Perfect driving record?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
03VibeOttawa

Perfect driving record?

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

In light of some other threads opposite in nature to this one, I just wanted start a thread and see if anyone wanted to chime in and brag about their clean driving records?! So far through my 1st 11 years of driving (I'm 28 now), I've still yet to have a ticket/infraction, or any insurance claim. That's not to say I drive like a granny, I just like to think I'm very attentive to my surroundings and conditions. I'm currently paying about $80/mo. to insure my '03 base. I really can't complain, there, IMO. I'd like to hear any related stories...
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Since you posted this, you're doomed for a ticket. Can't say I'm a part of this.
rAERRK

Re: Perfect driving record? (Feelin' The Vibe)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by Feelin’ The Vibe »In light of some other threads opposite in nature to this one, I just wanted start a thread and see if anyone wanted to chime in and brag about their clean driving records?! So far through my 1st 11 years of driving (I'm 28 now), I've still yet to have a ticket/infraction, or any insurance claim. That's not to say I drive like a granny, I just like to think I'm very attentive to my surroundings and conditions. I'm currently paying about $80/mo. to insure my '03 base. I really can't complain, there, IMO. I'd like to hear any related stories...i'd also take into account the quality of other drivers in your area, not to mention luck most of the accidents i've been in were 100% the other persons fault. i attribute this mostly to the fact that if you're over 16 and breathing, you can get a drivers license in georgia. as far as tickets go, i'd be out of contention since the same summer i got my drivers license.
j42.snyder

Post by j42.snyder »

So far, no tickets (thank goodness!), and only insurance claim to date was from kids vandalizing my car when I was at work. That was in 1996. I've been licensed since 1989.I was rear ended once, but fortunately there was no damage. Miss those days of having durable steel bumpers... that was in my '79 Dodge Aspen. That car seemed to attract others like a magnet somehow. Fortunately that was the only incident during my ownership.John
jake75

Re: Perfect driving record? (rAERRK)

Post by jake75 »

I went 47 years without an accident or even a ticket - but last April I backed into an unmarked police car. My damage (T&C) was only a little more than my deductible so I did not file a claim - the other vehicle was even less. I think it was a Ford Explorer that was probably acquired by forfeiture from a drug dealer. Did not result in any increase in my auto insurance. But that string takes luck as well as safe driving.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
trb

Post by trb »

I should not comment on here since it has been over 10 years since my last traffic infraction. But I can say none of the prior ones ever went on my official public record since I always took defensive driving to get them dismissed. So I kinda have a perfect record! 1) ~50 in a 35 when I was 16. 2) Ticket for crossing the yellow line at an intersection (making a left turn) and getting hit by a driver on the other side of the road when I was 18.3) 70 in a 55 when I just opened up my Mustang one day merging onto a road back in 1992.4) "Stunt" ticket from accelerating to merge in front of another car (Impala SS) onto the freeway in my Mustang back in 1995.5) Accident where I rear ended a vehicle on the freeway, I was going about 15 mph in traffic in 2001 and turned my head for a few seconds.My wife has only received one ticket in almost 30 years of driving, from a radar speed trap exiting the freeway. They pulled over like 5 cars at a time and wrote tickets up assembly line style.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
tpollauf

Re: Perfect driving record? (trb)

Post by tpollauf »

Me, have a clean record with the muscle cars that I use to restore in my younger SINGLE years ??? DREAM ON I've just recently have been fairly clean for two reasons: One, I'm a bit older and got the wild thrill & speed stuff "temporarily" out of my system, and Secondly my JOB. I drive a commercial vehicle as part of my job and if I ever lose my license ..... then I'm unemployed
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
star_deceiver

Re: Perfect driving record? (tpollauf)

Post by star_deceiver »

5 tickets since 1997. Two in 2000, two in 2006, one last November. with the exception of the last one, they were all from "safety inforcement campains" AKA Quota day! Last one was for doing 123km/h in a 90 zone... he nailed the 3 people tailgating me as well. I was surprised that the fine in BC was only $171.... and it appears that BC and Alberta don't have a reciprocical agreement with each other.Never had an accident or caused one. No insurance claims! I pay around $103 a month, full coverage!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Re: Perfect driving record? (tpollauf)

Post by vibenvy »

