mid 2004 I traded in my 1999 Camry for my Vibe, i got a $2k trade-in and walked out with my 2004 Vibe base for $15,500 @ 25,000 miles. Just had Alloy rims no other up grades. But the vibe came with a ton of extras that a lot of cars at that time didn't have standard. like power windows, keyless entry, and Fog lights. :!:

edit: Lol just noticed i already posted in here, with out the extended story though.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Bought my '04 in January of 2006 with ~38k on the clock for $12,995. It's got 130k on it now and the only parts I've replaced so far (other than regular tune-up stuff) are the front wheel bearings at ~90k. Been the most reliable trouble free car I've ever owned, and I plan on maintaining and driving it for many, many more years.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
ligion

Post by ligion »

I've had the engine replaced at 50,000 and the tranny replaced at about 55,000. Luckly it was covered on warranty. it was about 9,000 in repair. I've also replaced the radiator thermostat twice and the belt once. I also wrecked it once into a guard rail, most of the front end was replaced body and frame.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

tpollauf wrote:
Wingnut wrote: I bought it in 2004. It's a 04' vibe 5-speed "sport" with the sport package.
Hmmmmm .... That seems a bit high for this car back then. Our 09-10 Vibe GT's fully loaded carried an MSRP of 23k - 24k tops, and that is 5-6 model years later :o Maybe the dealer did some killer mods/add-ons which justify the higher price. Just curious :?
Yeah, that's crazy high! I'm really interested to see if you can find out exactly what was done to it engine and suspension-wise though. It better be some high quality stuff to justify that price!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
natevaz22

Post by natevaz22 »

Got my 2010 vibe gt for about 8,000has 18,367 miles on it too!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

natevaz22 wrote:Got my 2010 vibe gt for about 8,000has 18,367 miles on it too!
Hmmmmm ... Salvage title ??? That seems extremely low for the year & trim. Got it from a friend or family member? Either way, that price is a steal. Good for you & enjoy :)

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Wingnut wrote:It came with engine and suspension mods. I just need to find the sales sticker to see what exactly they did to it. I know it said something about "GT something" suspension upgrade. When meeting with Kitt yesterday he said it had something they did to it because it sits lower then most.
I'm double-vouching for this. There is no way that suspension was standard. Too low. I'd maybe like to check the sway bars, or poke around the airbox. It came with the "shadowy" vinyl, apparently.
DennisLee

Post by DennisLee »

Just picked up my 2009 Vibe Base (with 1sb? package?) with 69,000 miles a couple of weeks ago for $10,250. Its got the 2.4 l engine w/ 5 speed auto, pwr windows/locks, XM radio and 17 inch Aluminum wheels. Tires are fair, not sure if I'll have to replace them or not before Winter, but for now they work fine. There's some wear on the Driver side floor mat, but other than that the car is real clean, it doesn't look like it has almost 70K miles on it. The dealer had the vehicle advertised probably a couple of grand less than comparible vehicles but he had just taken it in on trade and was willing to turn it quick for a small profit. This was a small used car dealer that specialized in high class cars. Among the cars in his sale area were a Mercedes Coupe, a BWW and a big GMC Suburban with all the trimmings. I think the next cheapest car he had on Craigslist was over $30K. I can't say that I could not have dickered another dealer down into the same range, but I would have had to work a lot harder at it.

Oh, almost forget, this was in the Minneapolis MN area, and no, it's not AWD. :)
natevaz22

Post by natevaz22 »

tpollauf wrote:
natevaz22 wrote:Got my 2010 vibe gt for about 8,000has 18,367 miles on it too!
Hmmmmm ... Salvage title ??? That seems extremely low for the year & trim. Got it from a friend or family member? Either way, that price is a steal. Good for you & enjoy :)
family member dies so she left it to my mom and her brother and i had to give her brother half of what it is worth ! :D
rogue1313

Post by rogue1313 »

Wasn't particularly looking for a Vibe....just a smaller, more fuel efficient wagon to replace my Nissan Frontier.....anyway, came across an 09 Vibe, 2.4l, 5 speed manual, w/just under 75k miles, for $8400......I checked Kelly Blue Book & as far as I could tell, it was about $1500 or $2k below KBB, so I bought it. I'm not sure what 'package' it has....I mean it doesn't have power windows or locks, but it's super clean in & out.

And not to bash Pontiac, but seeing as how it's basically a Toyota in disguise, I figured it's probably got another 200k miles in it...so I felt 75k miles wasn't that bad. Another selling point was that it has a timing chain & not a belt (right?..ha)....so no messing around with that.

Anyway, I've only had it a few days, but so far I really like it.....aside from realizing the radio knobs were shot (found another post on that...so it's almost taken care of already).

So you always feel like you got shafted when you buy a car from a dealership.....what does 'Vibe' community think? $8400 for an 09 with the 2.4l, manual trans, & 75k miles...sound like a good deal? Doesn't really matter, it's mine now...but some reassurance would be nice ;)

Thanks.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Sounds about right for a vehicle with power nothing. Make them fix the radio knobs though, it's a chronic problem.

The model you got is a base and by the sounds of it, the only option you have is the 2.4L engine. Does it have A/C?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
rogue1313

Post by rogue1313 »

Yeah, it has A/C.....and that looks like the only options it has (it was a one owner car & they saved the window sticker, which is alwasy cool). Also, it came with steel rims, but it has alloys now with basically new tires.

Other than that, It's standard equipment for everything else....which I don't really mind.....less things to go wrong. I have to admit though, it's a little weird having to use the key to open/lock the doors....I spoiled with remote power locks for so many years. The one annoyance is having to lock/unlock the rear hatch....sounds petty, but it is a pain.....have to keep reminding myself to lock it.

I love having the window sticker.....shows all the little details.....Looks like it was assembled in Fremont, CA, the engine is from Japan (toyota much).....and the total retail price was $17,245. Also, it's a 2009 but was bought/first registered in June 2008......But wow, 50% depreciation in only 4 .5 years And according to the sticker, the MPG cost to own was based on a per gallon of gas price of $2.80......Whew, dare to dream these days...ha!

As far as the radio goes, it's pretty much already fixed.....well, I took the dash apart, removed the radio, disassembled the radio, removed the knobs, and put it back in the car in about an hour, give or take a few minutes. Works fine, just missing the knobs right now....couldn't find any dealers locally that had any in stock, so had to order some online....couldn't go without the tunes for a week, so just reinstalled w/o the knobs. I think what I'm gonna do is shave down the new knobs (grind off the lip) so they'll clear the front plate & I can just slide them on/off. Sure, some light might leak through, but no big deal. Then again, if I'm bored, I might just do it right & take things apart again.....now that I've done it once, should be even faster this time. What horrible design flaw.....all that work to replace a $6 knob....rediculous.

Anway, I really love the look and the way the Vibe drives....I'm glad I bought it (so far)....as long as the radio knobs are the biggest problem I have to deal with, I'm good.
Jzemaitis

Post by Jzemaitis »

$1100 - 2008 White Vibe with 310k miles on it. Yes... 310k. And it looks like it could have 50k on it. It was a company car driven to deliver medicine to various hospitals around Wisconsin since it was new. All I need to do was get some floor mats, a trunk mat, replace the radio since the display was burned out (planned on getting a new radio anyway). It needed new brakes but I was able to do that myself after I got it home. No dents, no major scratches. I like it!
ahults

Post by ahults »

I bought my 05 Vibe Base 151,000 miles from my company it was used as a service vehicle. I drove it since it was new and kept all service up on it. I think I got a good deal at $4,037.00. Its practically a one owner.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

rogue1313 wrote:Yeah, it has A/C.....and that looks like the only options it has (it was a one owner car & they saved the window sticker, which is always cool). Also, it came with steel rims, but it has alloys now with basically new tires.

Other than that, It's standard equipment for everything else....which I don't really mind.....less things to go wrong. I have to admit though, it's a little weird having to use the key to open/lock the doors....I spoiled with remote power locks for so many years. The one annoyance is having to lock/unlock the rear hatch....sounds petty, but it is a pain.....have to keep reminding myself to lock it.

I love having the window sticker.....shows all the little details.....Looks like it was assembled in Fremont, CA, the engine is from Japan (toyota much).....and the total retail price was $17,245. Also, it's a 2009 but was bought/first registered in June 2008......But wow, 50% depreciation in only 4 .5 years And according to the sticker, the MPG cost to own was based on a per gallon of gas price of $2.80......Whew, dare to dream these days...ha!