I have been driving since 2000...In 2000 when I was 16, I had to go to traffic school twice. The first time was because the cop was "hiding" and claimed I turned right on a red light (the light had just turned yellow as I was turning). I think it was really because I was a young girl driving a Camaro (my ex's) and it was around 10 or 11 o'clock at night . I honestly can't remember the reason for having to go to traffic school the second time . I know it wasn't anything too major though.When I had my 2002 Sunfire GT, I used to get stopped for dumb little things all the time... loud exhaust, license plate lights that were too dim (the cop thought they were burnt out), no front license plate, etc. The last time I was stopped was in 2005 in my 2002 Sunfire GT. It was by an Illinois State Trooper on my way downstate. He stopped me for tinted windows (35% in front and 15% in back; front windows weren't supposed to be tinted at all), loud exhaust and no front license plate. He was kind of an a$$ until a huge RV went flying by in the right lane (didn't get over) and damn near blew his hat off and almost hit him. He was alot nicer after that and ended up only giving me a ticket for the tinted windows. I had to pay like $75 I think and I was good. Knock on wood I haven't been stopped for anything since. The cops don't look twice at the Vibe even though I had tinted front windows (35% all around) before 35% all around was a legal combination in Illinois and I have been driving with no front license plate for a year and a half now which is also illegal. I actually had a cop tell me one time that the Vibe looked like "a fun car to drive!" It's really nice to be able to drive around and not have to worry when I see a cop.Accident-wise I have never been involved in one. I did make an insurance claim with the Vibe when I ran over something in the road that punctured my tire and wheel back in 2010, but that didn't affect my premium or anything. I know my insurance dropped dramatically when I turned 25 and because I have a clean driving record it's pretty darn cheap (State Farm).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
dustie

Re: Perfect driving record? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by dustie »

I have a clean driving history but had my license suspended twice for unrelated things haha! Arizona where I grew up likes to suspend your license if you dont pay any fines that you owe the state. I was 16 and racked up a couple of "Disorderly Conduct" tickets.. forgot and didnt pay them.. Drove for 4 years on a suspended license and didnt even know until I went to court for Executive of Estate for my mother when she passed and they offered to arrest me or I pay $1500 on the spot.. Needless to I whipped out my checkbook haha!
csxt8058

Re: Perfect driving record? (dustie)

Post by csxt8058 »

Accident free and clean driving record...no tickets since getting my license in '94. I also had a Commercial Vehicle license from '96 when I turned 18, up until last year, which required I drive any vehicle with the same caution as trucks. Any infraction on a CDL in NYS can result in losing it permanantely. That said, I've always been a cautious driver, and took a lot of heat from my friends when I was younger and always followed posted speed limits and drove in a respectful manner. They didn't understand the whole CDL thing.I still drive with an easy going manner, not in a hurry, I don't tailgate or cut people off, although both are common up here, especially with the younger crowd. I will admit to driving a little crazy at times when chasing trains, but not often. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
Nyx8

Post by Nyx8 »

I've been driving since 1999 without a ticket or anything. Squeaky clean but now I'm probably jinxed!!
~*Nyx*~
2014 Dodge Challenger SXT V6, approx 200 miles
SOLD - 2006 Pontiac Vibe Base 1.8L, 62k miles
SOLD - 1996 Pontiac Firebird V6, 94k miles
SOLD - 2004 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L, 45k miles
SOLD - 1989 Pontiac Grand Am V6, 100k miles
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I got "in trouble" for having an out of date inspection sticker a while back. Got tailgated by a lady driving some giant Ford SUV (she was too cool to hang up the cell phone or stop at a red light). Luckily the grey cladding popped out one dent and the other one is small and rather unnoticeable...I suspect that the one it still has could be popped out with some coaxing, so I still haven't reported the incident.That's all that's happened since 2006 (when we bought the car and I got my license). I try not to speed, but sometimes I copy the people in front of and to the side of me and around here it's not unusual for people to be going 10+ mph over.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vibenvy

Re: (lannvouivre)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I have been driving since 2000...In 2000 when I was 16, I had to go to traffic school twice. The first time was because the cop was "hiding" and claimed I turned right on a red light (the light had just turned yellow as I was turning). I think it was really because I was a young girl driving a Camaro (my ex's) and it was around 10 or 11 o'clock at night . I honestly can't remember the reason for having to go to traffic school the second time . I know it wasn't anything too major though.When I had my 2002 Sunfire GT, I used to get stopped for dumb little things all the time... loud exhaust, license plate lights that were too dim (the cop thought they were burnt out), no front license plate, etc. The last time I was stopped was in 2005 in my 2002 Sunfire GT. It was by an Illinois State Trooper on my way downstate. He stopped me for tinted windows (35% in front and 15% in back; front windows weren't supposed to be tinted at all), loud exhaust and no front license plate. He was kind of an a$$ until a huge RV went flying by in the right lane (didn't get over) and damn near blew his hat off and almost hit him. He was alot nicer after that and ended up only giving me a ticket for the tinted windows. I had to pay like $75 I think and I was good. Knock on wood I haven't been stopped for anything since. The cops don't look twice at the Vibe even though I had tinted front windows (35% all around) before 35% all around was a legal combination in Illinois and I have been driving with no front license plate for a year and a half now which is also illegal. I actually had a cop tell me one time that the Vibe looked like "a fun car to drive!" It's really nice to be able to drive around and not have to worry when I see a cop.Accident-wise I have never been involved in one. I did make an insurance claim with the Vibe when I ran over something in the road that punctured my tire and wheel back in 2010, but that didn't affect my premium or anything. I know my insurance dropped dramatically when I turned 25 and because I have a clean driving record it's pretty darn cheap (State Farm).I forgot one thing that I am very proud of that I wanted to add...Since I haven't had any moving violations since at least 2005, when it was time for me to renew my license back in 2010, I got to do it through the mail ! You fill out the paperwork and send the renewal fee of $30.00 and you never have to step foot in a DMV! They send you a little sticker that you simply put on the backside of your license. The best part is the funny looks I get when people need to see my license for something since the expiration date on the front of the license says 2010 !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jazzvibe