As far as the radio goes, it's pretty much already fixed.....well, I took the dash apart, removed the radio, disassembled the radio, removed the knobs, and put it back in the car in about an hour, give or take a few minutes. Works fine, just missing the knobs right now....couldn't find any dealers locally that had any in stock, so had to order some online....couldn't go without the tunes for a week, so just reinstalled w/o the knobs. I think what I'm gonna do is shave down the new knobs (grind off the lip) so they'll clear the front plate & I can just slide them on/off. Sure, some light might leak through, but no big deal. Then again, if I'm bored, I might just do it right & take things apart again.....now that I've done it once, should be even faster this time. What horrible design flaw.....all that work to replace a $6 knob....rediculous.

Anyway, I really love the look and the way the Vibe drives....I'm glad I bought it (so far)....as long as the radio knobs are the biggest problem I have to deal with, I'm good.
$8,400 seems like a fair price - with AT and the power package they probably would have asked another $2,000. if you really want some reassurance check out CarMax.com, do a national search, and see the high no haggle prices they are asking. In the old days a rule of thumb was a 50% reduction from msrp in 3 years. Today you don't get to a 50% reduction until about 6 years - assuming a normal 15,000 mile a year use. If and when my knobs fail I think I'll get an aftermarket radio. (Gas price here in Columbus, OH is down to 3.02.9 thus week.)
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

I paid $9k for my '09 Vibe base 2.4l automatic with 98k miles, power and cruise. It's immaculate inside and has just a couple dings outside, and was a fleet vehicle with all highway miles and regular maintenance. It was more than I was looking to spend at first when I was originally looking for a cheaper 1st gen but when I looked into it I couldn't past it up.
Image  Image
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Jzemaitis wrote:$1100 - 2008 White Vibe with 310k miles on it. Yes... 310k.

Not to hijack this thread BUT how do you know that the vehicle has 310,000 on the odometer when supposedly they all stop at 299,999 ? Just curious if 2008 & newer odometers actually record longer that older Vibes

Jzemaitis

Post by Jzemaitis »

Yep. The odometer is pegged at 299,999. The only way I know it was 310 is from the inch thick folder of service records. The OD was showing actual miles just a month or two before I picked it up. Now I go by the trip meter between oil changes.
NoRemorse249

Post by NoRemorse249 »

hi guys. ive been reading this for bout a month and there is so much useful information on here. and id love to get more involved. i purchased my first car/ 05 vibe for $1000 runs great with all new tires about a month ago and i love it. i just completed my first mod last night and cant wait to do more. i put a blue neon light wire under the dash to illuminate the front floorboards. its the perfect lighting. and put a red rocker switch in one of the empty panels next to the hatch glass button. but anyways im here now. and was really wondering if anyone knew of any cheap or free easy mods for the customization beginner. i.e.- this guy. lol
05 vibe base, 1.8L DOHC
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Lets see....with or without interest? :lol:
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
NoRemorse249

Post by NoRemorse249 »

the vibes look sick. but the g8 stands out. i love those things
05 vibe base, 1.8L DOHC
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

03gt bought August 2011. 90000km (~55k miles) for $6100. New brakes/tires/clutch/battery. Loaded with moonroof and side airbags, 16" wheels
SuperVibeMan

Post by SuperVibeMan »

Just bought 2010 Vibe Base with 38,500 miles. 1.8L, 5 speed stick, PW, PL, PM, A/C, Cruise control, new tires, new rear discs and pads. Paid $9800 and for $50 I can transfer the Guardian warranty good for 5 years or 100K miles. Just waiting for the title to clear and I'll be getting on the road soon! :lol:
jake75

Post by jake75 »

SuperVibeMan wrote:Just bought 2010 Vibe Base with 38,500 miles. 1.8L, 5 speed stick, PW, PL, PM, A/C, Cruise control, new tires, new rear discs and pads. Paid $9800 and for $50 I can transfer the Guardian warranty good for 5 years or 100K miles. Just waiting for the title to clear and I'll be getting on the road soon! :lol:
I think that would have stickered at about $18,750. Not a bad deal at all. Strange that the rear disks went before the fronts. Maybe the fronts had already been replaced. Was this at a dealer or a private sale?
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
SuperVibeMan

Post by SuperVibeMan »

This was bought from a buddy getting divorced. He had just bought from a dealer a month ago for $10,999 and he paid $2k for the warranty. He just wanted to get rid of or he was calling the bank to come repossess. After joining this forum and seeing so many nice GT's I kinda wish that's what I got, but economy is important to me and I hope I'll be pleased with the base 1.8L. If I decide to keep for long term I'd like to put some allow wheels on it and a few other goodies. K & N Cold Air Kit will be my first mod. Just ordered GM cargo mat as well!
;)
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

2008, bought new at end of year (they were already building the new style 2009's) for an "internet" price of $13,650. Dealership tried like heck to get out of the "internet" price, but I had printed their add. After a few hours of back and forth, and me walking out of the building one time and heading to my car... they caved and sold it to me. Sticker was $19,--- something. I have the sticker in the car, but it's actually too cold to go out and get it right now.

Came equipped with cruise, sunroof/woofer (Sun and Sound that was Moon and Tunes before that), and the designer steel wheels and caps that are now Winter wheels with snow tires mounted. Not a bad deal for new. About a $1,000 more than my son paid for his 2005 in 2006 with 25,000 miles on the odo.

Lots of good deals in previous posts. Like seeing that. I did a little looking around last weekend on cargurus.com and found some good deals on all years of Vibes out there, some that had reasonable prices and a few that were really outrageously priced and hope no one would fall for!

I think the best deal that has been written up so far was winning on the Price is Right. I just hope rolsson calmed down a little before he drove that Vibe out of the studio! Good thing he doesn't get too excited about stuff like that! :lol:
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Rambovanvo

Post by Rambovanvo »

Not sure if this is a good deal but.. just bought my vibe 2004 this month for 5000$ 176k winter tires included. Has all the bells and whistles sunroof remote starter... etc. it has 2 spoilers don't know if that was a mod or came with the trim. A mechanic owned it so that was a plus ;)... Evidently he did all the tune ups 10k ago breaks and fluids
johnjely

Post by johnjely »

I bought a 2009 1.8L automatic in Indianapolis in December of 2012 -- right after a car accident totaled my Grand Prix and right before I flew across the Atlantic for a trip. It was a fleet car for Eli Lilly, so it has 136k miles on it, but I felt like it could probably get another 100k. Paid $6700 + tax. I've had to replace the thermostat, coolant temp sensor, cam shaft actuators and the timing chain all since getting back from West Africa in January, work that'll add up to about $1900. Boo. Hopefully after all the repairs, though, it'll be a longlasting vehicle!
chearn4522

Post by chearn4522 »

I bought my 2009 1.8l with cruise, auto windows, and only had 29,000 miles for 12,000 in oct of 2012 ...I trully love my vibe..
My VIBE
K&N drop in
Konig Unknown 17
Goodyear Eagle GT 225 45 27
Tinted all the way..including brow
Leather Shifter to Match car
Short antenna
Painted Calipers
Custom Plates...MYVIBE
Viper 5901 remote start and alarm
....MORE TO COME......
bh2003

Post by bh2003 »

Sticker was 22,025 when I bought her in early April 2002. Paid in full Sept 2006. Still going strong at 271,800 miles :D
jake75

Post by jake75 »

bh2003 wrote:Sticker was 22,025 when I bought her in early April 2002. Paid in full Sept 2006. Still going strong at 271,800 miles :D
Somewhat amazing that 10+ years later new car sticker prices are about the same or not much more. Of course what you actually pay may be a bit higher - but still new car prices have not advanced that much and of course the quality/features are better. A 2003 Vibe did not have standard antilock brakes, 6-8 airbags, stability/traction control.
Derf

Post by Derf »

2005 Vibe with 184k miles, automatic, front wheel drive, sun and sound package, had dealership goodies undercoating etc. Previous owner had just put new tires and had timing chain and water pump replaced. Paid $2700
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Derf wrote:2005 Vibe with 184k miles, automatic, front wheel drive, sun and sound package, had dealership goodies undercoating etc. Previous owner had just put new tires and had timing chain and water pump replaced. Paid $2700
A steal! congrats!