Re: Perfect driving record?

Post by jazzvibe »

I have a fairly perfect driving record. I got my driver's permit the day that Nixon resigned. That must have been August 1974. Never been pulled over. Never been ticketed. Got rear-ended once by a teenager on a cell phone in Daddy's business vehicle that she was not authorized to drive. I refused to back down on reporting it because it seemed to me that maybe Daddy had saved her a$$ a few too many times already.

I also got sideswiped at a mall exit drive when a lady leaving ToysRUs in the Christmas shopping season did not even try to slow down or apply brakes in a snowy situation. Banged up Husband's car and made me late for something. I forget what it was, now.

I did cause an accident as a teen. There was a leaking fire hydrant at the top of a small rise on a semi-residential street one winter. A traffic light turned just a bit downhill from it, and I chose to go through the yellow. A car turning left did not expect me to continue. I figured I had no choice, knowing there was ice from the leak under the snow. I was probably traveling too fast for conditions. I hit him. In those days, Detroit cops did not respond to traffic accidents. No ticket for me, though I was at fault.
My Recently Deceased Vibe
Murdered By A Dodge Charger 11-23-16!
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Sparkling clean here! Although it wasn't always that way. My first accident was in 1996 when I was 16 driving my 87' Honda CRX. I was at a stop light waiting to turn when a drunk driver doing 80+ mph slammed into the rear end of my car. I sustained multiple injuries on that one. Between that accident and the next one I probably had about 5 tickets for random stupid things. The next accident was when I was 20 when I rear ended a Hyundai on a slippy road doing about 10mph. No one was hurt but I did bend the hood of my 94' civic si hatchback and cracked the ladies bumper. Since then I haven't had so much as a parking ticket! 12 years so far accident and ticket free. I think I'm just more observant now and no I do not drive like a grandpa. ;)
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.

crazytrain

Post by crazytrain »

30 years of driving I got 1 ticket for turning left from a left turning lane as the arrow turned red. That was back in the late 80's, early 90's. I didn't get pulled over again until last year for not having a registration sticker on my license plate. Had it in the glove compartment with the registration - just forgot to put it on. I used to get plenty of parking tickets when I lived in NY, but since I've been in FL (16 years) I haven't had a single one of those either. Red light cameras started to show up in South Florida a couple of years ago, but I haven't gotten nailed by any of those either. Must be because I have a habit of stopping for red lights - except for that one time referenced above, which could have gone either way if you ask me. I think the cop must have had a quota or something.
2006 Stealth Vibe <-- Current
2010 Subaru Forester <-- Wife's Current
I miss my 1992 Saturn SC2 - drove it for 12 years
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Never gotten a ticket, unfortunately two "accidents," if you want to calm them that. I BARELY clipped the very corner of a guys bumper while I was driving my Dad's '89 Silverado pickup (not even 70,000 miles on it today!!); he started to pull out in the intersection then hesitated and stopped but I had already turned the other way to see if traffic was coming, and you can guess the rest. The other time, I was backing up in my Vibe before the guy in the back seat had closed the door, pushed the fender in on my friend's HHR while he was right there to see it happen! Both were B.S. accidents...oh well.
- John L.
2009 Vibe GT
jimincalif

Post by jimincalif »

One ticket in 1975 when I was 17. I had my license about 6 months, driving 70 mph on I-10 in the desert trying to get to my grandfather's funeral on time. This was right after the Arab oil embargo and Congress' ill-advised national 55 mph speed limit response to supposedly save gas. Prior to the double nickel this speed limit there was 70, and today in this area the speed limit is again 70 mph, so as far as I'm concerned, I wasn't speeding.

P.S. I missed the funeral.
"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill---------------------------------Who is John Galt?2 Vibes, 03GT & 07 base (kids drive)1993 Lexus LS4001980 Fiat Spider